Cannot Insert Object

Hi all

I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel
workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error.

Many thanks

Badger

--
BadgerMK
BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Open CRM Object from CRM Task in SFO
Hello Group! I can create a CRM Task in SFO and set a reminder. When the time comes, the task pops up in my outlook reminder window. From there I can open the task and the task is linked to a CRM object using the regarding field (e.g. to an account). Is there anyway to open the object (account) defined in regarding directly from the task? With kind regards Kai ...

Excel 2007 Chart Object Distorts in Publisher when editing
After inserting a chart into publisher using the insert > object > microsoft excel chart the chart looks fine originally. When you double click the chart to edit it it completely disorts creating a huge amount of white space and compressing the chart. While in the edit mode you can select a predefined template design to adjust the chart back but when you exit the chart it never looks the same. Lines are fatter, trendlines shows pixels, etc. Anyone know a solution as these charts need to edited on a monthly basis. Maybe the solution is to edit in Excel and re-inserting. -- Ma...

access denied when domain admin move organizational unit objects
Good Day Urgently need asistance in solving an access denied error when moving organizational unit objects from one OU to another , our active directory is windows 2003 forest with native mode and i am memeber of the domain admin group , i checked the following KB: http://blog.joeware.net/2005/07/17/48/ and the permission are ok Thanks for support and cooperation How are you moving the OU? Are you by any chance doing it from an another system running Vista/Win2k8 with UAC in place? Have you actually checked Effective Permissions? hth Marcin "ahmedgtech" ...

HELP! Extender objects gone after SP4 (10.00.1400)
I upgraded to SP4 10.00.1400 and all my Extender objects dissapeared including Windows, Views, Inquiries, etc. Where did they go? Help! thanks, -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Chicago, IL USA There is a link to a hot topic on the SP4 download page. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/selfsupport/hottopics/HOT_TOPIC_MDGP10_ExtenderSP4Issues -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hector Herrera" wrote: > I upgraded to SP4 10.00.1400 and all my Extender objects dissapeared > including Windows, ...

Inserting Acrobat file in my Word document only inserts the first
In Word 2007, I clicked Insert Object, selected Adobe Acrobat Document, browsed for the document, clicked save, and noticed that only the first page of the Acrobat document gets pasted into my Word file. How can I get all 15 pages in my Word file? Thanks, Rhodesmk In Acrobat, you would separate the pdf into 15 separate files, and in Word you would Insert each one separately. On Dec 4, 11:43=A0am, rhode...@swbell.net <rhodesmkswbell...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Word 2007, I clicked Insert Object, selected Adobe Acrobat Document, > browsed for the d...

.gif not a listed option from insert/movie menu
Hello. When I try to insert a .gif movie though the standard method, .gif is not listed as a possible file extension. It allows for .avi, .mpeg etc but not .gif. Furthermore, when I switch to an allfiles search and try to put it in I get an error message telling me to check the format and extension or some such thing. The documentation makes it clear that in .gif movies should be inserted just like others, but I can't get it to work on the .gifs I've made. Even curiouser, there is a .gif that I pulled off of the web that will insert and play when I add it from the all...

Conditional Image Insert
Help! I am trying to insert an image into a form based on the record identified. There are alot of records, all of which have one of 5 different brands associated with them (this also changes alot). I have a seperate table with the 5 branchs and each corresponding image in bitmap form. When the brand field in my form updates I want the corresponding image to appear. Is it possible to do a Lookup type formula to do this so not to associate an image with each individual record? Hope you can help. Thanks, Jen ...

insert fold lines
I wish to add fold lines in the margin of a letter to help with folding so the address appears in the window of the envelope. See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm#Window_Envelopes, which is concerned mainly with getting the address to print in the proper location to show in the window. While you're following those steps, measure the distances from the top of the paper to the folds. In the Word template, use the line drawing tool to place a line in the margins at those positions. The most precise way to place the line is to insert it close to where it belo...

To set up a command that will insert a row, every fifth row?
Using Excel, how would you set a a command to auto enter a row, every fifth row of your data sheet? shanespop2b, here is some code that will do it, original code by Dave Peterson, modified to your needs Sub Add_Row() 'will add a row after every 5th row 'By: Dave Peterson Dim iCtr As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim myRng As Range With ActiveSheet LastRow = .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row Set myRng = Nothing For iCtr = 5 To LastRow Step 5 If myRng Is Nothing Then Set myRng = .Cells(iCtr, "A") ...

Insert row/column triggers recalculation??
Here is the expected Excel behavior: Insert row/column - no recalculation Insert cell - recalculation Delete cell/row/column - recalculation I have this workbook that inserting a row/column triggers a recalculation of all UDFs. Does anyone know what would cause that? Should deleting a worksheet trigger a recalc?? Thanks. Teresa Hi Teresa, For more insight in the recalculation mechanisms of Excel, visit http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "TY" <tyeung4@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:uZa%239Ga6DHA.2488@TK...

How do I create an original logo WITHOUT design gallery objects ?
I want to create an original logo but do not like any of the existing styles in the design gallery. how do I create a new one? changing the elements in a design gallery object is too restrictive. what format do I open to create such a design? Publisher has an array of auto shapes, a simple logo is best. Experiment with different shapes. A draw program. DrawPlus is free. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "libbybolt" <libbybolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC71CBB0-B2C9-4488-8063-8D3689448DA5@microsoft.com.....

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Excel Inserting "=" when entering date
can anybody tell me when my excel workbook is inserting a "=" when enter a date. instead of just the date. when i enter a normal numbe the "=" is not inserted i think this is a settings problem but i cant see how to change it Simo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Simon! This is a setting that you can deactivate. In Excel, click on the Tools menu, then click on Options, select the Transition tab and unselect "Transition formula entry". Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "simeyg >" <<simeyg.1blf1x@excelforum-no...

when I change page size the object does not resize to fit
when I change page size the basic object does not resize to fit . So I have to drag objects to fit That's correct. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "basu" <basu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C698998-F901-4F44-BD36-312844DC19BB@microsoft.com... > when I change page size the basic object does not resize to fit . > So I have to drag objects to fit This is how it is designed to work. Every program I use works the same way. Mike basu wrote: > when I change page size t...

INSERTED table no holding exact float value
Hi All, I have a table A with a float column and a trigger to write to a log on inserts to table A. I am using the sql INSERTED table to get the value of the float column, and insert it into a varchar column in the log (cant be changed, its generic and used for multiple tables). I am having a weird issue where the value in the log gets rounded to the next integer in the audit table, it inserts correctly on Table A though. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? If not, what am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Ben *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.co...

Insert extra columns
Is there any way that one can insert extra columns in Excel? I need about 500 columns whereas Excel only has 255. Hi No, that is absolutely impossible. Quattro Pro from http://www.corel.com/ is the only "bigger" spreadsheet I know of. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please "Alan" <aitm@sun.ac.za> skrev i melding news:147d01c383f5$dd32dc70$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way that one can insert extra columns in > Excel? I need about 500 columns whereas Excel only has > 255. Hi Alan, You cannot exceed 255 columns th...

Import Data: on insert, shift data down and not right
Hi, I'm importing data from an external source (notes database). The data is being put in between different rows which have existing data. The problem I'm stuck with is that on the insert of the data, I would like an existing data to moved downwards but instead it's being moved to the right. I.e. the colums are shifting right whereas I would like the rows to be moved down. Can anyone please help with this. Thanks Lena It's not clear how you're doing this "insert" of data. Importing data typically brings it in as a block, either in a new workbook or in a...

Outlook clipboard object
Hi, I have searched all over for an answer to this. I want to save or read the Outlook clipboard object. Meaning if you copy mail items to the clipboard and want to paste them. If you paste the mail items in Windows Explorer they are saved as files, and that could be good enough for me if I find a way to save them. I have examined the clipboard data, but I dont figure it out. Have no problems with other clipboard data. I'm programming in VB6, and using API is no problem. David Don't forget the clipboard can (and does) store the same data in several formats at once, you wi...

clip art inserted into business card prints solid black box
I have entered clip art into a business card, it shows up fine on "Print Preview" but when it actually prints, it is a solid black box. What format is the image? High-resolution pictures can cause this especially if they are a 48 bit tiff. Import the clipart into an editing program and change the image resolution. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Mendy" <Mendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54608BE3-54BC-4D0...

Vlookup: Have problem. Not taking the object that i search...
Hi. I have part codes in my A column. For example 10 parts in first column. And i have all part codes in column D and have all prices for all codes in column E I want to take the prices for that 10 parts and so use the vlookup. But the codes are not in same style. I mean in A they are as; 2G15 2144 2111 2G15 2144 2111 In first code, there is only one spece and in second there are 2. My first question; TRIM is used to clear the speces in front and back of of the sentence. I want to clear all spaces in the column (not with find and replace :)) So how can i? And i have the main...

Ole Object visible if... 03-16-10
Is it possible to insert an invisible ole object under an ole object an make it visible only if the main ole object has nothing to show. For example, I have a chart on my report and sometimes that chart has nothing to show. I would like to insert a picture instead whenever this happens (just like we use the invisible text instead of no data on reports). Any help is appreciated. ...

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, In the code below, I am getting an error on the following line: ElseIf ireply = vbNo And ActiveWorkbook = filename Then Sub FN_CreateDOHVSRBatch() Dim filename As String Dim ireply As Integer Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook filename = Worksheets("Amtreference").Range("A2").Text Batchprompt: ireply = MsgBox(Prompt:="Do you wish to create a new batch?", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo, Title:="Create New Service Request Batch") If ireply = vbYes Then ...

Object library not registered
When I open a document in Excel (2002 on Windows XP) I get: Microsoft visual basic Object library not registered What does this mean, and how can I fix it? Thanks Carol ...