can't move workbook down

The top of my workbook (with the title bar)is hidden underneath the top
of the "excel" window. I tried using Alt+ space to bring up the move
dialogue box, but that only will move the excel window, leaving the
title bar of the workbook still unaccessable.
Is there any way to move the workbook window w/o the mouse?
thanks.

0
scatman (3)
6/14/2005 2:22:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

what happens if you do windows ?arrange

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"JayD" <scatman@jazzy.org> wrote in message
> The top of my workbook (with the title bar)is hidden underneath the top
> of the "excel" window. I tried using Alt+ space to bring up the move
> dialogue box, but that only will move the excel window, leaving the
> title bar of the workbook still unaccessable.
> Is there any way to move the workbook window w/o the mouse?
> thanks.

0
terre081 (3244)
6/14/2005 2:26:08 PM
OK... that did it. Thanks (wasn't familiar with that one)

0
scatman (3)

Unprotecting Worksheets in Shared Workbooks with Macros
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet which has many worksheets and macros. In general, the spreadsheet is protected. However, in the spreadsheet there are macros that unprotect worksheets do tasks then reprotect. I want to make it a shared workbook. However, there seems to be a problem with the protection which i something to do with the fact it is a shared workbook. Basically, i ge a message saying "unprotect method of worksheet class failed". What are the particulars of this and is there a way round it? Please help. DF -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at exc...

When Moving Mailboxes...
Are you able to access mail during the move? We have a mailbox that could take up to 8 hours to move over the WAN, wondering if the user is not able to send or receive email during the move? On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:21:02 -0700, HenryG <HenryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are you able to access mail during the move? We have a mailbox that could >take up to 8 hours to move over the WAN, wondering if the user is not able to >send or receive email during the move? Nope. The mailbox will be inaccessible. Mail destined for it will queue. The mail will queue to be deli...

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

move office from an old laptop to a new laptop
I have an old laptop that is dying. I bought a new laptop and want to move Office from the old unit to the new one. The version of Office on the old laptop is one I purchased (didn't come with the computer). Please advise on how to move the software. I think I can get the product key from the old computer but can't locate the original software cds. Thanks Without cds, you're out of luck. Start here: How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 "Rob DeBruin" <Rob DeBruin@discussions....

Moving .pst from one drive to another in Outlook 2003
Is it possible for me to move my .pst file from my C: drive to my E: drive (Outlook 2003 only) ? I've found knowledgebase articles that apply to Outlook 2002 and 2007, but those processes don't work. I get hung up when I try to delete the old one and it tells me to go to Tools/Options e-mail account to change the default location of delivered mail. I can't find any place to do that. If you have the process for Outlook 2003 (or a KB article), I'd appreciate it. TIA ... GPC "Gregg Cattanach" <rl3166pls@excite.com> wrote in message news:%23usD2pp%23...

Moving Exchange servers
Hello I have to move exchange 5.5 from one server to another. The problem is that this two servers have another organisation structure, so simple moving edb files is not possible. I need move users (but this I can do it by use .cvs file created by directory import-export from Exchange Admin menu). Main problem is moving users mailboxes and mail rules between servers. I have used exmerge but it makes problem this nature that default folders name (Inbox, Sent Items) looks like : - if on new server someone have been logged on (before using exmerge) its account evth is ok. (folder structure is cr...

command button moves
I've added a command button on my spreadsheet to print an area of the sheet. Now I'm trying to move the button to a different spot on the worksheet. I can move the button and save the sheet but when I print the sheet the button moves back to it's original location. How do keep the button from moving back? Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Stuart" <stuspam@wat.midco.net> wrote in messa...

Problems opening a Workbook created by Excel 2002
hi everyone can someone explain to me why i have problems opening an excel workboo created in excel 2002 with excel 2003? aren't the latest version b able to open files created by any lower version? also, i aske previously can i have 2 version of excel running and a kind sou answered my question but i already have my 2003 installed an running... how can i install the 2002 now? does that i have t uninstall 2003 first, then install 2002, then 2003...? because the sol given to me was to install them in chronological order... is there an other way out because by uninstalling 2003 first, i wou...

Click a hyperlink to a Microsoft Excel workbook
When you click a hyperlink to a Microsoft Excel workbook, you may receive the following error message '\\Server' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. Excel 2003 I referenced the following articles but these articles didn't solve the issu.Also these articles for office 2000 but mine is 2003 office http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299965 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299965 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326039 -- Thank You Sinan UYGUN ...

How to transfer a worksheet into a new workbook and keep the formulas intact
I am attempting to build a routine for placing an existing worksheet into a new workbook. However, i want the formulas in the existing worksheet to be changed so that they reference the formulas in the new workbook in which I am placing the worksheet. Is there a best (i.e., most efficient) method for ensuring that all of the links in the worksheet can be changed to refer to the new workbook in which i am placing the worksheet. Will "Edit Links" somehow allow me to change references within a particular sheet so that alll of the formulas pull from that new workbook? Or do i need to ...

Workbooks do not open
When I double click any Excel Workbook Icon, only Excel opens. The workbook is not loaded. The only way I can open up workbooks is though the File - > Open menu. Have I changed a setting? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel ...

Category will not Delete / Category changes when email moves to Trash folder
My email is imap. Deleted emails are directed to the Trash folder. All in coming emails are received with the Category of =93None=94 (no Rules). Recently when emails are Deleted from the In Box and transferred into the Trash folder Entourage changes those emails to the Category named eBay (one of my Categories) from None. If the destination folder is redefined, the problem goes away. The odd thing is when I go to Edit / Category / Edit Categories the Category named eBay can be edited or duplicated, but not Deleted. (Button does not activate) All other Categories act normal. Because ...

New WorkBook With Specified Number of Sheets
Sure would oblige if the proper complete syntax is provided in respect of Creating a New Workbook with a specified number of sheets. Thanx in advance! -- Best Regards, Faraz Faraz A. Qureshi;587147 Wrote: > Sure would oblige if the proper complete syntax is provided in respect > of > Creating a New Workbook with a specified number of sheets. > > Thanx in advance! > -- > Best Regards, > > Faraz From Help: **************************** Creates a new workbook. The new workbook becomes the active workbook. Returns a Workbook object. exp...

Copy worksheets with formulas between different workbooks
Hi I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another one. To copy the worksheet I open the both workbooks right click on the tab/move or copy/create a copy and select the name of other workbook Then I close the first workbook and save the second one and the sheet is copied. The problem is that this worksheet contains formulas and when I open it it asks me to update the links. I go to Edit/Links/Break the link because I don't need to have the link and it breaks but after this the formulas on the copied worksheet disappeared. Is there any way to copy the sheet without links...

Move Outlook Express data to Outlook mail
I am using Outlook Express. I want to use Outlook for my mail. How do I get all my addresses, email etc. from Express to Outlook? I tried the office assistant. But it did not work. Thanks GLS "Geoff" <woodsense@dejazz.com> wrote in message news:013601c3af83$728bffa0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook Express. I want to use Outlook for my > mail. How do I get all my addresses, email etc. from > Express to Outlook? I tried the office assistant. But it > did not work. Thanks GLS have you tried File-Export in OE? ...

EXCEL WORKBOOK LOCKING
Workbook is unlocked & unprotected. When opened has popup message "File is locked...." click OK then 2nd message "cannot be access - file may be readonly..." However the workbook does open but when attempt to save or saveas to another file name get message "file not saved" - which is in fact the case. Any clues - Excel 2000 on Win XP. No joy on knowledegbase. Hi have you checked: Program Opens a File As Read-Only or Returns a Sharing Violation or "Access Denied" Message When Opening from or Saving to a Network Folder http://support.micro...

Copying workbook with rounding off error
When I copied the entire workbook to a new workbook using code, th values in the corresponding cells were different due to rounding of errors. The new workbook has values which are more accurate. When I went to Tools -> Options -> Calculations and unchecked th "precision as displayed", the corresponding values in the 2 workbook became the same. However, this did not solve my problem because wat I really wanted wa "precision as displayed" on the screen and not to uncheck it. But if leave it checked, the new workbook has values different from my curren workbook. How...

How do I move text and pictures down the page simulatneously?
I have a very large project with text and pictures. This is split into 9 separate files to make it more manageable when saving. I need to insert the last page of each file into the first page of the next file. I know how to group pictures, but is it possible to move text and pictures down a page? Pressing enter, to move text down, obviously moves it away from its matching picture. Group the pictures and text together. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Libbylootoo" <Libbylootoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85897A9D-B2AE-49A5-9E56-7A343B...

Can't move mailboxes back
We have two Exchange 2003 servers in the same domain/org. We moved some mailboxes from one server to the other without any problems. Now we are trying to move them back - some of which have been on the other server for two weeks, and we get an error... After moving a mailbox, you must wait for cleanup operations to complete before you can move it again.. I even set the mailbox processes to run daily, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Regards, Neal ...

How to email just one worksheet in a workbook?
I have a workbook with many sheets. I want to send just one of the worksheets to someone. Do I have to create special workbook and copy the sheet I want to send to it? Thanks for your help. You'd need VBA if you don't want to make a one sheet workbook http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John L" <johnrloganis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:kekic.33745$Rz3.14325@fed1read05... > I have a workbook with many sheets. I want to send just one of the > worksheets to someone. > Do I have to create special workbook and copy the sheet ...

move users between domains
We've been using admt to move users from one domain to another as students, faculty and staff transfer. We have 7 domains (one per campus and managed locally) and an empty- root in a single forest. Does anyone know of a powershell replacement for the ADMT tool? Under the hood, ADMT does not really 'move' an account. it clones a new one and deletes the old one. HankC ADMT does a lot more than that. It preserves group memberships, for example. I'm sure you could replace the function of ADMT with PowerShell, but it would require a pretty complicated script...

Lookup using two values
I have a table of data. Elsewhere in the workbook, I want to include a formula to count all the rows in that table that have a value of "A" in the first column and a "B" in the second column. Kind of like select count(*) from table where column1="A" and column2="B" Is this possible? Hi Hall, Hall wrote: > I have a table of data. Elsewhere in the workbook, I want to include > a formula to count all the rows in that table that have a value of > "A" in the first column and a "B" in the second column. Kind of like > ...

Moving to new exchange 2003 box
Background info: 2 sites, one in NY, one in LA. NY is primary exchange server, LA exchange is just for the employees in LA. NY forwards email to LA via a SMTP connector. I am swapping out servers in LA to a more powerful one. Current situation: Ok so I basically got my box up and running, installed exchange, got my sites and services configured, replicated the public folders, Offline Address Book, Scheduly+Free Busy folder, my forms, checked the settings for the RUS, looked at the routing group master which is the one in NY, the one in LA is a member server. I do not run Site Replicat...

"no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" in Excel 2000
I get this error message while using Excel 2000. The file is just under 2 meg. Any ideas? Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573&Product= xlw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "pauljingram" <pauljingram@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:93D22105-31AB-4659-ADA2-3B43E1D46ED6@microsoft.com... > I get this error message while using Excel 2000. The file is just under 2 meg. > > Any ideas? Jon Peltier has information on this problem in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009...

Dropdown box values not updating when moving between records
I have a dropdown box on a subform (whichi is a continuous form) which is populated based on the key that is currently displayed on the parent form (which displays in a bound control). Each "element" of the subform should have the same values in the dropdown, but each parent record will create a different set of dropdown list values. I have two problems. First, whichever is the first parent record that I select the dropdown box (which correctly populates the first time), I get those same values on every other parent record. And second, I can't actually select any va...