Can VLookup pull text format from data

Hello,

I have a few VLOOKUP formulas that are pulling comments from a
previous spreadsheet.  The comments have different text colors that
I'd like to replicate on this new spreadsheet. As it stands now the
VLOOKUP only brings over the comments in plan text.

Is there any way to bring over the text color as well?  Maybe with
conditional formatting?

Thanks,

Dza
0
dvpetta (9)
12/20/2010 5:26:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Formulas bring back values -- not formatting.

If you're using conditional formatting at the source cell, then you could use
the same rules in the destination.

If you're not using conditional formatting at the source cell, then you could
assign the rules you want in the destination cell.  But depending on the version
of excel you're using, you may not have enough rules for all the formatting you
want.

--
Dave Peterson
0

conditional formatting sort

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Vlookup #65
Why is it that often this formula doesn't work? Do I need to clean up cells, or do they need to be in the same format? :confused -- Fran ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Frank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=46 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49784 It would help if you could advise the syntax of the formula you are trying to use and what you mean by 'it doesn't work', i.e. is it returning #N/A or is it returning the wrong result? In the meantime, have...

vlookup #19
I have a workbook with 3 pages. One is a form, one is a job list, and the last one is a vendor list. On the form, I have two cells I fill with vendor # & job # information, which I want to fill in below in other cells of the form. I can get one of the vlookup formulas to work, the other one comes back with either the wrong job location or #N/A. My formula looks like this: =VLOOKUP(L1,'Job List'!$A$1:$AY$9999,2,FALSE). My job list and vendor lists are simply two columns each; identifying number in column A, and Vendor name/Job location in Column B. Help? U�ytkownik "HR&...

data sort

Pulling data from separate tabs

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

predict future data

Formula for cross tab data filling

number format with leading 0

Help with importing data

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...