Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?

I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout
is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be
used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a
way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document?
0
nanook (9)
1/23/2008 1:20:19 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hello

You may consider using some VBA to achieve this.
One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer
in the PrintOut method, eg:

ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:"
End Sub

Please note you will need to amend the **activeprinter** name part of my
code to match precisely your pdf printer description.
To make sure that you use the correct printer description:
Set the default printer to your pdf printer
in a module paste this macro and note the exact description shown:
Sub ShowPrnName()
Msgbox Application.ActivePrinter
End Sub

Remember to set the previous default printer back.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"nanook" <nanook@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
D960B5DC-6E23-4BF5-8790-982ED1D04269@microsoft.com...
>I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout
> is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be
> used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a
> way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document?

There is program caleld SnagIt it can catch printer output you could give it
a try.

0
john474 (6)

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

can't customize toolbar

help with simple maths in excel

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Can anyone help ?

Excel Problem

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

Excel DNS query

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...