Change font size based on value of a cell

If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change
from the default 10 to 16.  It needs to return to the default size
when A1 returns to a value of 0.  Can someone help with this?  Thanks.

Michael
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here's a little macro that will do it.......

If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then
    Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10
    Else
    Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16
    End If
   Range("B1").Select
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote:

> If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change
> from the default 10 to 16.  It needs to return to the default size
> when A1 returns to a value of 0.  Can someone help with this?  Thanks.
>
> Michael

0
CLR (807)

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

how do i change tick marks of excel graph from vb.net
I'm trying to change using VB.NET the tick marks from their default outside position and place them inside the graph. How can this be done? ...

font in outlook 2003 reply
when i reply to an email with plain text my reply is in plain text eventhough my setting for replying and forward is set to arial 10. my email editor is msword 2003 sp3. how do i fix this? thanks. Fix what? That is the intended behavior. Outlook replies with the same format the sender uses. That is considered common courtesy. You can override it manually if you think that's what the sender wants you to do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nlehrer" <nlehrer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9602959f-d164-497a-b423-e292dd38eaa9@c23g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > when ...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

Create static text from cell reference

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

How to sort calendar entries on "size"
I would like to remove large size calendar entries by being able to sort on "size". I am able to sort Inbox items on size but not calendar. My company's exchange server has email account size quota and a 3rd of that quota is being held up by calendar entries on the server side, so I would like to get rid of the unwanted past celndar entries that occupy portion of my account quota. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Umesh On 11/18/03 9:21 PM, in article 049b01c3ae43$d9cf01d0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Umesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would...

Getting font properties
I have a LOGFONT - complete with all desired properties including face name. I use CFont::CreateFontIndirect() to create a font. If the font I have specified is not available on my machine then it uses the nearest available in some appropriate sense. So far so good. But CFont::GetLogfont() just returns me the LOGFONT which I used to create the font, and not the one it actually adopted - in particular as regards face name. Is there an easy way to get the face name of the font it actually used? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...