Cell Value vs Status Box Value

The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g.,
status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas).
Any suggestions/ideas?

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

awarner1 <<awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in

> The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g.,
> status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas).
> Any suggestions/ideas?

What is the number format of the cell?

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please
remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply.

Summing values
Hi, I have several columns of data in the format "nnt" where n= numeric value, t=text. I need to sum up the numeric values, based on the text value. Is there any way I can do this? Thanks for the help. You need to give us more information, is it always 2 digits and one text character or can there be more than one text character? What would the condition be. For a test assume there is always one text character and always at the end 12t 1n 24t 9t 16n assume you want to sum all the numeric values that ends with the text character t =SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(A1:A5)="t"...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

Money 2006 Portfolio two different values for Annualized Return
I have the test drive version of Money 2006. In the portfolio manager, I have the Annualize Return column visible. This provides values for each holding, each account, and the entire portfolio. At the bottom of the portfolio manager, I have selected Annualized Return as one of the three to display. My totals line my portfolio displays an annualized return of 7.5%, on the bottom, it displays 10%. I bounced around changing the bottom line to display values such Cost Basis, Market Value, and Total Returns and these all match the line labeled as Total Portfolio Value ($). I believe t...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

WSDL generates with wrong "minOccurs" values
Using the XSD.exe tool, I created a number of classes from my XSD file. When I generate the WSDL for my web service, the schema does not have the proper Occurance constraints for the attributes. In this example, the MessageID element should always occur (minOccur=1, maxOccur=1), but the WSDL generates minOccur=0. I can't pinpoint why this is happening and I can't find a may to force this in the code either. Anyone have any insight? This is happening with a large number of elements, I just provide one example below. Code of the schema, classes, and WSDL excerpts below. Thanks. //...

Combo box to show selective Records!
I have a table [tblAccountStatus] that has around 6 fields for receiving payments 2 of the fields are [ClientID] (Number) and [ModeOfPayment] (Text) I have created a query using these to fields , made a combo box using this query ,put it on my form and made Control Source [ModeOfPayment] Now what I would like to do is when I enter the ClientID on to my form the query will only show [ModeOfPayment] that has been entered with that [ClientID] Hence when I select Mr Tom Cruise , I will get a selection my from my Combo Box as the names of the checks I have entered under his ClientID Hope this mak...

PO Status
I cannot believe that 'VOID' is not a valid status on a Purchase Order. This makes no sense to me. We have many Voided PO's in our system and we have over 20 locations. We review our smartlist weekly for NEW PO's that have not been completed. However, when we run our smartlist the VOIDED PO's get included. So, we have to filter these out. Why make things more difficult than they need to be? When you void a PO its status should be VOID or Closed not NEW. This is something a first year developer could do. Thanks -- Craig Hi C Dunn I understand what you mean...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

Need help (Average excluding zero values)
This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i need to exclude them if possible =AVERAGE(IF(AA5="L",E$5:E$65)) I have tried several different combinations I can,t get it that includes zero values in the average for me. are they blanks and not zeroes? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29096CBB-3E2A-4828-8A49-6CEB0142D5C4@microsoft.com... > This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i > need to exclude them...

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

Project 2007
One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points during the project (Reoccurring task won't work in this case). Is there a way to copy and paste his extensive note information without having to open the Task Information window each time? Selecting the task row to copy and paste won't bring over the notes. In article <8FB23A12-C779-4370-9749-D9758403B352@microsoft.com>, Mikel Anne <MikelAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points > during the project (...

Contacts Box Greyed out
The box to add contacts to the outlook address book is greyed out. I have changed permissions and still it is greyed out ...

display red value if true?
Let's say that I make a logical test...the test is true and it displays a certain value... Example: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla") (the logical test is "A1>0" and the value if true is "blablabla" My problem is that I need the "blablabla" to appear [Red], but only if the logical test is true. If it's false the color should be "Automatic" or whatever I've selected. Hope someone understands my question, cus I really need a solution... I've tried this, but of course it didn't work: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla";IF(A1>0;[...

On-Click Events and motion tablet signature boxes?
I have a fairly involved form with 54 option frames. Each frame has 4 option buttons (IN, OUT, N/A, N/O). I already have the option frames setup to update their status in a table with numbers (1,2,3,4) and all this is linked to a specific record number that is auto generated. I can create multiple records that retain my choices for all 54 option frames. What I want to do now is create a table with a list of pre-written comments and an event on each option frame so if I select OUT it will select a specific comment for that specific option. I might select OUT on the option ...

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Hiding "FALSE" values
I know how to hide zero values, but can anyone tell me how to "FALSE" values. TIA Zorro Trap the condition that creates it. For instance, in the formula =IF(A1=17,"Yes") will return Yes if A1 is 17, but FALSE otherwise. SO if you use =IF(A1=17,"Yes","") you don't get FALSe. Similarly with other formulae. -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks "Zorro" <zorro@nexia99.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:W9COa.18225$pd.8840@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I know h...

Glue/Lock cells to external data before refresh
I have a spreadsheet with a table of data which has been imported from an Access Database. If new records have been added on the database, then when I refresh the data in Excel it will add these new lines onto the spreadsheet. I need to be able to put certain comments in my spreadsheet against lines of data from the database. However, if new lines are inserted when I refresh the data, the comments can end up being next to the wrong record. Is there any way to keep my lines of comments attached to a particular record of external data, so they will move when the record does? ...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

highlighting text box if...
Is there a way to highlight a text box in a form if say, an expiration date is past due? If so, how? Thanks for the help, Scot -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Never mind... I have tunnel vision right now. I figured it out. Thanks spcscooter wrote: >Is there a way to highlight a text box in a form if say, an expiration date >is past due? If so, how? > >Thanks for the help, > >Scot > -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn...

Locking a Text Box
Hi all, hope someone can help with a text box locking problem. I need to lock a text box on a switchboard so that it can not be deleted by someone else. I am designing a database for a friend's work but want my name and address in a text box as the designer on the switchboard to remain. I know that my friend will make changes and there is little I can do, but I don't want my name and phone number deleted from the switchboard. Is there anything that I can do. Thank you for any help you can give. Maurita Searcy I'm afraid there is no way to allow someone to change some aspects...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...