Change background color of query results from access in worksheet

Hi,
I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an
Access DB and selected a query.  I chose "Table" view.  The query results now
appear in my worksheet which is great.  However, I want to change the
background.  Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a
darker blue.  I want the results to have a white background with black
borders but have been unable to change the format.  If I go to  Home and
select No fill for a color background nothing happens.  Is there a way to
change the query results?

Thanks,
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Could be the rows are banded/colored due to Conditional Formatting.

Change the colors in CF or just clear the CF entirely.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:06:05 -0700, Chuck W
<ChuckW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an
>Access DB and selected a query.  I chose "Table" view.  The query results now
>appear in my worksheet which is great.  However, I want to change the
>background.  Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a
>darker blue.  I want the results to have a white background with black
>borders but have been unable to change the format.  If I go to  Home and
>select No fill for a color background nothing happens.  Is there a way to
>change the query results?
>
>Thanks,

0
Gord

Need help with ListCtrl after font change
Hi Folks, I'd appreciate any advice.... my project is actually done in WTL, but I thought the MFC group would be a good place to start. I have a ListCtrl in report view which I am doing custom drawing and stuff but otherwise nothing special. Recently I added the ability for the user to configure the fonts on the fly for the ListCtrl, menus, statusbar, etc. When I change the font in the ListCtrl, if I am scrolled to the top so that the first item is visible, all is fine. If, however, I'm scrolled down so that the first item in the list is not visible, the ListCtrl seems to lose tra...

Device hangs when accessing San Disk U3 USB device
Hello, We have two platforms both running CE 6.0 with QFEs up to 8/31/09. One is an ARM based and one is an x86 based (ICOP board). When we plug in and access this Sand Disk device that has this U3 feature (it runs some stuff when plugged in to a desktop and mounts CD ROM emulation or somthing) it will work just fine on the ARM based device. On the x86 though the process who acessed the device will hang until you unplug it. The device seems to mount, the folder for the device is visible. But as soon as you ask for the file listing it will hang until unplugged. Any advice is h...

OT
Is the Microsoft Exchange website down, by chance? When trying to access the ExBPA Page or the Exchange 2003 SP1 page, or the /exchange/library page, I recieve a Page not found error (Can't post it due to copyright). http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/ExBPA/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library Error page that launches: http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?404;http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/404.mspx When I try to access the main Exchange page, it now comes up with a 403 Forbidden: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Bob Christ...

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Wrong(?) calculation result in Excel
While my calculator gives the correct result for 111,111,111 X 111,111,111 (12345678987654321, when I use Excel for the same calculation, the result I get is close, but not exact--12345678987654300. Can anyone help explain what's happening in Excel? Many Thanks, Jim Hi Go to Excel help and do a search for Specifications. In there you will see that Excel only calculates to 15 digits of precision. I'm sure others will post quoting the IEE specification that Excel works to. It's very interesting and well worth a read. -- Andy. "Jim" <jlclemen@ius.edu> wrote ...

Converting Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hi Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them to someone who runs 2000 and I dont have access to the help guide on 2000. Thanks Edgar If I remember correctly, Access 2000 has a Tools | Database ... | Convert | Convert to previous version feature. -- Good luck Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> "Edgar Thoemmes" <EdgarThoemmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2369C1-9310-4929-8CF0-90A137FC0A8B@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them > to someone who run...

XL97 changes filenames upon open
Hi All........... Just started today...........when I open any .xls file, either C drive or network, by doubleclicking in WinExplorer, the name of the file is changed by XL adding a 1 to the end of the filename.............then won't "SAVE" back to where I got the file from, wants to "SAVE AS" in MyDocuments with the new filename............. If I open the same files by rightclick-open in WinExplorer they open normally.............if I open XL first, the same files open ok also.......... AutoCAD and WORD files still open ok by double-clicking. This a couple of...

Worksheet properties
Hello, For some strange reason....all new worksheets that I insert into a workbook seem to right-to-left orientation. So the A column is located on the right hand side and the b column is located to the left of the a column. Does anyone know if this is a setting from the menu or an object that needs resetting in vb? thanks,Matt Matt, Look at Tools - Options - International - Default direction. I think this is only for a new workbook. Doesn't change existing ones. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Matt...

Link Rows Between Worksheets
Hi- I am trying to link rows (that are infinitely long in terms of data) between two different worksheets so that I dont have to retype all of the data. (I want them to be active links, so that if the data changes, it will automatically update). Is there a way to do this? (The first worksheet is a master that has a whole lot of information, and I would like the other worksheets to reference rows from the original...) Thank you very very much.. In the other sheets you will have to set then up eg: in sheet2 select the cell you want then type an equals sign = got to master sheet and se...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Carrying From Worksheet to Worksheet
In Excel 2002 (10.4524.4219) SP-2, I have designed a worksheet based on IRS form Schedule D-1 to report capital gains. Because I have more than one sheet in the file, I would like to devise a formula that carries a total from one sheet to the next. Specifically, I would like cell F34 on any given sheet to be a running total of the figures in cells F8 through F31 on that sheet (which is easy enough to accomplish) PLUS (and here's where I'm stuck) the totals of cells F8 through F31 on all the previous sheets (or, the same thing said differently, plus the figure in cell F34 on every previ...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Access 2007 Report Question
We have an a main equipment table that shows multiple pieces if equipment and current location. Is there an easy way to create a summary report which shows the current total for a specific item at a specific location? If you set up a grouping report. It may be necessary to create a grouping/totals query first on the table and use that query to create your report. The report wizard should give you a way to summarize the information with a count. "Rex Mundi" <jimb424@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b1f06b3-dec5-4bb6-a539-59886fc7f140@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Relationship error in a query
Hello Everybody, I have four tables in a databse. Each database has at least one column containing prices of goods & services. However, these columns are not related in anyway (some other colums are). I am trying to summerize these price information in one query where I am trying to list the sum of prices from every table. When I try to do so I am getting an error part of which says: "One or more of the tables isn't related to the others. Click OK to edit system relationships." At least according to the error message (and this would have been my question anyway),...

Can't access
I just bought Windows XP and installed MS OFFICE Student Edition 2003. It doesn't have MS Publisher as part of the program. I really don't need Publisher anymore as I have several other programs that do the same for me, but I had Publisher 98 installed before and I have many files that are saved in Publisher. In spite of having reinstalled my Publisher 98, I can't open any of my files. How can I access my files so that I can save them in another program without having to buy a new version of Publisher I have Corel Word Perfect Office 11 -- Corel Draw 9 & Essentials -- Photo E...

Need query to return absence of record
Hello all, hope everyone is doing well this fine morning! I need some help in constructing a query. I have three tables, designed as so: Personnel FullName(PK) Department Classes ClassName(PK) TrainingHistory *Junc table between Personnel and Classes* FullName(FK) ClassName(FK) DateTaken TrainingHistory records every instance of a class taken by all personnel. I need to be able to find people who HAVE NOT taken a given class. I need to be able to pick what class I search for each time I do the query. For example, I need to know who in the organization has NOT t...

Price level change
hey everyone, Is there anyway i change customer pricelevel in status.html. i know we can do it in POS by selecting discount but i know most of the time my cashiers would forget to do it so i am trying to change it in Status.html. thanks for your help, shoby ...

One query to multiple databases
Hello, I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are not. Several times, every day, I run the same query on each of them, and then I combine all the results I get from each base. Is there anyway that I can do this automatically? Use a UNION query. -- Build a little, test a little. "bvdahl" wrote: > Hello, > > I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc > connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are...

Converting Access 2000 to 97
I'm trying to convert an Access 2000 file into 97 and keep getting an invalid field type error. This is probably a rookie error, but I've looked to a couple of other resources and can't find the answer. Any hints as to where the error is at? Thanks, ew Do you have any Decimal fields in your database? That data type didn't exist in Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003201c48acf$73f33ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying...

CRecordset, ODBC, and Access
I've a table in an Access database with an AutoNumber field. When I add a row to the table through a CRecordset object, I want to know the value of the AutoNumber field. I've read various articles on how this is done, but none of them work. The code basically looks like: //***** CMyRecordset set; CDBVariant bookmark; set.Open(AFX_DB_USE_DEFAULT_TYPE, NULL, CRecordset::useBookmarks); set.AddNew(); set.field1 = 123; set.field2 = 456; .... set.GetBookmark(bookmark); // the value of 'bookmark' at this point is invalid since the recordset has not been updated set.Update(); // t...