Change Display Units property with VBA

Hello,

I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my
powerpoint presentation using VBA.  The Powerpoint group has site has
been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my
question in.  I would think the code might be similar to that in excel
so I'm hoping someone can help me here.

Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units"
property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs?

thank You,
Jenise

0
jwilliam (2)
1/11/2007 6:52:25 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
 jwilliam@altera.com wrote:

> The Powerpoint group has site has
> been down for a couple of days

The

    microsoft.public.powerpoint

newsgroup appears to be working fine, with over 130 posts in the last
three days...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/11/2007 7:44:30 PM
JE McGimpsey wrote:
> In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
>  jwilliam@altera.com wrote:
>
> > The Powerpoint group has site has
> > been down for a couple of days
>
> The
>
>     microsoft.public.powerpoint
>
> newsgroup appears to be working fine, with over 130 posts in the last
> three days...

Strange, I have been trying all day and I see no new posts since Jan 9,
7 a.m.

0
jwilliam (2)

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

Changing Toolbar Icon Size
Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA Subroutine? Thank you. Like when you do: Tools|customize|Options tab|Check Large Icons? If yes, then: Application.CommandBars.LargeButtons = True But this affects lots of programs -- all of the office suite??? Jack Gillis wrote: > > Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA > Subroutine? > > Thank you. -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. That does it and. yes, I realize the change effects lots but I have a way to handle that. "Dave Peterson" <ec357...

CPrintDialog changes locale settings
Hi, I have run into a strange situation. The following code show the problem I'm encountering: CPrintDialog *m_cPrintDlg; struct lconv* l_cConv = NULL; CString l_sString = _T( "" ); // Create a print dialogbox. m_cPrintDlg = new CPrintDialog(FALSE, PD_NOSELECTION | PD_RETURNDC | PD_NOPAGENUMS, NULL ); l_cConv = localeconv( ); l_sString.Format( _T( "Before: %c" ), *l_cConv->decimal_point ); AfxMessageBox( l_sString ); // E...

How do I change the date taken on a picture using MS picture manag
I have pictures taken with a canon power shot a520. I want to change the date picture was taken. How do I do that? Podo373 <Podo373@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have pictures taken with a canon power shot a520. I want to change > the date picture was taken. How do I do that? This newsgroup is for the discussion of and asking questions related to the Microsoft Publisher product. What does this question have to do with Microsoft Publisher? See here for a tool to edit EXIF data: http://www.colorpilot.com/exif.html -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

How do I change start-up default settings?
I want my Publisher 2003 to open with different 'arrange', font & font size settings to those originally set by Microsoft A tutorial Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalhei http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DISMAL" <DISMAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3718CDE5-4970-4A4B-B17F-AFBAAA40E60E@microsoft.com... >I want my Publisher 2003 to open with different 'arrange', font & font size > set...

Change Junk E-mail SCL
I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? GC GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote: > I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages > will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Who told you that was possible? > Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL > level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? As far as I can tell, there is no &quo...

Perhaps not an outlook problem, but maybe a setting change will help.
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista Business system. I use it to monitor four email accounts, one POP mail from my work, a gmail account, and two POP accounts from my ISP (Bell), who contracted their mail service to Microsoft some years ago. The two non-ISP accounts work perfectly and are very reliable, but intermittently, one or the other of the ISP accounts start rejecting the username and password, which I know is correct. If I go to the web mail interface and test the username and password - there's no problem, unless the login server really, really is broken, w...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Change default sort order
Every object in my Navigation Pane is sorted 'Ascending.' This seems to be the default setting. I want to sort 'Descending' (on date created or modified) in order to bring the most recent object to the top of the Navigation Pane for tables, forms, queries and reports. I can't find anywhere in Access Option a place to make this change. Is this possible? How? VBA code? Ed This is a report forum so I can only assume you want to set the sorting of records in a report. Do this using the Sorting and Grouping dialog. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "OldManEd&...

Unable to change the size of the font in document map in 2010
I have tried the method used in 2007 ie manage styles edit document map style modify. It only changes the font in the document not in the document map navigation pane Is this a bug or am I missing something? The font is very small for me Thanks PS apologies I posted this question but typed word 2007 instead of 2010 -- melthamdave Answered elsewhere -- please don't post the same issue multiple times. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "melthamdave" <melthamdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A89254CE-2342-41D9-959E-A...

Display Quote Number on Order
Hello, I am trying to display the field named quotenumber on the Order form. I see that there is already a field mapped from Quote.quotenumber to SalesOrder.quoteidname. However, when I go into system customization, I cannot choose to view the quoteidname field in the form. Is this a bug or by design? By design. When the quoteid field is added to the screen, it will actually show the name of the quote. That's about the closest you will be able to get in terms of displaying data from the Quote. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- --------------------...

Formula or VBA help
Hi group - I have a very simple task, but having trouble figuring how to do it. I have values in a range of cells, let's say A1:A10. In cell A11, I have a formula that sums that range. In cell A12, I have a value that reads =$10,000.00. What I'm trying to accomplish is a prompt or something that will not allow any more data to be entered when the value in A12 has been reached. In this example, it's $10,000. Any help is greatly appreciated. My brain is now warped from thinking too much :-) Thanks in advance, Newtechie New, Select A1:A10. Data - Validation - Custom: =$A...

Word 2007 - Dragon NaturallySpeaking preferred
Everything worked fine between Word 2007 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking for at least a year. Suddenly, Dragon NaturallySpeaking would activate track changes in Word. Track changes was not turned on the Word menu. And turning it off and on using the menu would not affect track changes being active when speaking with Dragon. Entries from the keyboard were not affected except by turning the track changes off and on manual. ...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

Is there a way to change preset margins?
I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great. Is there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007? I don't want to change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets. However, I NEVER use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins. Is there a way to create my own presets to those that I use regularly? Thanks No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the desired margins; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemp...

How do I change a file from read-only?
I have a publisher file that is read-only. I am the author, but I can't figure out how to change it so that I can change the document. I have gone under the properties tab but I can't access the attributes. TracyH <TracyH@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher file that is read-only. I am the author, but I > can't figure out how to change it so that I can change the document. > I have gone under the properties tab but I can't access the > attributes. Is the file on a CD? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publishe...

changing email address for people in the address book
Outlook 2003 I don't use Outlook myself but I have customers who do. So, I don't have much experience with it...... Today we were trying to change the email address of a person in the email address book. It could be highlighted but it couldn't be changed. How can email addresses in the Address Book be changed? On a related topic, in Outlook Express one can show an "email" address and a "reply to" address. Where is this possible in Outlook? I can't find it. Thanks, Fred There is no address book in Outlook. Enter or edit data in the Contacts ...

Color changing text for blue to red
I want to take a part of a form I am making and have the title line only go from blue on the left side to red on the right side. I tried word art but did not get the desired results. I want each letter to be a different soled color from the one beside it. If there is no automatic way of doing this then what is the easiest way of doing it manually I an using Pub XP on a W2K box. If it is in word art then I missed and would like to know for future reference. Highlight one letter at a time and change each one manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brady" <sp...

Use VBA to duplicate a row structure/formulas?
Hi all, I'm looking for an automated way to duplicate the last row in a worksheet as soon as it has been edited. I need the new row to be empty but maintain the formulas of the previous row. Is this possible please? I'm working on a continuous form for other users so there's no way of knowing how many rows will be needed in advance. I've never done anything like this in excel before so I'm not even sure if it's possible! Thanks a lot, Ciar=E1n I do something similar in a "Logbook" file I made for our shop. What I did was create the formulas and formatting ...

parsing and importing a text file with records through a VBA macro
Hi all, I'm really stuck in a problem in parsing and importing a text file into an Excel sheet with a VBA macro. I strongly need to do it by a VBA macro in order to postprocess the resulting data through Excel. I searched a lot into the network and I found something useful but I can't achieve the final solution actually. Can you help me please? Your help is really appreciated. My text file is containing several records formatted like this: REC1_FIELD1 REC1_FIELD2 REC1_FIELD3 REC1_FIELD4 REC1_FIELD5 REC1_FIELD6 REC2_FIELD1 REC2_FIELD2 REC2_FIELD3 REC2_FIELD4 R...

"Invalid use of Property" message
-- Thanks Larry ...

how do i display the sort arrows in column headers in access 2007
I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column headers. Any advice? Where are the column headers? In a table, query, form - data sheet - other? Some where else? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "KenBob2" <KenBob2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5280AF5F-F673-48D4-8C31-0051BF53A3F4@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column > headers. Any advice? I think it's: - office button (that upper left button) - access o...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Changing paper sizes once project is done
i have a project done in 11 X 17 and i would like to print it in 8.5 X 11 and microsofts advice didn't work. I'm assuming you want to scale down the publication and then print it on 8�x11. You may want to save the original, if so, open the original file, Save it under a new name. The way I would resize the publication: File Page Setup Select 8�x11 This will make your publication oversize. Resize the piece parts as needed. Another method: Open the original file; convert it to an image. I use SnagIt. (There are fee picture taking programs) Use the image in a new 8�x11 f...

Look Up and Display set data
I have an annual leave Tracker / Sickness / Training spreadsheet. On each day if a member of staff is Sick S is entered if on annual leave (holiday) H is entered and T for training. What I would like to do is add a function to display set data. For Example in Column A I have the names of all staff. Column B their managers name then in the other columns C, D, E etc I have dates of the year. Is there a way I can display for example / create a page where I can ask Excel to display say for example activity for a member of staff in S (Sickness) state, or all details. Or for example can I run ...