Cancel 'copy' causes long delay after installing KB905756 from MS06-012

If you select a range of cells and COPY, then cancel the copy by pressing
ESC, there is a long (10+ second) delay while it clears the copy selection.
I'm aware this isn't a major issue, but it is very annoying.  I'm interested
if anyone else is seeing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-012.mspx

Paul Schwartz

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I have seen some similar delays in the Outlook patch that came out in
the same batch. Strangely only on a few PCs though

Did you have any luck fixing this?

How to copy the current company setting to a new company?
Hello, I am trying to creat a second company into GP7.5, and I have a problem now. Finance department hopes I could copy the setting from the first one to the new one, since all the setup was manually done before, and it was real time-cosuming. So if anyone knows how to achieve it, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Zach You can dts all of the Financial setup tables from the existing company to the new one. Customer source should have a tk with all of the tables that need to be copied. "Zach" wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to creat a second company into G...

KB978207 won't install, yep I searched
I cannot get the Cumulative security update for IE8 x64 to install. In fact, I've been having lots of trouble installing updates lately, having to try several times to get one or two to install properly. Is this a symptom of something? I'm running WinXP x64 "Version 2003" SP2. I recently updated to IE8 to try and resolve this issue, but it didn't work. Any advice appreciated. error code was 0x80246002 -- Thanks, Hoyt (Used to be a Biologist) Hello Hoyt, 0x80246002 WU_E_DM_INCORRECTFILEHASH A download manager operation could not be completed beca...

What "converter" to copy Word to Publisher?
My dad's tryign to copy a Word file into Publisher, but he's getting an error saying he needs a "converter" Anyone know what t his is,and where to get it? (if it's a download, EXACTLY what is it called? thx! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dgrrr <rewtheworld@msn.com>... > My dad's tryign to copy a Word file into Publisher, but > he's getting an error saying he needs a "converter" What version of Publisher, Word, and Windows is he using? What steps is he taking to try and put the Word file into...

Objects copied when resizing/moving multiple objects
When I try to resize or move multiple objects in a powerpoint file, the objects are all copied. What is causing this, and how can I stop it? I use Powerpoint 2003 on a computer with Windows Vista. See if this helps: Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "quietchick" <quietchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F9A07E-525E-4F8E-98C5-9A83C5B0443A@microsoft.com... > When I try to ...

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ? On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the be...

Problem Installing XP after Ubuntu install
So I got a laptop with windows 7, cleared the whole drive out, and installed Ubuntu 9.1 on it. Now I am selling the computer, but the person who wants the computer doesn't want Ubuntu they want Windows XP. So I have an extra copy of windows xp install disk, and I cleared out ubuntu, reformatted the hard drive to NTFS using a bootable drive formatting program. Then I inserted the windows xp disk, figuring it would be as always, a painless process. The disk goes into the blue screen, starts to load up the installer, but doesnt get to any point in which I can make any choices,...

Clip art after upgrade install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I upgraded to Office 2008 from '04, did I lose the clip art I've downloaded over the years that was on my computer prior to the upgrade install? Never mind: I found the previous copy in the trash and was able to retrieve the clipart. Cheers.... ...

Can I view an excell document without excell (not installed wit. #2
can I view an excell document without excell as it is not supplied with the XP home addition. ???????? Good evening You certainly can. Go here : http://tinyurl.com/5az9k for Excel Viewer 2003. HTH -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346054 ...

Provide Complete/Cancel Activity button on More Actions menu
It would be very helpful to complete or cancel multiple activity records at once, rather than the current process of opening individual items and then closing them as either completed or cancelled. This is a big limitation, particularly with workflow-generated activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Preventing copy
How do I prevent cells in a worksheet or the worksheet itself from being copied to another workbook? ...

Filegroup restore used to refresh database copy
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence uses the last full, last diff', and tlog from TestDB1 but this doesn't work? Why? Is there a way to do this ? Thx. -CqlBoy What do you mean by doesn't work? Are you getting an error or different results than you expected. Please provide more detai...

Re: Copy is criteria met
Sub GETDATA() With Sheet2.Range("a1:a200") Set c = .Find(What:="FILE ID #", LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=True) r = 2 If Not c Is Nothing Then firstAddress = c.Address Do 'MsgBox c.Row With Sheet3 .Cells(r, 4) = c.Offset(10) .Cells(r, 5) = c End With Set c = .FindNext(c) r = r + 1 Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address <> firstAddress End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett...

Trying to load Dynamics GP. Does not Install. MSDE file not found
Hi, I am trying to load a 90 day evaluation copy of Dynamics GP. right at the begining of instalation a dialog box appears and sys: "The system can not find the file specified." and in the back ground it seems like the file MSDE is the file. What do I do now to install? Any hep is appriciated. ...

Enumerate all printers installed at computer startup (With Startup GPO)
I add printers the following way so that all users have the printer available: oShell.Run("rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /q /n\\server \share", 0, True) I was able to enumerate all computer installed using the following code with either XP or 2003: Set oPrinters = oNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections But with Windows 7 this method returns 0. I also tried this: Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts: {impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2") Set colInstalledPrinters = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Printer") But this...

DPM 2007 Agent installation on DC Error 270
Hi I'm starting to get insance cause of this. It's the first time I'm working with DPM. I had some problems before with it (Installing it on 2008 R2), an other little things which I could work out over the time. But now I'm stuck. I tried to Install the agent on both of our DCs, both time the integration into the DPM Server failed. I dont remember the error I got on the win2003 DC, right now I'm trying it on the 2008 DC. I uninstalled it, installed it again, same as before. No firewall active on the DPM-Server or the DC. I added the DPM-Server account to t...

Linking many EXCEL tables into a long WORD document
Would anyone have direct experience with linking lots of Excel tables into complicated Word reports - say 100 tables into a 100 page document? I tried this years ago shortly after OLE came out, but the document's links got confused, with Excel occasionally getting confused about which worksheet tab and range belonged in which Word table. This was not a case of my error, nor of corrupted files due to crashes, but was confirmed as a problem with Excel by a person knowledgable of its codes and bugs back then. Needless to say, I stopped aiming at having these live links in my docum...

leave a copy on my isp server
i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails. On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:34:05 -0700, Atif <Atif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in >local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails. Use POPCON or POPBeamer which are very cheap, non Microsoft, POP3 Connectors. The once included with SBS is no good beyond very basic operation. ...

Copying Addresses from the To: line
When I type addresses into the TO: line, some appear like this: john doe <john...@johndoe.com> and some appear like this: jan doe (jane...@janedoe.com) In my contacts list, the information is identically formatted for each person. "File as" doe, john and "Display as" is (john...@johndoe.com) I posted this message in May and didn't receive any answers, so I'm trying again. I use Outlook 2003 When I address a message to someone in my contacts list, sometimes the address appears in the TO: line within these brackets: < > and sometimes within these b...

links from excel take a long time
I have a large word document with many links to EXCEL. If I make a change to the EXCEL document, it takes 5 to 10 minutes before I can work on the word document. How can I prevent this from happening? ...

How can I time long running queries?
Hello all, Is it possible to time long running select queries? I was looking at creating some code to do this....something like: 1. Store current time in a time variable 2. Try to programmatically open a query ("open" meaning just like manually opening a select query from MS Access to view data) using "Application.CurrentDb.QueryDefs("Query3").OpenRecordset dbOpenTable". 3. Check the current time and compare it to the start time saved at the beginning But, I get "Run-time error '3219': Invalid operation." when I run "...OpenRecord...

Mass Modify Copy and Account Description
When attempting to copy accounts through mass modify we do not get the account description to copy over - just dashes appear. Any help appreciated. Thanks Nevermind - figured it out. "wendileigh" wrote: > When attempting to copy accounts through mass modify we do not get the > account description to copy over - just dashes appear. Any help appreciated. > Thanks If you have GP set to automatically create account descriptions based on the segments, this applies to mass modify as well. (See here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2006/11/weekly-dynamic- account-descript...

Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?
Would like to create multiple combo boxes by copying and pasting a cell containing a combo box but would like for the cell link for each combo box to be a relative cell reference so that the cell link is different for each combo box. Have tried changing the cell link to a relative reference before copying, but has no effect. The code would depend on what kind of combobox you used. Did you use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a DropDown from the Forms toolbar? And a couple of alternatives. Maybe data|validation. It kind of looks the same. http://www.contextures.com/xlDat...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

Long Run Times Importing XML Files
When importing a large number of XML files (typically 10,000+) using a predefined schema, EXCEL 2007spends CPU-hours doing God-only-knows-what before it actually starts to read the XML files from disk. (This occurs on Intel-based systems running Q9650's at 3GHz.) Win/XP's Task Manager shows not a single I/O read nor write operation going on for the several hours after you click on OK in the XML file selection dialog. Once it actually starts importing the data (ref. "Importing" message in status bar) the operation proceeds very quickly to completion. Any ideas what it'...

Outlook 2002 sends two copies.
I have a customer that has Outlook 2002 SP3 that sends to copies of each email. I and the ISP has tried to stop this but have not. Can anyone help, please? (No worms or viruses are present.) Mike ...