Can you insert a drawing INTO a cell?

I would like to insert a drawing (BMP) into a cell. I would like to be able
to fill it DOWN and ACROSS and resize it.
Is this possible?

TIA
Mc

0
Mctabish
11/10/2004 5:33:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible. Objects just 'float' over the cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mctabish johnsonclan.net>" <mc@ <nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I would like to insert a drawing (BMP) into a cell. I would like to
be able
> to fill it DOWN and ACROSS and resize it.
> Is this possible?
>
> TIA
> Mc

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/10/2004 5:46:45 PM
Might I suggest creating a table in word, inserting the graphic in
cell in that table, finish the rest of the table in Excel and paste i
over into Word

--
carg
carg1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527

Carg1,

When I make a table in Word, and insert clip art, or an image, it puts it in
as inline text.  But when the word table is pasted into Excel, the image
pastes in front of the cells, and appears to be the same as if it had been
inserted into Excel in the normal way.  The graphic floats over the cells,
as usual for Excel, and isn't bounded by the cell. Excel doesn't, to my
knowledge, have inline text, as does Word.

It's possible to size the graphic so it fits entirely in the cell.  Then
when the cell is copied, moved, sorted, etc, the graphic will go with the
cell.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"carg1" <carg1.1fipry@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Might I suggest creating a table in word, inserting the graphic in a
> cell in that table, finish the rest of the table in Excel and paste it
> over into Word?
>

> --
> carg1
> carg1's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15271
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277089

0
nothanks4548 (968)
11/11/2004 3:59:10 AM
I'm no wizard but maybe this helps:

Right-click the pic / Format Picture / Properties / Move and Size with cells

Regards,
Bart Snel

"Mctabish johnsonclan.net>" <mc@ <nospam> schreef in bericht
>I would like to insert a drawing (BMP) into a cell. I would like to be able
>to fill it DOWN and ACROSS and resize it.
> Is this possible?
>
> TIA
> Mc

0
info834 (23)

I want to be able to scroll smoothly rather than one cell at a ti.
I want to be able to view my Excel file a certain way, but when I use the scrollbar, it only lets me scroll based on the widths of the cells. I want to be able to scroll smoothly. I want to be able to view partial cells, without being forced to view the entire cell. If i want to have some border cells surrounding the information of interest, it doesn;t let me partially exclude them from view. Please fix this so that I can view my files the way I want to view them. I can scroll "smoothly" ... using my mouse! *Clicking* the scroll wheel brings up a 4 headed arrow "thi...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?
I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document? Hello You may consider using some VBA to achieve this. One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer in the PrintOut method, eg: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:" End Sub Pl...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Fill other cells based on cell selected
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C79C40.C0C75F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I have other cells fill in with data from another worksheet = based on the cell that I select in the active worksheet? i.e. I have a list of names in column B when I select a cell containing = a name I would like that persons phone # and other info to appear in = other cells. As I scroll down the phone # and other info would change = according to the name in the active cell. The phone # and oth...

Inserting formulas with PL/SQL
I'm not familiar with PL/SQL, but my friend is using it to place data into an Excel spreadsheet. She can place strings into the spreadsheet, but cannot figure out how to put in formulas. Specifically, she is trying to place web links into a column of cells. She is able to put in 'http://www...' as a string, but then cannot link from the cell. I suggested using Excel's hyperlink function, but again it ends up as a string, not a function. .... .... owa_util.mime_header(ccontent_type =>'application/vnd.ms-excel'); htp.p('ID;ORACLE'); htp.p('...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

ScreenUpdating just a range of cells instead of entire worksheet
I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was wondering if it is possible to do screenupdating only to a certain section of the spreadsheet to show the progress of the calculations? thx No, screen updating is an application-wide setting, all or nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <scottzuehl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140292494.504056.216680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was >wondering if > it is possible to do screenupdati...

publication designs in publisher
i am trying to create a flyer in publisher. basically, i have about 7 or 8 different sheets, all with the same content, but i want to have a different publication design for each one, so i can show my boss variations. however, when i try to change the publication design on say, page 3, it changes it on page 1. i can't seem to have 7 or 8 different sheets, all with different publication designs. is this because it sees all these sheets as one publication rather than 7 or 8? any help would be much appreciated. thank you! Read the HELP file how to turn off the Synchronisation. -- ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Need to merge multiple records in to one.. Can it be done?
I have a table with thousands of records containing a clients name in one field, a date in a second field and then a note in a third field. A new record is created each time a note was entered for that client. Example: Client A 01/01/01 First Note Client A 01/05/01 Second Note Client A 02/10/01 Third Note Client B 01/01/01 First Note What I need to do is convert this information so each client only has one record and in that record are all of their notes and the dates for those notes. The data is going to be imported in a new program so it must be in the new format. Can someone ...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

how can i start using excel for the first time?
i cant figure out how to get excel to work for me and im a first time user of it? i Cant get nothing to work on it? can anyone please help me here Paul Can you get Excel to start up? Can you get a blank workbook to open via File>New? For basics on Excel see.......... http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Microsoft Training Courses. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061831141033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:02 -0800, "Paul Scheffer" <Paul Scheffer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i ...

Can't open attachments in Outlook Express
I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the name of the attachment is shown. I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? Or is this a setting problem? I need some help ASAP as I have students who are depending on me for some answers Thank you very much Tim wrote: > I can't open attachments. I get the message; OE removed > access to the following attachments iin your mail: ( the > name of the attachment is shown. > > I sthis a virus thing. I have Norton Antivirus installed? > Or ...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

Preprend Text Where Cell Not Empty
Good evening I have a spreadsheet used as a data source for a Word mail merge. The address data has "address1", "address2", etc. Address2 is used store apartment or unit numbers, but does not have a text prefix, just the bare number (Ex. "104"). I want to prepend a "#" before the apartment number (Ex. "# 104"). I generally get the concept that I want to the select the entire column to as a range, and increment down the column. However, if the cell is empty (as would be the case for a house), then we want to skip the cell w...

Removing empty cells in column groups
Hi All, I'm creating a report with row and column groups. But the columns groups are displaying values in sperate rows instead on the same row leaving empty cells. I need to remove those cells and get the column gropu values in a same row. Please refer to this image http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7139/23561415.png Hi What dataset query do you have? I think SELECT MAX(CASE WHEN .... ) should solve the problem "Supun" <Supun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F842A7A9-7975-438E-B2E5-40C72166DF63@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > ...

Counting Blank Cells in Pivot Table
How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts everything that had data (A, B, C, D, etc...) but does not count the blank cells. Thank you, Jack As answered in microsoft.public.excel.charting: To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Jack wrote: > How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well > as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts > everythi...

how can I keep top-level windows in their relative z-order
A top level window will come to the top of the z-order (here I am assuming no always-on-top windows) when activated, say by clicking on it. But the owner of a top-level window will never be brought above its owned windows. Does anyone know of a simple way to prevent the top-level windows of an application from changing their z-order when activated? Why do I want to do this? I have an application that allows transparent Flash controls. As you know, transparent Flash control must be housed in a top-level window (Actually, they must be housed in a WS_EX_LAYERED window and a WS_EX_LAYERED...

Changing the color of Cell Selection?
I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer contrast settings does not help. Hi, Have a look at Chip Pearson's Rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Mike "ks" wrote: > I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell > selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer > contrast settings does not help. This may be of some help. Copy and paste in the sheet module. Now wheneve...

How to enter a colour in a cell & not data ?
I have a sheet where i have a combo box function on various cells. In these cells there values, 60, 601. These represent in house functions. I want to input this data into another part of the sheet 601=red 61=blue and so on 62 620 621 622 Within the combo box i want the data as well as its colour but i only want the colour to used elsewhere on the sheet. ...

Formula cells needs to display "zero"
How do i get a cell with a formula in it to display a zero until a figure is typed into a corresponding cell? All productive help is greatly appreciated. -- thank you Assuming your formula is SUM(B1:B20), try: =IF(A1="",0,SUM(B1:B20)) Regards, KL "hello" <hello@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6716AFD9-2CE5-4E56-9863-45760F652082@microsoft.com... > How do i get a cell with a formula in it to display a zero until a figure > is > typed into a corresponding cell? > All productive help is greatly appreciated. > -- > thank you ...