Cell ID now R1C1, not Cell A1- how do I change back?

I have been using Excel for years and have a basic understanding.  I'
VERY used to identifying cells with a letter and number.  But someon
sent me a spreadsheet that identifies both columns (which used to b
letters) with numbers, as well as the rows!  It's driving me nuts.
can't find the answer anywhere.  How do I change it back?  When tryin
to check my work, I hate counting to see how many rows over and column
up for a cell location.

Thanks in advance

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Tools>Options>General and uncheck R1C1 Style reference

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
0
dave2624 (251)
5/9/2004 1:08:43 AM
Thanks Dave.  I knew it would be an easy answer, just not easy to fin
on Excel help.

Have a good evening- To