change color in graphs?

I have a graph with a combo box form control, so that the data it
plots changes according to the data set I choose in the combo box. Is
it possible to also change the color of the plot lines according to
what the combo box choice is?

Thanks.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

You would need to use VBA to handle that.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ACLrecon" wrote:

> I have a graph with a combo box form control, so that the data it
> plots changes according to the data set I choose in the combo box. Is
> it possible to also change the color of the plot lines according to
> what the combo box choice is?
>
> Thanks.

Color fill after converting to pdf
When I fill a text box or auto shape with a solid color, after converting to pdf (primo) it suddenly shows as a type of plaid pattern. I have double, triple and quadruple checked and I have not selected any type of patterns, and all my settings are normal. Working on a recent file that I shared with a friend, her filled boxes are NOT showing this same pattern after converting, only mine. What could be causing this on my program only and what can I do to fix it? Are you certain you are not applying transparency? Is your friend using the same PDF converter? What version Publisher? Mic...

Change Bussines Unit
I want to move crm user form one business unit to another. Is it possible to do it in CRM ? Yes, it is possible. Go to user list and from the tool bar select Change business unit... Do not open the users details! Mike "Mark" wrote: > I want to move crm user form one business unit to another. Is it possible to > do it in CRM ? ...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Changing the Exchange Orginization Name
I'm trying to mount a mailbox store that was from another domain. After using esutil to clean the db, it still won't mount. The error I get points out that the Distinctive names are different. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1088 Date: 11/19/2003 Time: 11:10:31 PM User: N/A Computer: MACHINE_A Description: The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name (DN) /O=ABC CORPORATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= of message database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MACHINE_A)" does not m...

Change color
I've a form on which there is a check box TaskComp and a text box TaskDate. Using the following VBA code, when the check box is checked, the Date in the text box is set to the current date. This works fine. Private Sub TaskComp_AfterUpdate() If TaskComp.Value = -1 Then TaskDate.Value = Date Else TaskDate.Value = Null End Sub I want the background color of the text box to change from whit to red when the check box is echecked, so I added to the code: Private Sub TaskComp_AfterUpdate() If TaskComp.Value = -1 Then TaskDate.Value = Date Else TaskDate.Value = Null If TaskCom...

Urgent help: change outlook default conatct form
Hi all, We added several fields to contacts in the standard form (design mode). We want this form to become users' default conatct form. Also, old contacts are able to launch from this new customized form. are these possible? exchange 2003/outllokk2003/outlook 2007) Yes. This is possible. You need to change the form on the folder properties and then run a program to change the IPM form used on existing items. See the last two sections at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm for details and link to the program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

Change Admin Group
Is anyone aware of a workaround for changing a server from one Administrative Group to another? I know they aren't easily moved looking for a hack if available. Many thanks, Jeff "Jeff Abbott" <jeff.abbott@veritas.com> wrote: >Is anyone aware of a workaround for changing a server from one >Administrative Group to another? I know they aren't easily moved looking >for a hack if available. Moving the server's easy. Making it work after you do it's a bitch. Moving an object between containers with ADSI isn't hard. Getting all the objects renam...

charting a single changing DDE cell
I have a spreadsheet that captures real time stock data via a DDE link. The cell captures the last price of a stock as it changes over time. Can you chart that changing cell as the day progresses. Maybe capture the data and then chart it or a macro which plots that cell every minute? Bob You would need to capture the value of that changing cell periodically in a growing table, possibly in a different sheet. For example, every time you update it via the DDE, you could run a code that copies the value of the cell to the last row of the table. Use a dynamic chart to plot the values in t...

cell font color changes
When i change a cell font to grey in Excel why doesn't it print grey when sent to a black printer. it only prints grey if sent to a color printer hi, Because the B/W printer can only print in black. the color printer can print in colors and to the printer gray is just another color. regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >When i change a cell font to grey in Excel why doesn't it print grey when >sent to a black printer. it only prints grey if sent to a color printer >. > Also, some b/w printers offer a "grayscale" option under Print Qualit or the lik...

Change Exchange Virtual Directory URL
Hi, how can i change the virtual directory in Exchange OWA URL default path is https://servername.domain.tld/exchange for OWA. I would like OWA is available by https://servername.domain.tld/ without /exchange in URL. Is that possible, with minimal administrative effort? Thanks Florian http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386/en-us. "flabs" <flabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9525E2-9246-43A3-A309-06F6B025D5C4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > how can i change the virtual directory in Exchange OWA URL > default path is https://servername.domai...

How do I change default file locations in Publisher 2007?
any answers gratefully received! You can't. You can put a folder into My Places, when you save a Publisher document, click on that folder. It is an extra step, the developers forgot to include a default path option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F4F34D-FF54-400F-81BE-6388FFA564A4@microsoft.com... > any answers gratefully received! Thanks Mary. LEt's hope it will be added in the future! Best JAke "Mary Sauer"...

Rotate a page to change its view in OneNote?
How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a > page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. There is no ability in ON to rotate a page, even not for pictures. But for pictures/printouts there is a powertoy: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx Bernd ...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

Change Font
I'm a SharePoint user. Sometimes when I post data into a SharePoint list field, the text appears in a format that differs from the rest of the data on the page. Sometimes it stays in the source format and sometimes it changes to another font that does not match the other cells on the page. How do I change the field fonts in SharePoint? I can find no command for this. The only place I'm aware of where fonts matter in SP fields are in the so-called "multiple line of text" type of field. There you are allowed to define fonts as it's sort of like a mini-w...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

PO won't allow status change
Hi, we have a po, GP 10, the status is released. I want to cancel it but when we attempt to cancel it tells us we cannot change the status when an item has been received against it. I can't find where to tell what was received. I have tried to receive, receive & inv., match and nothing appears when each process is applied. Help says to remove a PO w/a Released status, close or cancel, but we are unable. Any suggestions? -- P McCarthy You can click on each line item on the PO and them click the Purchasing Quantity Status icon (the i in a circle) to see the detailed informati...

Change Office Language by User
I think I've read enough in these pages to know that it's not possible to get Office to work in more than one language for a single User (I mean menu commands, dialogs, etc. -- not talking about dictionaries, puntuation, etc.). But does anyone know whether or not Office can be configured in two different languages on the same Mac (Mac mini, 10.4, pre-Intel), one different language for each of two different Users? When my Mac starts up, I have two Users set up, one for me in English, one for my mother-in-law in French. The OS is perfectly comfortable switching back and forth between la...

How to change windows appearance scheme?
Hello, How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I need to force the appearance scheme to Windows Standard. Also related can the appearance scheme be set to Windows Standard for just the application i.e. without affecting the appearance scheme for other applications and the desktop? Thanks, CarlH. As far as I know, this is not possible. The color scheme is at the discretion of the user. joe On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:18:59 -0400, "CharlesC" <Charles@bscinforma.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I ...

Reversing changes made to an excel document
Does anybody know if you save an excel spreadsheet after making many changes, can you reverse those changes after it has been saved to your local C drive ? Use your backup that did not have the same save on it "Laurie" <laurie.richroath@sulzer.com> wrote in message news:2f6901c373d6$7f156510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know if you save an excel spreadsheet after > making many changes, can you reverse those changes after > it has been saved to your local C drive ? ...

Can I change the Navigation Pane Buttons default?
Many of our users here use the Public Folders to share contacts and/or calendars within a department. We just upgraded to 2003 from 97. In 97, one could drag or add a shortcut to the Outlook bar from Public Folders, and remove or move other shortcuts. Along those lines, users would like to click on the "Contacts" button in the Navigation Pane, and have it go directly to a public contacts folder (one click access). Is this possible? I know all about the shortcuts option, AND the favorites folder option, but I want to know if the default place those buttons point to can be ch...

Specify Rows and Cols for worksheet Change Event?
Hi, Can someone please tell me how to change the below Visual Basic code (originally from Nick H.) for excel so that the Target area it applies to is not columns A:A but applies only to Columns J thru M and Rows 25 thru 36. ORIGNAL REPLY: You could use a worksheet change event. The code below will present a message box on each entry. Test it with validation first. As written it only works with entries in column A (The code goes behind a worksheet in the workbook. Right click on a sheet tab and select 'View code'. Paste the code in the resultant window) Private Sub...

Need to change pic viewer in Excel
When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which causes multiple browser windows to close if viewing several linked pictures. This is an Excel newsgroup. You should post your question to a WindowsXP Pro newsgroup. HTH Otto "rgroff" <rgroff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46469ECB-F3B4-4F33-9FAC-8496239F14C2@microsoft.com... > When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX > viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which...

Changing the font of text in a check box
How do I change the font properties in a check box? I would like to have the font bold and a different color. Thanks Irie! Right click the CheckBox, choose properties. Iriemon;575152 Wrote: > How do I change the font properties in a check box? > > I would like to have the font bold and a different color. > > Thanks > > Irie! -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.the...