Can I mark a point on curve?

I want to mark a point in curve of chart.

it is possible?

0
Cactus
3/6/2008 5:33:11 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Cactus,

Provided your curve is on a calculable line,Yes.
What is your curve?
Please also post an example of your X and Y data,
and an explanation of where you want the point.

HTH
Martin

"Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message
>I want to mark a point in curve of chart.
>
> it is possible?

0
mtmw (348)
3/6/2008 7:45:22 AM
Hi Cactus,

I've changed your chart to an XYscatter chart and put
the first marker in for you in series 1. You will obviously
want to change the formatting and pretty it up a bit.

You will need to put the X values in for series 2
to 7. Right click in the blank area at the top of the
chart and go to Source Data and click the series tab
set the x values for series 2 to 7 the same as I set
for series 1. The y values will need to be changed
to C1:C36 for series 2, D1:D36 for series 3 etc.

Then you will need to add source data for
series 9 to 14 somewhere out of the way, and probably
move the source data for series 8 that I placed in
the worksheet.

Once that is done you can go ahead and add
series 9 to 14.

I don't know what your level of charting is so I
don't know if this is more info than you need from
here or not enough. Let me know if you need more.

P.S. It is frowned on to attach files in the
newsgroups. Best to use a file hosting site
and then post the link here. The one I've used
here is Savefile but there are others, just google.

Here is the link to the file.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1422589

> Thanks Martin
>
> please open the append files.
>
> Take a number as X(horizontal) axis, and put it mark on a curve.
>

> "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> д���ʼ�
>> Hi Cactus,
>>
>> Provided your curve is on a calculable line,Yes.
>> What is your curve?
>> Please also post an example of your X and Y data,
>> and an explanation of where you want the point.
>>
>> HTH
>> Martin
>>

>> "Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message
>> >I want to mark a point in curve of chart.
>> >
>> > it is possible?

0
mtmw (348)
3/6/2008 10:48:09 AM
Well done.

So I add series X and series Y can mark series points.

> Hi Cactus,
>
> I've changed your chart to an XYscatter chart and put
> the first marker in for you in series 1. You will obviously
> want to change the formatting and pretty it up a bit.
>
> You will need to put the X values in for series 2
> to 7. Right click in the blank area at the top of the
> chart and go to Source Data and click the series tab
> set the x values for series 2 to 7 the same as I set
> for series 1. The y values will need to be changed
> to C1:C36 for series 2, D1:D36 for series 3 etc.
>
> Then you will need to add source data for
> series 9 to 14 somewhere out of the way, and probably
> move the source data for series 8 that I placed in
> the worksheet.
>
> Once that is done you can go ahead and add
> series 9 to 14.
>
> I don't know what your level of charting is so I
> don't know if this is more info than you need from
> here or not enough. Let me know if you need more.
>
> P.S. It is frowned on to attach files in the
> newsgroups. Best to use a file hosting site
> and then post the link here. The one I've used
> here is Savefile but there are others, just google.
>
> Here is the link to the file.
>
> http://www.savefile.com/files/1422589
>
> HTH
> Martin
>

> "Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Martin
> >
> > please open the append files.
> >
> > Take a number as X(horizontal) axis, and put it mark on a curve.
> >

> > "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> д���ʼ�
> >> Hi Cactus,
> >>
> >> Provided your curve is on a calculable line,Yes.
> >> What is your curve?
> >> Please also post an example of your X and Y data,
> >> and an explanation of where you want the point.
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Martin
> >>

> >> "Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message

0
Cactus
3/6/2008 3:47:54 PM
Yes that's right.

Your X values are the new numbers I put in column A. That remains
constant for all series. Your Y values are each column progressively
across the sheet i.e. Series 1 Y values are col B, Series 2
Y values are col C etc.

XY scatter charts are much more flexible than Line charts
particularly for any sort of mathematical analysis.
It's the only type of chart I use. AFAIK Line charts
are pretty much only good for presentation purposes
although I may not be entirely correct about that.

Regards

> Well done.
>
> So I add series X and series Y can mark series points.
>

> "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> д���ʼ�
>> Hi Cactus,
>>
>> I've changed your chart to an XYscatter chart and put
>> the first marker in for you in series 1. You will obviously
>> want to change the formatting and pretty it up a bit.
>>
>> You will need to put the X values in for series 2
>> to 7. Right click in the blank area at the top of the
>> chart and go to Source Data and click the series tab
>> set the x values for series 2 to 7 the same as I set
>> for series 1. The y values will need to be changed
>> to C1:C36 for series 2, D1:D36 for series 3 etc.
>>
>> Then you will need to add source data for
>> series 9 to 14 somewhere out of the way, and probably
>> move the source data for series 8 that I placed in
>> the worksheet.
>>
>> Once that is done you can go ahead and add
>> series 9 to 14.
>>
>> I don't know what your level of charting is so I
>> don't know if this is more info than you need from
>> here or not enough. Let me know if you need more.
>>
>> P.S. It is frowned on to attach files in the
>> newsgroups. Best to use a file hosting site
>> and then post the link here. The one I've used
>> here is Savefile but there are others, just google.
>>
>> Here is the link to the file.
>>
>> http://www.savefile.com/files/1422589
>>
>> HTH
>> Martin
>>

>> "Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Martin
>> >
>> > please open the append files.
>> >
>> > Take a number as X(horizontal) axis, and put it mark on a curve.
>> >

>> > "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> д���ʼ�

0
mtmw (348)

CArray SetAtGrow
The documentation for VC6 and .NET says the second argument to CArray::SetAtGrow can be NULL. The last line of the function is m_pData[nIndex] = newElement; so as far as I see the assignment operator of your class will be called with NULL for the right hand side. Am I missing something here ? Paul Tait spudWA@gmail.com wrote: > The documentation for VC6 and .NET says the second argument to > CArray::SetAtGrow can be NULL. The last line of the function is > > m_pData[nIndex] = newElement; > > so as far as I see the assignment operator of your class will be called >...

Can't send e-mail --- hangs in Outbox
Cannot send an e-mail message from Outlook 2002. Message hangs in outbox. Checked settings & everything seems okay. Tried re-booting PC and problem still exists. Can anyone help? Thanks. Are you using pop3 are excange server or IMAP Accounts Are you using anti-virus if so disable and try again, are you using a router, if so bypass and try, Really need some additional info as to how you are setup? Has it worked before? Chuck-Tejas >-----Original Message----- >Cannot send an e-mail message from Outlook 2002. Message >hangs in outbox. Checked settings & everythi...

Why can't I print my Publisher document to my Xerox network print.
I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 Are you getting an error message?? "mndr" <mndr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1C32355-53F4-42DA-82DB-6F9BF2C2CBD6@microsoft.com... > I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 > >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 >. >you need to first go to the top of publisher and push the print icon While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a messa...

<<next record>> in publisher -- how can I use this
I am creating a program that lists the names of particpants and would like to use my mail merge to insert the names insteading of typing each one. How can I use <<next record>> so that I can put multiple names on the same page? Use a label setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Josie" <Josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBCD5B6D-C758-449B-BC82-0403DD3FB78F@microsoft.com... >I am creating a program that lists the names of particpants and would like to > use my mai...

Can't click on URL in email and get correct results...
This just started a week or so back... nothing changed, other than the standard XP automated patches, that I'm aware of. I open an email in MS Outlook 2002 and click on a URL. The results are a completely blank IE6 application window, and a new window asking me to select a link to my browser. This happens ONLY if IE6 application is NOT currently running when I click on the URL. If IE6 application is running (minimized) when I click on the URL, there is no problem. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. Goto Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Programs Tab Click to Sele...

Store size exceeded (17GB). How can I recover the mailboxes in edb file?
SBS2003, Exchange 2003 Std. The store size exceeded 17 GB, and when I try to mount it, inmediately it stops. I want to recover the mailboxes in edb file, but I don't know how to access them. Any suggestions? No backups (out of the box setup, first attempt to configure the system, and while importing users mailboxes, the size grow a lot!). Thanks in advance, RL no backups? why would you move/import mailboxes to a server that isn't being backed up? is there ANY whitespace in the database? your only option may be to use something like Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange to ...

Outlook 2003 Can Not Connect To SSL Servers
Hello; I am running Outlook 2003 on top of Vista Home Premium with Windows Live One Care for security. Over last year, AT&T (ex SBC)/Yahoo directed all of their users to change port settings on e-mail servers to SSL connections (ports 995 and 465). For last few months no problems, then I began receiving error "0x800CCC7D" and could no longer connect to outgoing SMTP server; according to MS article kb/289967 this is allegedly an error on server side. After extended discussion with AT&T tech support, they advise that there is no general fault on their server; thei...

Can't get MFC and HTTP_VERB_POST to work

Can I get Mny Ess or Deluxe to download pending transactions?
Or, do I need to manually enter them in Money? And, when I have done that, what do I need to do when the real transaction finally shows up in my online banking and downloads to Money? Dick, you asked what I want to do with Money. I want to re-establish control over my bank account and capture transactions as close to the time each occurs. BofA online banking shows authorizations (initial swipe) by merchant but not the amout with tip until it settles. Also, if merchant is slow in submitting, then, transaction will fall off online's 'radar' and come back to bite me later if I...

address data base in which I can choose which to use for mailing
I want to set up an address data base in Excel. They would be a combination of personal and business addresses. I want to be able to separate them for the purpose of printing mailing labels. I am new to Office, could someone suggest a template or solution ? Thank you. Open a new workbook. In Sheet1 you will enter your titles across the row in individual cells. LastName FirstName Address City State Zip (and whatever else you wish) Last column title it Type Now assuming John Doe has two addresses...one personal and one business. Row 2 enter Doe John 123 main st. Albany NY ...

How can I make Excel display HTML code as text
Excel is winding me up. I'm trying to past some html code into a cell and i want excel to treat it as plain text, not display all the images and special fonts, colours etc becaue it fouls up the rest of the sheet. Does anyone know how I might accomplish this? Hi which version of Excel are you using - as when i copy & paste information from the web into an excel workbook (ver 2002 or 2003) i get a smart tag asking me if i want to keep the source formatting or match the destination formatting - choosing "match destination formatting" gives me plain text. Cheers Julied...

Can I retrieve a field from a SQL table during an OnChange event on a lookup field?
I am trying to retrieve a field from a SQL table during an OnChange event from a CRM screen. The OnChange event is on a lookup field to that table. I have already done the mapping for the field that I need in the relationships setup for the entity. My problem comes in that I will be adding the relationship row from another table and not from the table I need the field from. The mapping does not seem to work when starting from a different table. That is why I have made this request. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob Johnson Specific questions related to CRM v3 should ...

Input Box
Is it possible to use an input box to search for existing records in a form with an autonumber field? Here's setup: Form "fRecords" has autonumber field "RecordNumber" and also has a label "lblSearch" when clicked prompts for input box to "Enter Record Number" to search for existing record number. Private Sub LblSearch_Click() RecordNumber = InputBox("Enter Record Number") End Sub I keep getting message "Can't Assign Value to this Object". Could it have something to do with RecordNumber being autonumber? I've used t...

How I can find who has NOT sent me mail?
This may seem a bit of a stupid thing to want to do but.... I have a list of people that I must get an email response from each day and I am looking for a simple way of finding who on the list has NOT sent me an email today so that I can chase them up. I have played with search folders and advanced search, and it is easy to create a list of email addresses and have then appear in the search folder if they HAVE sent me an email, but I have to then check through this list (are there over a hundred) to see who hasn't sent me a mail. Tedious and error prone. So can you help me find t...

Exchange recipients can't read my emails
Help would be much appreciated. When I send emails from Entourage (Office 2004) to my work colleagues via MS Exchange Server (SBS) either by VPN or on the network in work they can see only the header but not the email. In two cases they can read the email but their delivery of subsequent emails is blocked by my email (and they then have to go into Web Access to delete my email to unclog it) Very strange and it only seems to have been happening in the last couple of months. The only thing I can think of is maybe it has coincided with Sophos anti-virus being installed on the Exchange Server...

Can't read *.pst file
I was merrily using Outlook 2007 one day. Closed it, went to open it again and it tells me it can't find the pst file. I have gone looking for it myself and it is in the folder it should be in. I don't understand. I have tried copying it from its current location to another so I don't lose the data, but I get an I/O device error listed as 0x8007045D I have tried all the various "repair" suggestions I could find, but each time I try it, the program says it can't find the file. I'm confused and simply don't understand. Can some one help me, ...

Can excel objects be defined as global variables
I want to define such items as public ws as worksheet public rg as range I put them in the general declarations for "This Workbook". All other variables such as integer, string etc. are behaving as global. But not the objects. I read some discussion about defining them as I indicated above, but when I go to another module, it gives me the error that the name is not defined. Can objects be global? If so, is there a certain place they have to be defined Define them in a normal Module and it should work fine. RBS "Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussion...

can I have variable widths in the same column
I would like to place two tables on the same worksheet one above the other. But they have different heading widths. Is it possible to have multiple widths in the same column and independently change them? No. The entire column of cells can only have one width. You can cheat a little and use the Merge Cells feature. But that could lead to other issues. Another option is to insert two empty columns between each column of data in your table and allow the headings to expand into those areas. "underw47" <underw47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:608A94E...

Can't Trigger Manual Sales Processes
I have created rule that triggers one of several manual sales processes when an Opportunity is created. It checks several conditions and then calls one of a few manual sales processes based upon the condition. With my security role, the workflow runs as intended, however, at the level of the intended user, the trigger rule runs fine and the Workflow Monitor says it is completed but the manual sales process never runs; it doesn't show up on workflow monitor. I suspect a permissions issue but I cannot figure it out. Is there a specific security role setting that has to be availab...

Can't Find Macro In Dialog Box
In my file name AutoInsert_NewRows_WithFormulas_Repeated_Without_Constants.xls I went into VBE Insert Module and Pasted: Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas(Optional vRows As Long) ' Documented: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm ' Re: Insert Rows -- 1997/09/24 Mark Hill <markhill@charm.net.noSpam> 'Dim vRows As Integer ' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David McRitchie ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select 'So you do not have to preselect entire row xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx blah, blah.... End Sub When I go back into the spreadsheet and Alt...

how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul
Want to test 5 calculated results against a static target. If result greater than target, color cell green. If result = target, color cell yellow. If result less than target, color cell red. Results are presented in a column with the target number in a cell 2 rows above headers in the same column. Just the way you specified. Your conditions would be something like: =a2>a1 [color green] =a2=a1 [color yellow] =a2<a1 [color red] If you need more help, post back with the version of Excel you are using, as the instructions differ. Regard, Fred "CBS" <CBS@di...

where can find an API HOOK code(That is strong and stably support 98 & NT)?? Thanks First.
where can find an API HOOK code(That is strong and stably support 98 & NT)?? Thanks First. google for APISPY joe On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:00:08 +0800, "me" <me@beelink.com> wrote: >where can find an API HOOK code(That is strong and stably support 98 & NT)?? >Thanks First. > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

log chart minor gridline values at tick marks
I have an XY scatter graph with log10 scales on both axes. How can I display the minor gridline values at the axes tick marks? Currently, the axes display only the power of 10 values (.1, 1, 10, etc...) Thanks Excel does not allow for minor tick labels. However, you can add a dummy XY series along each axis, with a point at each value where you want a label. Hide the points (no line or marker) and add a data label that shows the value. Position the label appropriately. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ ExcellerZero...

Why can't i open my .pst file?
To create space in my Outlook inbox, i exported a folder to 'My documents' as a .pst file. When i now attempt to open this exported folder, it won't open under any of the options given. All advice welcome. Thank you. You haven't told us anything yet. Provide: 1. Outlook version 2. Steps used to export 3. Why you can't open this file and what happens when you try 4. Error messages In general, exporting is a very poor way to transfer Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "samweller1967" <samweller1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How can I get default DNS setting.
any advise�� THX l.cstudio. 2005.8 ...