Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet

Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART
LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes
on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script,
etc. Any solutions?  There are simply too many charts to open and
change fonts individually.

   -G

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active
workbook:

'=======================
Sub ChangeLegendFont()

Dim chObj As ChartObject
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim ch As Chart
Dim lFont  As Long

lFont = 6 'set the font size

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
     For Each chObj In ws.ChartObjects
         chObj.Chart.Legend.Font.Size = lFont
     Next chObj
Next ws

For Each ch In ThisWorkbook.Charts 'chart sheets
     ch.Legend.Font.Size = lFont
Next ch

End Sub
'================

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I change data in one cell so other copies& vice versa
i have two cells that i want linked.....i know how to link one cell to another but my question is this how do i link cells so that when data is changed in either cell BOTH of the cells change.....example enter data in a1 to make b1 change....how do i make it so i can enter data in b1 to make a1 change....so they both can change each other.. thanx Hi not possible without using VBA 8an event procedure) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sedain wrote: > i have two cells that i want linked.....i know how to link one cell to > another but my question is this how do i link...

Formula in Chart Title
I want a chart title to say: FORCAST THROUGH 26 SEP 05. Where the date is located in cell J1. What would the formula be? Thanks, Phil In another cell, e.g. J2, enter the formula: ="FORECAST THROUGH " & UPPER(TEXT(J1,"dd mmm yy")) Select the chart Type an equal sign, then click on the cell that contains the formula Press the Enter key Move and format the text box that contains the title text. Phil Hageman wrote: > I want a chart title to say: FORCAST THROUGH 26 SEP 05. Where the date is > located in cell J1. What would the formula be? > Thanks, Ph...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook
Hello, I have an Excel Workbook with 6 worksheet containing a variety of charts linked to data sources in different workbooks. I receive the error message "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" when any font changes are attemped in the charts. I have tried the suggestion on the MS knowledge base (uncheck autoscale selection) with no success. I only receive the same error message. I am running Excel 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help provided :-) Could you get by with fewer charts? Split them over multiple workbooks, perhaps, or use dynamic charts ...

paper size problem
Hello, I'm using Excell 2000. My problem is that i want to print on a page which size is like A4 but 5-6 cm longer what can i do? Thanks in advande. -- Hatziyannis Apostolis Orbis S.A. This has nothing to do with Excel, depending on your printer you might be able to customize the size (there should be a format). As I said, contact the support. of printer manufacturer -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Apostolis" <apostolish@orbis.gr> wrote in message news:%23G2sIl6IEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I'm using Excell 2000. > My problem is that i want to...

2 Bars and 2 Y Axis Chart
When I try to create a chart with 2 bars with two different Y axis, Excel stacks the bars. I just want two seperate bars. I change one to a line it works fine. Please Help ... am I missing something? Thanks DG This article might help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DG wrote: > When I try to create a chart with 2 bars with two different Y axis, Excel > stacks the bars. I just want two seperate bars. I change o...

Linking a chart
Can you link a chart on one sheet to the data on another sheet to automatically update the chart when more or new data is added to the data sheet? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Ed -- changetires ------------------------------------------------------------------------ changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=556954 Hi, See Jon's pages for information on both parts of your question. On different sheets http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDif...

Table sizing
I have a table in my panel that is sized to the size of the window with 3 columns (40%, 30% and 30%). As the window is resized the columns resized, which is what I want. But I want to have a minimum size the Table can be shrunk to as all the controls get out of what if I get less that about 800px. Is there there a way to tell the table to resize when the window is greater than 800px and stop when the window gets less than 800px? I realize that the table will then run off the end of the window and would have to scroll left and right but that is fine. At the moment the tab...

Reviewing tracked changes
I have just started working with a shared workbook and want to use the Track Changes feature. Excel Help gives 3 ways of using this - 1. Highlight onscreen, 2. History worksheet or 3. "Review changes Excel can step you through the changes in sequence using a dialog box that lets you decide whether to accept or reject each change. This method is useful when you're evaluating and working with comments from others." This is exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find any way of turning it on! The Reviewing toolbar doesn't appear to help since it deals with all com...

Effect of changing DC bindings in 2003
Is there a possibility of downtime (even very short) if I switch which DC the exch srv is bound to? (Through the "Change Domain Controller" dialog box). Thank You. There will be a small degree of latency (30 seconds maybe) when you flip it over, depending upon your network. It should be impercptible to yoru users though.... "Mark Reitblatt" <Mark Reitblatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10FDBA14-196B-4A1D-B903-68F335FBEE49@microsoft.com... > Is there a possibility of downtime (even very short) if I switch which DC > the > exch srv...

how do i change font kerning
How can I change font kerning in Excel and, more generally, how can I format fonts in Excel, beyond the possibilities offered in Format, Font. ? Specifically, i wish now to right align a single letter in one cell, and in the cell to its right, left align a string of letters. So that the content of the two cells appears to form one single word. I know I can merge the contents of both cells into a word in a third cell, but I am seeking a perhaps simpler way. So... why can't you do what you want by using the alignment tools? When I want something "sweet" looking, then I put ...

goal line in excel chart
How do I add a line that shows the goal to a chart. Hi, Try this example, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy Warren Lehndorfer wrote: > How do I add a line that shows the goal to a chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

change subform programatically
I have a form that currently has 4 subforms. It makes the form way too cluttered. What I would like to do is create one subform and have the data, controls, etc change through code based on which command button is clicked. I know this can be done, but i have no idea where or how to start! Any help is appreciated. Build a new form called "Form Select" or something like that. Make "Form Select your subform on the mainform. Put 4 command buttons on the Form Select form. Make the command buttons open the four forms. Use the wizard to do that for you. The command butto...

10 & 50 Day Moving Average (MA) Reversed on Interactive Stock Chart
The legend for the 10 & 50 Day MA on the chart for a stock (in Portfolio Manager) appears to be reversed. When you select a 10 Day MA, it displays a 50 Day MA line and vice versa. The 200 Day MA seems OK. I'm using MS Money 2005 Standard (Cdn Version) and the About/Chart Control shows 'Version 14.0.0.1105 Canada'. Is this a known problem or do I have a bad installation? Thanks, Joe Trenton, ON Canada jbdoucet@sympatico.ca ...

Is there a limit to the number of points in a chart source data
I'm trying to put in a value range in a chart. The cells are every other cell. When I start selecting the cells I can only click on 10 cells. On number 11 I get a bell sound and the value source data block goes back to displaying only a =. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thx Hi, There is a limit to the number of data points, 32k, but that is not the limit you are hitting. The series formula has a limit. The series formula looks something like this. This is for a chart based on data in B2:B5 with axis labels in A2:A5 and series name in B1. =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$...

Chart Format generated from a Pivot Table Data
After I Format a Chart generated from a Pivot table Data, and I change a selection, for example "Plant".. Al the information on the chart changes, according to the new plant selection, but, why the Chart Type and the format also changes too... I need to keep the same chart type and format to keep reviewing the information for the rest of the plants.... with the same chart type and format. Microsoft admits they goofed that one up: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 They suggest you record a macro, so you can r...

Field Size Dilemma
I have a code below that distributes Invoices to there rightful owners BUT if I have more than 80 Characters in tblOwnerInfo.OwnerAddress which is set to Memo field , The error I get is " The field is to small to accept the amount of data you attempt to add,try inserting and pasting less" then on my debug I am getting the yellow line on this line below , shown by the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Error On Line Below xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Trouble is that it crashes my batch distribute and causes a major problem just because one owner address field has more than 8o Characters Priva...

Format Changes between to computers
I have a spreadsheet that prints as 1 page on one computer. The same spreadsheet emailed to a different computer prints as 2 pages. Both computers are printing to the same printer. When viewing the spreadsheet on the second computer the margins are noticeably different. It's possible to make changes to the margins on the second computer but that isn't very productive. Any ideas for locking in the formatting. TIA -cat Added info - I'm using W2k pro and Office 2000 SP1. Printer is HP4P Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that prints as 1 page on o...

change chart title with auto filter
I would like the title of my chart to change automatically every time I use the autofilter function to make a new selection of data to be displayed in the chart. Can anyone inform me of how to make the chart title change automatically with each new selection? Thanks, aja Hi, See this 'link' (http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html) HTH -- Krishnakumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krishnakumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20138 View this thr...

Magically Changing Links?
This has really stumped me: I have a link I'm sending in an Outlook message, in HTML format. I sent this link to myself to test it, both to my Outlook mailbox, and to my webmail mailbox. The link shows correctly in both emails, but when I click on it in the Outlook message, the link changes in the IE address bar, and the page does not display correctly. When I click on the link from the webmail message, it comes up properly. The link is to a secure address (https://) site, with some variables that fill in a form on that page. It's the variables that are changing: there are two &...

After SP3 install on exchange 2000 the addressbook has changed
I have just made an update (SP3) on a exchange 2000 server. After this update all the zip codes in the addressbook has changed. They normally have a format of 1234 but now the format is DK-1234. The land code has bean included� Why is that, and how can I change it? I know that the users can change all zip codes manually, but there has to be an easier way. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have just made an update (SP3) on a exchange 2000 server. After this >update all the zip codes in the addressbook has changed. They normally >have a format of 1234 but now the ...

DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex vs DataLabel.Text (Private Sub does not work in excel 2003)
Hi, i have sheet's code which works perfecly in Excel 2007, but nothing = happens in excel 2003. No error occurs. what may be the cause? Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()'white label when value =3D NA() With Workbooks("chart").Sheets("tmp").Shapes("Wykres = 1").DrawingObject.Chart For i =3D 1 To 7 .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 0 Next i For i =3D 1 To 7 If .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Text =3D "#N/D!" Then .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 2 En...

Create any size bitmap
Is there an easy way to do this? I want the user to be able to draw in any size bitmap they want. I have looked at CBitmap but can't seem to get it to work. ScottO CBitmap Bmp; Bmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,Width,Height); Ali R. "ScottyO" <ofriels@abc.com> wrote in message news:OkBoGAJpDHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to do this? I want the user to be able to draw in any > size bitmap they want. I have looked at CBitmap but can't seem to get it to > work. > > ScottO > > Ali, That was too easy. I can't belie...

Remove Space on Bar Charts for Missing Data
I am trying to create a bar chart that shows student achievement results across a number of years. For some of the schools, I do not have data in certain years. I do not want the chart to leave a big space for this missing data - I just want it to display the data that I have without leaving this huge gap for the empty cells in the table it is linked to. I tried putting =NA() in the empty cells but the chart is still leaving gaps. Is there any way to have the chart wizard ignore the empty spaces so that it will just display the data that I have? Thanks! EXCEL 2007 I hop...

Pivot Chart issues
PIVOT TABLE Create a pivot table showing the highest and lowest total in �94 by territory.. I have a worksheet set up by east south central west territories. I have a column which has the total sales in 1994.. i however cannot get this pivot chart to work right. can anyone help? -- spezialize ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483340 Send me a copy to rightemboyo@hotmail.com and describ...

Setting Time Format across the domain
Guys, is there anyway to set the time format yyyy/mm/dd across the entire domain? Win2k3sp2 & XPsp3 Hello Nik" nik, Modify your regkeys with a logon script: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International","sLongDate","dd MMMM yyyy","REG_SZ" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International","sShortDate","dd/MM/yyyy","REG_SZ" where you change the combination of d/m/y for your needs. Try it out in a test machine. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS...