Cell Border Line Width

Is it possible to specify the cell border line width using Excel 2002?

The "Border" tab in the "Format Cells" dialog box allows me to choose
predefined line widths but I need a width other than what is offered.
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Adam

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not with the borders property...you are restricted to xlHairline,
xlThin, xlMedium, xlThick".......

You could *possibly* fake it with the AddLines method of the worksheet
but I wouldn't really want to try.....;o)

OJ

0
oferns (25)

how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code
how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code Much better than the 1st post. try this Sub selectyellows() For Each cel In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If cel.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then mystr = mystr & cel.Address & "," End If Next cel mystr = Left(mystr, Len(mystr) - 1) Range(mystr).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "uobt" <uobt@aol.com> wrote in message news:1103129633.880542.286200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > how can i select all the cells with same color on a shee...

blank cells #6
this is a question on fundamentals of excel for e.g. cell A2 is blank. I confirm whether A2 is blank by going to another cell and typing <=isblank(A2)> which gives <true>. But when I go to another cell and click edit-clear-all (to celar any formats etc) and type <=A2> it does NOT give a blank cell but gives <0>(zero). If I copy and paste a blank cell to another cell it gives blank. the above descrepancy gives problem in creating formulas. for e.g. A2 is 2, A3 is blank If I type in some other cell the formula <=IF(A2=2,A3," ")> it gives 0 and not Bl...

Resize cell to fit picture
Previously when I inserted a picture into an Excel cell, the cell would automatically resize to fit the picture. Then I changed the option in Size and Properties to 'Move but don't size with cells' and now the picture just floats above the cell. The problem is I can't change it back to the way it was before. Selecting the option 'Move and resize with cells makes not difference to what happens when pictures are inserted. How do I get the cell to resize to fit the picture when I insert it (as it used to do)? I'm using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows Vista SP2. I...

How to create a report border that changes color w/each new secti
I want to create a report in Access that has a border color change each time the section changes. For example: Green border for all Learning courses Red border for all Technical courses, etc. Any suggestions? The first step is to add a field to your table of courses to store the color. Then add some code in the On Format event of your report section to change the border color of a control. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Felicia" wrote: > I want to create a report in Access that has a border color change each time > the section changes. ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Combining bars and lines in one chart
Hello, I'm trying to combine 4 series of data in one chart. I'm able to have two bars and two lines drawn up. However, I would like to have one bar and three lines presented. How can I do this? Please help and reply directly to me on email: fred.gjoertz@psineteurope.com Thanks, Fred. Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html Fred Gjoertz wrote: > I'm trying to combine 4 series of data in one chart. I'm > able to have two bars and two lines drawn up. However, I > would like to have...

Need formula in Excel to substract cell D from Cell C
Very simple question. I need the formula in Excel to substract cell D from cell C. I have worked with Lotus but not Excel before. Thank you. Louise In cell E1: =C1-D1 Make sure you preface your formula with the "=" sign so that Excel "knows" you're adding a formula, not just text... "Louise" wrote: > Very simple question. I need the formula in Excel to substract cell D from > cell C. I have worked with Lotus but not Excel before. > > Thank you. Louise In the cell you want the result type = then click on cell in C -(minus) cell in D...

can put comment in formula line?
Thanks for any help. I was wondering if I could put a comment in the same line as a formula. Something like: =41500+32000 'this is reserve plus commission or =41500+3200 !this is reserve plus commission or whatever the comment character is, if there is one. Thanks. You can do something like this: =123+456+N("this is a comment") -- Jim "Ian Elliott" <IanElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4EADB53-540A-4698-8D30-4908CD9AB41A@microsoft.com... | Thanks for any help. | I was wondering if I could put a comment in the same line as a formula...

Moving from cell to cell is very slow!!
in a machine with all office updates and xp sp2, when using excell (2000) if you move from cell to cell either to edit data or just to format a group of cells it takes about a minute. even in a new empty excel spread sheet. is there a setting or maybe one of the updates cause the program to do a search or something to delay the switching between cells? any help would be appreciated. "Skoal" <Skoal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1585839-B4AC-4EBB-AA13-222459E306E8@microsoft.com... > in a machine with all office updates and xp sp2, when using excell (...

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

cells not protected
I'm having a little problem with Excel 2002. I have recently seen two unrelated instances (from unrelated users) where a sheet was protected, but I was able to enter values in cells that were locked. I have used Excel in all its versions over a period of 20 years and I haven't seen this happen before. Does anyone know how this is happening? Thanks, Tedr Tedr Excel 2002 is the first version to allow users with permission to edit locked cells. Tools>Protection>"Allow users to edit ranges" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 1 Dec 2004 12:22:31 -0800, padgett.service@sympati...

Referencing cells across sheets

adjust column width
I have a command file that creates a .csv spreadsheet. The information in some of the cells/colums are larger than the column width, so I get #####. I know I can just go up to the format tab and correct things that way, but what I would really like to happen is when I open the spreadsheet, all the columns autofix automatically. Is this possible? There's nothing that you can put in the .csv file that will help excel autofit those columns. The .csv file is just plain old text--it doesn't contain formatting (including columnwidth). If your offending column is C (say), you could ...

How do you keep a comment close to the cell it relates to in Exce.
I added comments to an excel sheet and then added many rows and moved things around. Now my comments are all over the place, I wish to keep them a certain distance in relation to the cell, is there anything I can do. I'm not sure you can control this. But you can move them back to where they belong by using some code at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset EHN wrote: > > I added comments to an excel sheet and then added many rows and moved things > around. Now my comments are all over the place, I wish to keep them a > certain d...

"calculating cells" strangeness
I have a big spreadsheet, but it doesn't include tables, custom formulas, lookups or iterative solver functions, or any such thing. Lots of numbers and formulas and text. Not the sort of spreadsheet where you would need to turn off the automatic recalc. Most of the time, if I enter something and hit the <enter> key, it almost immediately returns control to me after a very fast automatic recalc. (I have a fast machine with lots of memory.) Recently, though, it began doing something strange. I would enter a value, hit <enter>, and it would hesitate. I would get a little "ca...

count amount of cells
Hi, How to count cells that contains formulas but only the ones tha returns a value? I thought I could use function "counta", but that function counts al cells, probably becouse all cells containing formulas. Any ideas? //Thoma -- Jonsso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27661 Hi hope you don't think this is a silly question but what do the cells containing formulas return if n...

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...