Can't right-click in excel

I have a user that showed me the most interesting issue.  She is unable
to right-click while using Excel.

In any other program or even on the desktop she can righ-click and
bring up the appropriate right-click menu.  But in excel this does not
work.

is there a setting in Excel that might be causing this problem?

--
macquarl
macquarl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26388

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Macquarl,
Try this command in the Intermediate Window (Ctrl+G)  in your Excel VBE
  Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

More information on RightClick in Excel:
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm#problems

Also see:
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#problems.htm
---
HTH,

"macquarl" <macquarl.1vfdab_1126829105.1546@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have a user that showed me the most interesting issue.  She is unable
> to right-click while using Excel.
>
> In any other program or even on the desktop she can righ-click and
> bring up the appropriate right-click menu.  But in excel this does not
> work.
>
> is there a setting in Excel that might be causing this problem?
>

> --
> macquarl
> macquarl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26388
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468070

Right Click to Autofill cells in 2003
Hello All, In 97 to 2002 it was possible to right click when using Autofill to copy the cells down rather than continuing the sequence. in 2003 i just get a pretty red line (what purpose does this serve?). Does anyone know if I can get back the old functionality? Many thanks, Danny I have that functionality in Excel 2003 as well, maybe you have installed an add-in? In any case if you hold down ctrl while using the left click copy down it will also copy as opposed to fill a series Regards, peo sjoblom "DannyJ" wrote: > Hello All, > > In 97 to 2002 it was possi...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

Diable excel macro for DATES
Hi, everytime i copy and paste from a website in this format XX/YY excel sees it as a DATE. how can i disable this feature..I just want t paste it as its raw form of XX/YY. When i cut and paste it in my exce and try to change the format by using TExt. it comes up with rubbis numbers. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try formatting, as text, before you import -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "evo >" <<evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > everytime i copy ...

Reading Excel Checkboxes in Access
Hi All I created a spreadsheet with checkboxes (controls) on it for reporting purposes. I now need to import the data contained on the spreadsheets into Access. The data is not laid out in neat columns or rows, it was formated to be a stand alone report originally. My problem is not in reading cells within the spreadsheet, I'm able to do that. My issue is that I can't tell if a checkbox is checked or not. What I've done: If I execute the following code in Excel I return a boolean partAM = CheckBox15.Value I return true or false Here is my access code: Set xlapp = New Excel....

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

Why does my excel chart appear in gray when I copy it?
I want to copy an excel chart into powerpoint. It is a simple column chart. However the columns contain a color gradient. When I copy the chart to the clipoard, the columns turn into gray. This problem however does not occur on other computers using the same excel version (2003). Hi batman, There are about 30 ways to copy and paste charts from Excel into PowerPoint. The problem you are describing is not one I have heard of - namely that it works on one machine but not another. However, you could try a different method of copying. For example - you can use the Camera tool to copy a ...

how to prompt user to click on cell for starting import position
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3503B.424EF830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How would this be changed so that when the macro is run, it prompts the = user to click on the cell to start copying in the data? Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=3DRange("A1"), = DataType:=3DxlFixedWidth, _ FieldInfo:=3DArray(Array(0, 1), Array(41, 1), Array(82, 1), = Array(90, 1), Array(131, 1), _ Array(143, 1), Array(169, 1), Array(191, 1), Array(203, 1), = Array(216...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Changing Quickbooks to Excel
Hey, I'm trying to get my QuickBooks Check Registry into a linear format, then put it on a disk, go to another computer and open it in Excel. Can anyone give me a link or a quick walkthrough on what I need to do, any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- mattsides ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mattsides's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385419 "mattsides" <mattsides.1rtnv9_1120777541.6085@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Import Data into Excel from USNB Device
I need help :- I have purchased a couple of these devices: (USB Pen Drive for Reading RFID tags) http://www.rfidshop.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=1120 XP Home 97 Excel I want to import info into Excel via the USB RFID reading device (via Human Interface Device). Using one device works fine and places info in Excel at the active cell. Using two devices both readings go in same column again in the active cell. However I want to be able to recognise indivdually 2 or more USB ports? and then tell Excel in which column each devices info is to go. How do I get to ...