cell does not auto-stretch when too much text in one cell

I have text of multiple lines in a cell. It seems after it reaching to
an amount, it stops auto-stretching so I can see all text in the cell.
I have manually drag it down so I can see the complete content. Is
there a way to have it auto-stretched to show all text again?

Thanks for the help,
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use Format/Row/Autofit -- you'll only have to do it once. From then on it
should "auto stretch".

Bob Umlas

"cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have text of multiple lines in a cell. It seems after it reaching to
> an amount, it stops auto-stretching so I can see all text in the cell.
> I have manually drag it down so I can see the complete content. Is
> there a way to have it auto-stretched to show all text again?
>
> Thanks for the help,

0
bobumlas (25)
9/12/2008 6:44:09 PM
On Sep 12, 2:44=A0pm, "Bob Umlas" <bobum...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Use Format/Row/Autofit -- you'll only have to do it once. From then on it
> should "auto stretch".

Thanks for the answer. Autofit makes my adjustments (expand by hand)
text myself. I notice the problem when I copy and paste text from
other documents for spreadsheet generated from web.

any other options?

Thanks,

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

autofit: cell height expands with text entered?
For a form: can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and have the cell depth expand so it fits? does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell to handle the text the user might enter. I can't figure out where to set this... I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to another without luck. Thanks. Sandy Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do). Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Sandy wrote:...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

Auto-numbering of Opportunities
Hello all, I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement auto-numbering on such entities? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje Try this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/13/auto-numbers-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm.aspx Greetings Patrick H "Hrvoje Vrbanc" wrote: > Hello all, > > I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be > auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement > auto-numbering on such entities? > > Tha...

copy date in a cell if within a date range
Column M is a listing of percentages Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell T3 blank Thanks "carrerapaolo" wrote: > Column M is a listing of percentages > > Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. > > I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell > A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the ...

Excel-Multiple Cells Being Hi-lited
Sometimes when I'm setting up a worksheet and I left-click in a cell, multiple cells in the same column are hi-lited. After it happens the first time, it continues as I move through the worksheet, reducing my ability to get work done considerably. After some trial and error, it seems to occur when I've been adding and/or deleting columns and/or rows, after a header has been installed. I can move throughout the worksheet using the arrow keys, but it is a time consuming and cumbersome technique. I think the version I'm using is Office Professional 2007 (file extensi...

User defined functions aware of what cell they are placed in?
Hi, I would like to make a user defined function which needs to know in what cell and what worksheet it is placed in. I will be using this UDF in multiple cells on multiple worksheets. I originally just passed the cell row and column as parameters to the UDF however this ended up updating all worksheets and not just the one the UDF was on. Is there any way to do this? Option Explicit function myfunct(something as somethingelse) as something msgbox application.caller.address & vblf _ & application.caller.parent.name & vblf _ & application.caller.pare...

Text String to Unicode
Hi, How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? Thanks, Guilherme R. Rolim Look at macros A2W etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Guilherme R. Rolim" <grrolim@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OXR7gzxkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode | charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? | | Thanks, | | Guilherme R. Rolim | | | | I'll try to put some more details, mayb...

How do I convert time format to text?
I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3 Thanks....Andrew Hi Andrew- Try the VALUE() fx and format that cell with your choice of Time Formats. HTH |:>) "Andrew" wrote: > I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from > cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value > that is formatted as general text. ...

Go To an address specfied in a cell
Hello Folks, Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of which is specified in another cell? Here is the scenario. I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week on a data entry sheet. I hit a button and the values are copied to a data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5. I reckon I can handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate the correct start cell? I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't work. Data!J29 Wee...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

Script to auto fill Creditor doc # in Auto Invoice
Hi. We are setting up RMS HQ + 42 stores to integrate into GP using Connect Pro which is going great so far. Connect Pro integrates purchases into Shipment only and we then have to Auto Invoice all receipts by supplier to process the roughly 5,500 invoices at store level per month. We can run a macro to populate the creditor doc # at auto invoice stage, but is there any other utility / sql script / vb script available which we can use to bring the PO Title across from RMS tables (RMS po # = Batch ID) without having to manually process 5,500 invoices or use the macro? This would t...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

How do I increase size of text when typing?
I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the print before typing to increase to 150% but cannot find how to do this in the 2003 version. The print on the screen is now about a 10 which is too small for comfort. View | Zoom. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sufimai" <Sufimai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1125090F-6AB0-404F-8B1C-E5EAF06917F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the >p...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Excel 97 Worksheet Protection and cell colour
Hi there, One of our users has setup a worksheet will a small range of cells that are locked (they have formulas in them), he then protects the sheet. He then wants to change the colour of some of the other cells, these cells are not locked, but he cannot change the colour of the cells. Is there an obvious solution? Cheers, Andy Hi AFAIK you can't do this in Excel 97 without first removing the protection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany andy wrote: > Hi there, > > One of our users has setup a worksheet will a small range of cells > that are locked (they h...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Coloring the Desired cells
Hello, I have a work sheet in which i have to look for word "Test" and color the rows below it. There are different words like "Test 1" "Test 2" and each set needs a different color. Can I get some help with the macro for it? eg: Test1 row 1 row 2 Test 2 row 1 row 2 the number of rows in each group is not constanr. Thank you, Harsh Excel will need to know the logic of the rows and colors to be able to determine how many rows to color. You say the number of rows is not constant, but obviously you know how many rows to color. How do you know t...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

two sets of parameters..one query...but how?
I have a query to track when I must renew State Police Clearances AND Child Abuse Clearances. I want to use the "Between [date] and [date]" function on BOTH of the fields in order to bring up BOTH sets of dates for BOTH clearances.The problem I am running into is that when the query results come up, if one date doesn't meet the criteria NONE of the information comes up (even if the other date DOES).Any suggestions!??!?! Thanks in Advance....