Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

I know this may be a "DUH" question, but...

I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of
of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf
and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon
know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused

--
Myn77
Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:16:30 -0600, Myn777
<Myn777.1zy1ja_1134418801.0021@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I know this may be a "DUH" question, but...
>
>I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted off
>of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this info
>and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyone
>know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused:
0
Gord
12/12/2005 8:30:00 PM
You use excel as database source and word for mailmerging

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Myn777" <Myn777.1zy1ja_1134418801.0021@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Myn777.1zy1ja_1134418801.0021@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29584
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492836

0
terre081 (3244)
12/12/2005 8:30:45 PM
I would think you could use your Excel file for a Mail Merge.  Word ha
a wizard that can walk you through step by step...

Good Luck

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283

Thanks for the input. I think that I will have to work on the format of
the excel doc before it will work. I think it needs the headings before
it will register as a database? Any input?
:cool:

--
Myn777
Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29584
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492836

Can't see your data so hard to tell.

You need headings for each column.

Name, Address, City, State, Zip............as a minimum

Each record must be on a row under the headings.

Any of the sites I listed in my posting will show you the format.

Take a quick tour of the training tutorial to get a feel for it.

Gord

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:41:02 -0600, Myn777
<Myn777.1zy2oz_1134420306.7549@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the input. I think that I will have to work on the format of
>the excel doc before it will work. I think it needs the headings before
>it will register as a database? Any input?
>:cool:
0
Gord

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Unable to delete empty database

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

data sort

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

predict future data

Excel VBA