Change font size based on value of a cell

If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change
from the default 10 to 16.  It needs to return to the default size
when A1 returns to a value of 0.  Can someone help with this?  Thanks.

Michael
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here's a little macro that will do it.......

If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then
    Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10
    Else
    Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16
    End If
   Range("B1").Select
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote:

> If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change
> from the default 10 to 16.  It needs to return to the default size
> when A1 returns to a value of 0.  Can someone help with this?  Thanks.
>
> Michael

0
CLR (807)

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

sum if red font
I wish to sum the numbers in a column if the numbers are changed to a red font. An example is in column B, rows 10 thru 20 there are numbers. If I change a number to a red color I wish to sum those numbers in cell A5. Regards, Gary See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Gary" <allge@cox.net> wrote in message news:FD89D98E-56FA-4E97-9C71-6DB7EC4C8920@microsoft.com... >I wish to sum the numbers in a column if the numbers are changed to a red >font. An example is in column B, rows 10 thru 20 there a...

Get row values into column
I have a row (A:BI) with text or numbers in each cell. However, there are some cells that are blank. B,D,F,H,J,... are the number cells (unless they are blank) and A,C,E,G,I,K,... are the text cells (unless they are blank). I would like to have all the cells that have text in them to be entered into cell A5 and down. Same thing with the number cells except in cell B5 down. Example: A B C D E F 1 PHI 2.3 OTT 3.6 I would like the following: A5 = PHI B5 = 2.3 A6= OTT B6 = 3.6 Anyone know how ...

Can I stop formatting changes from appearing in "track changes"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Under track changes preferences, I have &quot;none&quot; selected, yet formatting changes still show up when I chose to display the changes in balloons. I can accept most of the formatting changes in order to eliminate the balloons, but sometimes I click to &quot;accept&quot; 10 or 20 times, but the balloon won't go away. <br><br>I realize that this is only a problem with balloons, but my pagination gets messed up if I don't use balloons. Yes: Turn off "Keep track of f...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Getting a cell reference to move laterally instead of vertically?
I have data that is sorted in columns, but the data I want to graph is a cross section of this data and therefore it comes from one row across several columns. I'm trying sort my graph/equation data in a column, however. Is there a way to get the equation cell references to move across a row even while the cell is descending a column? You can do it on a range using the TRANSPOSE function (array entered), or you may want to take a look at the OFFSET function, which takes a row and column argument. Use the ROW() function to generate the column argument and you will be able to copy...

ACC2000: change string to int
I have a customer number that is a string, but I need to change it to an integer variable. Assigning: iCust = sCust does not work. (I just want to drop leading zeroes in the string. It can stay a string if that's easy.) Is there a function to convert string to int? I could not find one in Access help. String() seems to convert a numeric to a string data type. Thanks. Try use: Int(sCust) or Val(sCust) If you want to find Help on these types of functions, first open any module and then open Help. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donat...

How do I change my "Personal Contacts" to just Contacts?
My computer crashed but not before I saved my Outlook folder. The problem is how do I import all of the data (emails, contacts, calendar) into the right places? The old was 2003; the new is 2007. As of now, the old "Outlook" folder is sitting on my new Desktop, which probably doesn't make the most sense. The main issue is that all of my contacts are listed as "Personal Contacts" when I really want to make them just "Contacts" in general and create a subset of truly personal contacts. Thanks. goodguy9544;112956 Wrote: > My computer cra...

Turning Clear Type font smoothing off
How can I turn Clear Type font smoothing off in code, what Win32 function does this? On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:20:31 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >How can I turn Clear Type font smoothing off in code, what Win32 function does >this? See SystemParametersInfo, specifically the SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHING family of options. -- Doug Harrison Visual C++ MVP ...

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

Open form based on selection
I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I selected in [frm_modelselect]. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. Travis On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:24:04 -0700, Tdahlman wrote: > I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I > want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. > Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I > selected in [frm_...

Merging cells with the same values
I am looking to merge all the horizontal cells in a sheet that display the same value answer as the cell directly along side it. The values are generated from a lookup formular that expresses the answers as words. Is it possible to get a group of cells alongside each other to merge and display the same answer automatically. Thanks ...

Calculate total number off cells with data in
Hi All Hope I find you well I have a spreadsheet that has a number of cells that may or may not have data in them depending on curtain criteria. What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? Hi Gazza, > What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? > Check out the COUNTA worksheet function. Regards, Jan Kare...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

Terminating Application using ShellExecute return value
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a Main application that runs Child application using ShellExecute. When the Main application terminated, the Child application will also be terminated. I have tried to use the TerminateProcess but I think that's rather rough so I thought of if I can use the ShellExecute return value to terminate the process it ran. Is this possible? If it is not, what application terminate method that is safe? Thank you very much. On Dec 22, 12:08=A0pm, Landon <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. > > I have a Main a...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Change system message
When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items" I would like to personalize that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending on the control - different control different message). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox: Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(Ne...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Changing format of a particular point in a series (conditionally/vba)
I have a single series which is charted each month and want to automatically format one of the points (a bar) a different colour. Is it possible to do this automatically? thanks for any advice david marcus - note the email address will not work Hi! Click once on the particular bar where you wish to have different color, system will select all bars in the chart. Click once again, the system will select only the bar that you are clicking on. Call out Format Data Point and select the desired color or pattern. >-----Original Message----- >I have a single series which is charted eac...

Copy filtered data (Values only)
The following code copies filtered data: Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues) How do I modify to the copy only the values Thanks! Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E54D33F-2...

Change XY tick labels from numeric to text
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am exploring a huge dataset of data by U.S. zip codes. Each row is a zip code, the state the zip belongs to, the state number, and a count of widgets. 91234 AK 2 0.123 91872 AK 2 0.234 91232 AK 2 0.345 26271 AZ 3 0.111 23111 AZ 3 0.222 Although this might sound strange, I am graphing the entire dataset as an XY scatter plot --- with the state number as the x values and the widgets as the y-values. The resultant plot shows the distribution of widgets for each state very quickly and easily and all on one graph. I&#...

Modern.ttf font file requested
Hi, I have bought a Dell computer almost 2 years ago and it already had the modern.ttf font file installed (no, I am not talking about the modern.fon file). I have first reinstalled Windows XP without any problems. When I have installed Windows XP for the second time and thereafter, the modern.ttf file was not installed or it was missing from the Windows XP installation disk. I have looked all over the internet for a possible download link, but have not had any luck. Is there a way that someone would send me the modern.ttf file or tell me of a place to download the file or exactly what sof...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...