Can't find my macro

Some time ago I created a macro by following some instructions here.
As best I can recall, it was:

1. Alt+F11
2. Insert Module
3. Type in the macro

That macro is still there and running just fine.

Now, I would like to add another macro, but I can't find the first
one. Alt+F11 opens up a module named [Module3(Code)], which does not
contain the previous macro.

Can someone help me find that macro so I can add a new one?
0
SquarePeg (160)
1/27/2009 7:18:24 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Type the macro's name in the Immediate window, put the text cursor inside,
or next to, the macro name you just typed and then press Shift+F2

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message
> Some time ago I created a macro by following some instructions here.
> As best I can recall, it was:
>
> 1. Alt+F11
> 2. Insert Module
> 3. Type in the macro
>
> That macro is still there and running just fine.
>
> Now, I would like to add another macro, but I can't find the first
> one. Alt+F11 opens up a module named [Module3(Code)], which does not
> contain the previous macro.
>
> Can someone help me find that macro so I can add a new one?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:26:38 -0500, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:

>Type the macro's name in the Immediate window, put the text cursor inside,
>or next to, the macro name you just typed and then press Shift+F2

Wow! There it is. Thanks.

It's in Module1.

What would I do if I couldn't remember the name of the macro?

Is there any way to get a lsit of the existing macros and modules?

0
SquarePeg (160)
1/27/2009 8:04:29 AM
Get hold of a free VBE addin, MZ-Tools, that, amongst other things,

- adds and removes line numbers to and from your code
- provides code stats
- supports a code template library
etc.

You can get it at http://www.mztools.com/v3/download.aspx

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:26:38 -0500, "Rick Rothstein"
> <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Type the macro's name in the Immediate window, put the text cursor inside,
>>or next to, the macro name you just typed and then press Shift+F2
>
> Wow! There it is. Thanks.
>
> It's in Module1.
>
> What would I do if I couldn't remember the name of the macro?
>
> Is there any way to get a lsit of the existing macros and modules?

0
BobNGs (423)
1/27/2009 8:45:46 AM
When you open the VBA editor, on the left hand side you should have a project
explorer. If not visible then Ctrl/r should make it visible. You should be
able to navigate through your VBA editor from there.

To actually find all the subs in the VBA editor you can select Edit->Find.
In the Find What: field enter Sub followed by a space and then set the Search
button to current project and keep clicking Find Next. You will iterate
though all the subs in the project. When you find the one you want, look at
the explorer and check which one is semi high lighted (light gray not fully
highlighted as when you click it).

You would find a User Defined function the same way but look for Function
followed by a space.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Square Peg" wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:26:38 -0500, "Rick Rothstein"
> <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Type the macro's name in the Immediate window, put the text cursor inside,
> >or next to, the macro name you just typed and then press Shift+F2
>
> Wow! There it is. Thanks.
>
> It's in Module1.
>
> What would I do if I couldn't remember the name of the macro?
>
> Is there any way to get a lsit of the existing macros and modules?

0
OssieMac (238)

Re: Massive "FIND" or " Compare cells " then , Delete....
Hello All, lets say I have in Column A, Dan, John, Bill, Angela, Fred ...many entries of the same names.... In Column B, I have Nancy, Dan, Steve, I want to delete all of the "Dans" in both columns ... Can I do something like: =compare( A1:B20 ) , delete,*.*)) I tried Subsitute, FIND, REPLACE.... Help! I am Confused!!!! :) Select A1:B100 (assuming that is your range), do Edit / Replace, replacing Dan with nothing, then with the range still selected do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then Edit / Delete / Shift Cells UP. This assumes you want ...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Finding data in Excel
Lotus had a data find function where you indicated criteria(Same heading as the database - You could use more than one column) on another part of the worksheet to search for. You selected / data, find and Lotus highlithed the row that matches the criteria. Is there in Excel a simular function? Hi Riaan Cannot remember Lotus, but are you talking about <Ctrl> <F>? "Riaan" wrote: > Lotus had a data find function where you indicated criteria(Same heading as > the database - You could use more than one column) on another part of the > worksheet to search for...

Clip Gallery can't find files
I'd appreciate any help. I just installed Pub. 98 and it started indexing my existing clip gallery. Now, it can't find my old clip gallery files and wants me to update the location of them since they were moved. Any ideas? If they are on your system, open the gallery, click import clips, in the files of type, clip gallery catalogs, browse to the folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Cyndy b" <bunnfam@bbnp.com> wrote in message news:014c01c347e3$ea772150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'd appreciate any help. I just insta...

Can't find my financial institution
My financial institution, Hewitt Associates, says that they are supported by Microsoft Money 2004. They are even listed on the MSN Money website. However, they are not listed in my Money program and thus can't seem to take advantage of the online services provided. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. >Subject: Can't find my financial institution >From: "=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYg==?=" herb@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 12/25/2004 10:03 AM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <616EC9C2-95B0-479B-BDC0-AAFF3957B0C9@microsoft.com> > >My financial insti...

Problem with a macro and rectangle
Hi, guys I have this macro that puts an object (rectangle shape) of a size that represents 24 inside a range of cells The problem is that the X,Y position of the object isn=B4t always the same. So, for example, if we put a rectangle with a size of 190, its default value is 630. What I want to do is that the value 190 gets saved when the new macro is run again and if it changes to 240, this would be the default vakue for the next time the macro is run. I don=B4t know if this is too difficult. Thank you so much. One way would be to put the value in a cell and read it. 1234 ...

Finding text using PowerPoint
Hello everybody! What is the easiest way to to find any piece of text in a PowerPoint Presentation? I would like to search for any text in all types of shapes (including smart art etc) as well as comments, notes etc. etc. etc. I have done some research but it seams that there is not a lot of information on PowerPoint. Hope to hear of someone soon!.. please! Jaco Pretorius IT Professional Home Tab > Editing > FIND? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html ...

Finding the position of a certain picture on the screen
Hi everyone, I need to make a program in c# that will find a certain picture (not a big picture, few pixels in a certain formation, which is not necessarily a rectangle) on the computer screen. I haven't really done something like that before, so I'm not sure how to do it. what I had in mind was taking a screenshot (I found a tutorial that explains how) and then start checking every pixel in the screenshot until I find one that looks like one of the pixels in my picture, and then check if there are pixels next to him that are same to the ones in the picture, and in the same fo...

How to find which day of the week, this year, a birthday fall?
Hello: I have a database with employee birthdays. (I enter all the birthdays as mm/dd/1900 so no one knows how old anyone is.) I have a query I use to inform the managers what birthdays are upcoming in their department. It so happens that 2007 had the same calendar as 1900 so I didn't realize I wasn't pulling the day of the week the birthday falls for the current year. Is there an expression I need to build or a particular format I need to set? I was using the number format dddd, mm/dd. Thanks. Using DOB as the employee's birthday: Format(DateSerial(Year(Date),Month(DO...

Can't find Australian Banks Online
On the list of financial institutions I can only find American banks. I also have Australian accounts that I would like to add. Could you please advise if this is possible? I am using Microsoft Money 2004. Thanks, Jason You can add foreign banks to money by selecting the not held at a financial instution option when setting up the accounts. The drawback to this is that you cannot link foreign banks to online services and you probably won't be able to download statements from their website because most foreign banks (with the exception of canada) don't support money. This ...

Using OWA how can I find out the size of my mailbox?
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay ...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Cannot record macro in excel
If you cannot record macro in microsoft excel. I found one reason for that. Reason for this was security righs in registry. My case was this: We have Windows 2000 AD domain.We use compatws.inf template in group policy to give more rights to normal domain users. Situation was this: I cloned PC from image and in first boot i installed f-secure to PC. This installation added one registry key to hklm/software/classes/clsid and gave this key security righs to averyone . This key did not have permission to inherite permissions from upperlevel. Thats why security templates hangs and users did...

find and replace or ?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet I've been updating which originally utilized a helper column with a date in it. Another column contained a rather long formula which referenced the cell in the helper column with a relative reference. I put the value that was in the helper column in a different location and wanted to update the formula to accommodate an absolute reference to the newly relocated value. Find and replace worked fine for the first instance of the formula, but I had to change the cell reference in the "find" box to update the formula in the next instance. I know I can ...

A macro that copies entire worksheet to another
Hi- Can anybody help me with a macro that copies an entire worksheet to another (or creates a new worksheet named by a value in a cell)? I plan to use a push button to copy this data. I'd appreciate any help - Jim Ayers Hi Jim, Why don't you revert the easiest and the most illustrative method of writing a macro (and learning how to write a macro) by using the macro recording facility? There may be slight changes depending on your Excel version, but generally you click Tools --> Macro --> Record New Macro, then mimic exactly what you want to happen, stopping recording a...

Finding the Value in the "last" cell?
I have an excel file that has a vba macro that grabs data from someplace else every few minutes and writes the data to the next empty line on a sheet "n". SInce the macro just appends the info to the sheet when event x is triggered I never know what the last line (row number) of the sheet will be. I need to have cell a1 (for example) give me the data is whatever is *currently* the most recent (or latest appended) data from column E. Thus, if the macro five minutes ago was on row 245 and E245 had the text, "FRED" and now event x triggers the macro so a new line of data is w...

Opening a Word Document via a macro
Can anyone provide me with some code for a macro to open a wor document. I have excel2000, and word 2000, running on xp. I have tried what has been suggested previously, something like: Sub WDTest() Dim WD as Object Set WD = CreateObject("Word.Application") WD.Documents.Open "C:\My Documents\WordDoc.Doc" End sub but this has caused me many problems. I get the error message tha "WordDoc.doc" has been locked for editing by me. I have tried it on number of otherwise fine documents (before I run this macro, I coul open them normally) After I have run the macro...

'Assign Macro' dialog missing in Excel XP
I'm trying to assign a macro to a command button, however the 'Assign Macro' dialog is missing from the context menu when right clicking the button. I have only been to do it when having opened an old worksheet (created in excel 97) with existing command buttons & macros, then the option is there to assign a macro. I have searched the net for a solution however to no avail. I know it is possible since Excel Help states that is the official way to do it. I have office Xp installed with service pack 2. I hope you will be able to help me. Thank you It's possible ...

Excel Personal settings/macros
I am using Excel 2003. I just ordered a new computer and would like to be able to transfer the file/s that contain my personal settings(toolbar set ups for example)/macros/whatever else to the new machine. Is this possible? What files do I need to copy and transfer and where do I find them. Please don't tell me I can't do this. <G> TIA Bill Saved from a previous post: I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work. It's not complete, but may help you. Word/Excel files: FileName Use custom.dic personal dictionary *.acl p...

I have question.. I have problem with Cells.find
I have two file (p1.xls , p2,.xls). When I work in file (p2.xls) i need to find something in second file(p1.xls). Then write value from Cecha in the ActiveCell of p2.xls, provided that Cecha is found I have button and code: but this code does not work how I want !! because search in file p2.... (it work on inversely) What I should modify ?? that it search in p1.xls ??? Sub CommandButton3_Click() '------>in file p2.xls Dim szukana As Range Dim Cecha as String Cecha = InputBox("Enter the name", "Enter value") If Cecha = "" Then Exit Sub Workbooks.O...

Button not bring up Macro I created
I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. The button I created can't find the Macro. Does anyone know a good place to find a how to for this? Thanks Right click the button, on the dropdown click 'Assign Macro' The list of macro's will appear, assign the appropriate one to the button, Regards, Alan. "A.S." <A.S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295A08DB-21DD-45D3-A610-525182AE40B8@microsoft.com... >I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. >The > button I created can...

Macro to lock VBA project
Hello Is it possible to have a macro that will: 1. under VBA project properties lock project for viewing 2. open input box to input password to view project properties. 3. save file /or prompt to save as. So in other words after you open vba project and play woth macros, work on file etc, one could just click a button and a input box to input password to lock VBA project would be opened. Afeter you input it the input box closes and saves the file or prompts save as if it is not saved yet? I tried to google it and record it but no luck... Anyone? Thank you Excel's VBA doesn't supp...

macro
Hi, Need help on macro, pls. see if what I'm thinking is possible: I have 2 sheets in my file, the first sheet is where I input my data and I formatted sheet 2 for printing purposes. Let say I have these in sheet 1: Data 1 Date 2 Data 3 aaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbb bbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccc cccccc cccccccccccccc Let say my cursor is on the first row of my data. I created a macro, with a corresponding shortcut key, so that the data on that row will be transferred to sheet 2 like: Data 1 aaa Date 2 aaaaaa Date 3 aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Now, I want to change the code (or mayb...

missing number find
If I need to find a missing number in a list say numbers 1 to 10 and number 8 does not appear in the list can excel identify the missing number and show it to me ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ see how this works Sub findmissing() On Error Resume Next For Each c In [k1:k9] If c + 1 <> c.Offset(1) Then MsgBox c + 1 & " missing" c.Select End If Next End Sub "theo" <theo.vza60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ne...