Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.

I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a
pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names
provided in the multiple criteria given.

Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart
automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the
'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the
pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so
far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this
but of course when working with pivot tables, you cannot access the
source data.

Any ideas? I need to change the name.

Thanx
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 2007
Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Labels
This puts your custom sum label into the title.
Also applies to report filter.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/twyzdju3wrz/02_05_09.xlsm

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total
AYE! my head... i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula. can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done? thank you! frustrated student Widen the cell size Regards, Peo Sjoblom "fyremunki" wrote: > AYE! my head... > > i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency > amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after ...

How do I totally delete a distribution list ?
Trying to delete a distribution list but it won't go away. You provided no information whatsoever. Explain what you mean. Did you also delete its entry from the autocompletion cache? -- Russ Valentine "nellb" <nellb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C86FC70-A24B-43D9-A763-E426868538DD@microsoft.com... > Trying to delete a distribution list but it won't go away. > Where do you delete it and where do you see it still? First, delete it from your Contacts folder. If it pops-up when addressing a new message, use your cursor keys on ...

Profit margin total does not tabulate correctly on Detailed Sales
When you have more than one item sold on an invoice the profit margin does not tally correctly on the Detailed Sales Report. Does anyone know how I can fix this?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A8_01C6D3FA.F28A9150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jack, Explain your question better please. When I sell 1 item @ 16.66% PM, when I sell 2, its still @ 16.66% When I sell 1 item @ 16.66% and a different item @ 11.56%, the invoice = shows 14.11%, which without calculating it, looks pretty clo...

Carry running total for various items?
In Col A, I have a drop-down (data validation) of five items. In Col B, I need to put a number that is a running total of how many times the item in Col A has been selected. So it would look like: Col A Col B A 1 A 2 A 3 B 1 B 2 A 4 A 5 C 1 C 2 D 1 D 2 D 3 A 6 B 3 Is there a formula I can use? Ed Assuming your first value is in Row 1... =COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1) Rick "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dbde7dd7-a854-4138-968d-f0b30f4dee9f@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > In Col A, I have a drop-down (data validation) of five items....

Total number?
hi, I want to display a total number for all the number in series, how to do that? please advice. thanks. Hi What is 'number in serias'? <someone@js.com> wrote in message news:%23jz07DtkKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi, I want to display a total number for all the number in series, how to > do > that? please advice. thanks. > > Sum() all number but only the group/category. How to do that? "Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message news:OZlsMQ2kKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > What is 'num...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Sum Total Estimate Revenue based on Status
Hi, I am in CRM 3.0 and trying to build a report of opportunity that is attached to the account. Since this report is group by account, at the end of the report, I want to show that for opportunity with status lost how much is the total lost, total win and total open based on estimated/actual value. How can i add the condition to sum the total based on status? Thx, Carrie Not sure I've got this exactly right but would one option be to: 1.Create new new Advanced Find view (All opportunities) & Save it as named view 2. From opportunities area select this new opportunity view ...

Totaling YTM on a group of loans
Is there a formula that will accurately total the YTM of a group of loans? Something like this should get you started: http://www.tvmcalcs.com/calculators/apps/excel_bond_yields Here's a video: http://www.mysmp.com/video/bonds/how-get-yield-maturity-ytm-excel.html -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "kirkland020208" wrote: > Is there a formula that will accurately total the YTM of a group of loans? ...

Pivot: grand totals
Hi all, i need your help for the below table: ITEMS YEAR YRLY_TOT GRAND_TOT 2008 $10 1. ITEM1 2009 $20 $60 2010 $30 2008 $10 2. ITEM2 2009 $30 $80 2010 $40 2008 $20 3. ITEM3 2009 $30 $90 2010 $40 Each item has yearly totals (column YRLY_TOT). I want column GRAND_TOT to show total of all three years for each item ( i guess the three cells shou...

Count totals with date
Hi I need to count the total licences by type used weekly but display the answer monthly. I think it should be something like: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH($C$2:$C$12)=1)*(YEAR($C$2:$C$12)=2004)) will count the number of date entrys, but I dont know how to put the rest of it together. Can any one help? A B C Licenses Totals Date Web-mail 19392 01/03/2004 POP 19392 01/03/2004 Web-mail 99827 08/03/2004 POP 99827 08/03/2004 Web-mail 11023 15/03/2004 POP 11023 15/03/2004 Web-mail 10067 22/03/2004 POP 10067 22/03/2004 Web-mail 1...

Distribute Total
Greetings, I�m trying to distribute from a monthly projected amount of let say �Twinkies� by day. Based on last year performance which is represente by % (percentages) by day of the week (Sun., Mon., Tue., Etc.). Is i possible to input a total amount per month example 1,500 boxes o Twinkies and according to the percentage of the day of the week i would distribute it accordingly? I kind of stumped with variables how many Mondays in a month etc, how avoids get an incomplete result like in the case 1,498 or 1503 Twinki boxes. Any help would be deeply appreciated -- Fabl ------------------...

Pivot Table Chart
I have a pivot table which is translated into a chart. I have 20 rows of data, each has a numeric value, which is in turn translated into a Vertical Bar Chart. I can get the chart to display the relevant values for each Bar. Now I have "grouped" some of the rows in the pivot table, and the pivot table displays the totals for each of the groups, the chart "groups" together the bars under a relevant heading that I have given in the PT. What I now want to do is display on the chart somewhere [ possibly at the bottom where the group headings are displayed ] the totals for...

Conditional total
Could someone please help with a formula that I would need to make the following work. A - B - C 1 - Nuts - �1.50 - Bought 2 - Bolts - �1.50 - 3 - Washers - �0.50 - Bought 4 - Total - �2.00 I would like a formula that looks at column B and totals it up only if the word 'Bought' appears in column C. Many thanks, Graham. Hi Graham, Try: =SUMIF(C1:C4,"Bought",B1:B4) Cheers -- macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] ---------...

How do I get a correct Net Total
The following Access Table captures mail Bob Jones sends to different individuals, and the cost for the day it was sent. before breaking to another customer the postage for all the week's transctions is totaled into a Gross Charge then a Credit is allowed giving the amount, Net Postage Billed, that would be billed to a customer. See Below: Bob Jones Weekly Billable Postage Package Sent To: M T W Th F Jack Smith $0.00 $2.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 Rob Brown $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $3.00 Joan Cool $0.00 $3.00 $0.00 $0.00 $4.20 Gr...

Totals are doubled when report is a sub report
Hi, I hope someone can help before what remaining hair I have is torn out! I have a report which is a list of names from a query and then for each day of the week it shows the time that person is due to be in and leave. That is a simplifies view but pretty much it. In the format section of that report I keep a count of the number of people in for each day and each possible start and end time, All this is good and works. However when I add this report to another as a sub report, the totals I'm keeping are doubled. On c hecking I found that the subreports Format section was...

Cumulative totals of sub-sets of figures
I have a column of numbers: 0.82 0.93 1.23 2.53 8.53 etc I would like to know what the cumulative totals are for ranges of thos numbers: 0.8-1.0 1.0-1.2 1.2-1.4 and so on. Is there are a way of doing this automatically, or do I have to coun them up? thanks for any replies -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not very elegant perhaps but this might do what you want =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$500>=ROW(4:4)/5),--($A$1:$A$500<=ROW(5:5)/5),$A$1:$A$ 500) will increase criteria with 0.2 for each row you copy it down staring with 0.8 and 1.0, change the equal signs if you do...

Wrong Total in Account List in Money 2004
I been using Money since 2003 to keep all my finances and have really liked it. But recently (a week ago), Money has started messing up my account totals. The totals in the individual accounts (the transaction register) are correct, but when I go to Account Lists to see a summary of all my accounts, the totals are wrong. I have tried looking around, but have had no luck figuring it out. Any help would be great... In microsoft.public.money, Dustyn wrote: >I been using Money since 2003 to keep all my finances and >have really liked it. But recently (a week ago), Money >has st...

Annual Budget Report: Total Budgeted
This problem appears to be a bug as it is easily replicated using the sample.mny file supplied with Money although I cannot find any reference to it on the Microsoft web site. There is some discussion of the problem on microsoft.public.uk.money in March 2003 but no resolution. Can anyone confirm this problem? Has anyone a solution? Thanks... Function: Annual Budget Report If report is customised to show Categories in rows and to 'Show categories with no spending or deposits' then Total Budgeted column contains 0.00 in all rows except Total Income, Total Expenses and Total. T...

Get totals from other sheet
While on SHEET 2 I would like a macro that would check the last entry in any given column on sheet one.Thanks A small clarification: the last entry on any col could be a date or a number Thanks "pcor" wrote: > While on SHEET 2 I would like a macro that would check the last entry in any > given column on sheet one.Thanks ...

Disabling the total function on stacked charts
I need to use a stack chart but do not want it to add the two number together. Anyone have an idea how to do that -- ctruma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ctruman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27059 Use the second sub-type rather than the third best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "ctruman" <ctruman.1ee2cn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ctruman....

running total of the difference of 2 columns?
hi need help agai i want column C to be a running total of (columnA-columnB EXAMPL a1 =2 b1=-3.5 then C1 should be -1. a2=4 b2=0 then C2 should be 2. a3=1 b3=-2 then C3 should be 1. Anyway i can get column c to do this Thanks in advance GAME One way: C1: =SUM(A$1:B1) copy down as far as desired. In article <35DD505F-1763-4400-B0B9-5EBCDBCFCE07@microsoft.com>, "Game" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi > need help again > > i want column C to be a ...

Report showing totals from two tables
I am trying to create a report showing total counts from two related tables. I have two tables, Inspections and Reinspections. Inspections has as it's fields, InspectionID (PrimaryKey), InspectionType, Inspector, InspectionDate. Reinspections has ReinspectionID (PrimaryKey), InspectionID (ForeignKey), ReinspectionDate. They are linked one to many, one inspection to many reinspections. Each inspection may be one of several type, but each inspection regaurdless of type may have several reinspections. There is only one type of reinspection. What I want is a report showing the total count of ...

totals #2
I've a workbook with 1 project management sheet and several sheets wit testdata. The project management sheet I use for instance to show tota figures. For example. I want to make totals for sheet1!A1 + sheet2!A1 sheet3!A1. As you see the position of the cells remanes the same. Eas you say....but what I don't know is: how many sheets shall I have, an I don't want to adapt everytime my formulas after adding a sheet I there a possibility to say take all the sheets where the name of th sheet begins with xxx and make a sum of cell A1? thanks in advance. davi -- daol --------------...

Outlook Express Message count
Sorry for the double post. Background: By design (I think), Outlook Express 6 shows a count of unread messages on the left navigator, next to each folder name. The folders do not show the count of total or read messages next to the folder name. Thus, if all messages in a folder have been read, there won't be a numerical display next to the folder name at all. Now, if a user wants to see more message count information, and VIEW -> LAYOUT -> BASIC -> "Status Bar" is checked, the status bar at the bottom of Outlook Express window will appear, and display the total messag...

Manually Calculating Formulas
Hey On a spreadsheet which I'm creating for college I need to calculate the formulas manually. That i've figured out but i'm not sure how to set the totals to zero with the formulas entact in the cells Cheers Tom Evans Spreadsheet Zipped attached +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Car Spreadsheet.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4765 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gold2040 ----------------------------------------...