Cells with Validation lists attached

How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without
having to select the cell...so that if someone  views the  xls they can tell
which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually
select the individual cells?
0
Mike1154 (1216)
4/5/2006 4:04:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...?
Bob Umlas
excel MVP

> How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it
without
> having to select the cell...so that if someone  views the  xls they can
tell
> which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually
> select the individual cells?

How to populate a value list
I have a field that is a valuelist. I select the value from a list that I typed in. That is fine. But I need to have those value in the order of selection. Ex : I have in the list the value from a to z. I select f, m, a. I want them to show up in that oder. At best I would like to use the same thing as Access when we define a combobox, we have 2 lists : the available field and the selected fields with 4 buttons in the middle. Can that be done ? Thank you -- eric On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:10:01 -0800, ericb <eric@b.com> wrote: >I have a field that is a ...

Copying junk senders list
Hi, In Outlook 2000 and 98, how do you copy a junk senders lists to put on another client account? Thanks ...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Writing programs for the manipulation of data cells?
I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where can I find a list of Excel functions? On 18 Mar, 10:38, "Scott H" <nospam> wrote: > I'm new to Excel and I think I can do this with macros. In that case, where > can I find a list of Excel functions? Have you tried the help? I would also highly recommend Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MainPage.aspx The great thing about Excel is there are so many high quality advice sites that are easily found. ...

Tick boxs on a packing list
I am creating a report that shows products along with a subform showing optional extras for each product. On the subform i have drawn a box so it gives me the options when printed and packing the order to tick them off as boxed. This work fine when i have optional extra but when i have no optional extras in the subform i just end up with a box on the screen which i do not want. How do i set it up so it does not have box when i have no optinal extra So long as there is nothing else in that same horizontal space, you can turn on the CanShrink property and it will disappear when empty. HTH --...

Notes Attachments
Has anyone figured out how to upload or download an attachment from a note via the SDK? The SDK has processes for doing this, but one of the parameters required is the GUID of the attachment. From what I can see, there isn't a way of looking up the GUID from the note. Am I mistaken? ...

attachments not viewable
Hi I have a user on Outlook 2000 under Windows 98 When sending emails with attachments (such as Word Docs), the attachments do not appear in users with Outlook Express - REGARDLESS of whether or not the 'block potentially unsafe' is checked. It also does not appear in out webmail program. The same message and attachments can be viewed OK in Outlook... I am thinking this must be a fault in the sending outllok, but can not see anything differnet. The received message size in recipients OE inbox reflects the fact that an attachment is there... I have attempted to search the KB to no...

undelete or recover a contact or mailing list
It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recover same? Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 psa wrote: > It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in > Outlook > 2003. > > Is there any way to recover same? > > Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 If you make backups, yes. You should back up all your data, including your PST file(s) regularly anyway. That said, perhaps see http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Did you look in your D...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

Item Price Lists
I am looking for a little help trying to work out the item price lists to show in a custom SmartList. My set up GP10 with latest patch Items are set up to use a percentage of list price and I have had to use the rounding screens to get the prices to match what we charge our customers. In the Item Price List card I see the correct price, along with the % being used. When trying to build the Smartlist, I have a calculated field that takes the List price from IV00105 and the discount from the UOMPrice field in IV00108, but I cannot work out how to apply the rounding method from IV00107. An...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

building an external link based on a cell value
I would like to build an external link in a spreadsheet that automatically changes based on a cell value. For example, I have the following link: =SUMIF('[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $14:$14,P5,'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $18:$18) Instead of Mar04 in the formula above, I would like to use a cell's contents.... cell A8 for example. Is this possible? Thanks, Jason Jason You can use the INDIRECT function. =SUMIF(INDIRECT("'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]" & A8 & "'!$14:$14"),P5... Indirect ...

list of 08?
Am trying to find a list of what is different between Money 2006 and 2008? Have searched the web, but only find differences in the various version of Money 2008. Anyone know where I can find them? Also, I use 2006, but not as extensively as I plan to do so with 2008 so I am thinking my upgrade if I go that route should be fine, correct? Is there anything I should be warned about prior to upgrading to 08? Right now, I have both 08 and 06 on my machine although even though I started to open 08, I didn't allow it to do any of the conversion or anything like that as of yet. Thought I s...

Compile error
Hi, My below code has a compile error : Expected: list seperator or ) Pls help solve it. Sub Consolidation() 'Copy to the next line in the target file' Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook Dim first, last As Long 'Open all files in the folder' With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "N:\Tax\FILE1" .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Open each workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i)) 'Identify 1st row...

How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in Outloook?
How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in Outlook? I am in a discussion list for chiropractors and I save all the email messages in a folder in Outlook. I want to extract all the various email addresses from other chiropractors and save the list of email addresses in a word document. Thanks. Grady Add the addresses to your Contacts as you get them. Right click on each address and Add to Contacts. Export to an Excel spreadsheet. "Grady" wrote: > How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in > Outlook? I a...

Linking a cell to a chart title
How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another worksheet? I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes for each sales team. ...

Naming a cell
This was a question given on a Excel test I was given. Rita, To name a cell or range of cells, just select the cell(s) and enter the name in the Name Box, located to the left of the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03cb01c3c630$17c56c50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This was a question given on a Excel test I was given. "Rita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03cb01c3c630$17c56c50$a00128...

userS list
How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? Thanks -- Alberto if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from email address Take a look at the NetUserEnum() & NetUserGetInfo() API's. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eQoyEHgUDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? > > Thanks > > -- > Alberto > > if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from ema...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Display actual contents of cell
In excel I have some very large text entries. When I position on the cell the entire contents of the cell is displayed but the cell itself truncates the text when not positioned on the cell. I have tried sizing the cell to accommodate the text but even thought the cell is bigger and obviously has white space the text is still truncated. I have a word document that references via link some of these cells and the text in the word document is truncatedas well. How can I fix this? Help! Hi Excel has a limit of displaying 1024 characters per cell., To extend this limit enter some manual line...

how to format cells so that it only shows thousands.
howdy, i want to format cells so that number like 1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 how can i do this other than divide by 10. i just want to use the format number feature. thanks kev : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the custom format 0, or use 0,0, >-----Original Message----- >howdy, > > >i want to format cells so that > >number like > >1,234,567 = 1,234 or 1235 > > >how can i do this other than divide by 10. > >i just want to use the format number feature. > > >thanks > >kev :) > > >--- >Mess...

format cells not to except dashes
I am trying to format a range of cells not to except dashes (-) ie. when entering phone numbers 123-123-1234 Format is a display function only, it doesn't affect how entries are parsed (I assume you mean "accept"). You can use validation. Select your range (I'll assume that A1 is the active cell). Choose Data/Validation/Allow:Custom with the formula =ISERR(FIND("-",A1)) In article <6ADB6887-0F6C-4D23-A2D4-CCCFC69CD006@microsoft.com>, "kclover" <kclover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to format a range of cells...

how do I create a random list whilst keeping some entries from randomizing?
I need to create a large number of randomly sorted lists from a single master list (random team order per event based on a list of teams entered for all events). Some of the entries must remain in the same order in each list, but the remaining entries must be shuffled. ie. Teams are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L . CD and HJK must always appear in the same order. Therefore B.CD.ME.HJK.FAGL, AF.HJK.GMLEB.CD, HJK.FL.CD.EBAGM etc are all valid solutions. I can create a fully random list easily, but can't find an easy way to keep the important entries in the same order. Cheer...

Absolute cell reference
I have three worksheets of identical layout (and in the same workbook), the 3rd sheet being the where I aggregate the numbers of the previous two. I am mystified by the fact that the cell in the same position in sheet one is assumed to be a relative reference (e.g., Sheet1!B24) whereas cell B24 in the second sheet is automatically assumed to be an absolute reference (e.g., Sheet2!$B$24. Any ideas why this happens? ...