Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000

    I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created
in SQL 2000 AS SP 3.  The user does have permissions to browse to the cube.
Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the
OLAP 8.0 provider.  I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip,
I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD
\msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe).  I can connect to the cube from his
computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that
cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries.  Any suggestions?

Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com

Please remove "noreply" before replying.

This posting is provided "as is" with
no warranties and confers no rights.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ask your database administrator to look at the record locking on the cube,
or use a read-only connection.

MH

"Andy S." <andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>    I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created
> in SQL 2000 AS SP 3.  The user does have permissions to browse to the
> cube. Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I
> have the OLAP 8.0 provider.  I tried all the Office updates, and per a
> newsgropu tip, I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD
> \msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe).  I can connect to the cube from his
> computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that
> cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries.  Any suggestions?

> Andy S.
> MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
> andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com
>
> Please remove "noreply" before replying.
>
> This posting is provided "as is" with
> no warranties and confers no rights.

noway9733 (9)