can i find out what cells are linking to other workbooks?

When i open this workbook, it always tells me 'this workbook contains
links to other data sources' but i can't find where it is.  is there a
way to find out what cells are linking to another workbook without
clicking into every cell on this huge-o workbook?
thanks

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11896

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"ForSale" <ForSale.1er4pz@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> When i open this workbook, it always tells me 'this workbook contains
> links to other data sources' but i can't find where it is.  is there
> way to find out what cells are linking to another workbook without
> clicking into every cell on this huge-o workbook?
> thanks
>

> --
> ForSale
---
> ForSale's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11896
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
10/26/2004 9:44:28 PM
Guten Morgen, Frank!

Wie geht es in wunderschoenen Frankfurt?  Ich habe drei Jahren in Frankfurt
gewohnt und muss gestehen, dass ich es doch ein Bischen vermisse!  Und
besonderes im Herbst.

Cary

> Hi
> goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
>
> and search for Findlink.zip
> (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "ForSale" <ForSale.1er4pz@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > When i open this workbook, it always tells me 'this workbook contains
> > links to other data sources' but i can't find where it is.  is there
> > way to find out what cells are linking to another workbook without
> > clicking into every cell on this huge-o workbook?
> > thanks
> >

> > --
> > ForSale
> ---
> > ForSale's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11896
> > View this thread:

cwshultz (78)

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is too short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords of different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempt...

How can I drop the year from mm/dd/yyyy data?
I have a large data set consisting of values from multiple years that I would like to analyze by time of year. ie: I want to look at the month/day for each value while ignoring the year. Specifically I want to end up with a graph showing time of year (in months) across the x-axis and showing all my data points as if they were from this one hypothetical year. Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to crack it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi, Try Format > Cells > Custom: dd/mm -Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a large data set consisting of valu...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

Invoice deleted in Batch, can't re-invoice.
We shipped one line of a multi line sales order. We accidentally deleted the batch that contained the invoice. The line item will not let us fulfill again, or re-invoice. To get the invoice we re-added another line item. Now we need to delete the original line item, but it won't let us delete, it says "Item has previous qtys and cannot be deleted." When we print the packing list the messed up line item shows. Can we get rid if that line item somehow? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! When you transfer a Sales Order to an Invoice, it updates all the quantities for you. If you adde...

Non-VBA formula to find 2nd Sunday of a given month
Can anyone help me write a formula to find the date of the second sunda in a given month? Thanks in Advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, Assuming you have a date in A1, this gives the 2nd Sunday of that date =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)+MOD(8-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7)+7 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DavidObeid&q...

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.
I have set up a form. Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet only in certain cells. I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically. Example , move from cell a3 to c19 automatically. How can I do that? Hi! You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection. Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked. Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Automatically inserting text into a cell
I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; =IF(A12="","",WORKDAY,(A12,5) In column M I am asking if a report is due Y/N. Can I add to the above formula to automatically insert "N/A" into N12 if there is a "N" in column M? One way: N12: =IF(M12="N","N/A",IF(A12="","",WORKDAY(A12, 5))) In article <39A51AAF-D44A-4356-B20A-71C8AA661338@microsoft.com>, Roy <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a formula in a cell that reads like this; > =IF(A12="","",W...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

How do I link multiple excel documents?
I need to link three Excel Documents into a master document that will reflect the data inputted into the others. as of right now they are all one document but that allows only one person at a time to enter the data, we need to have multiple people entering the data. Let's try for the easy solution first... Are people entering data on different worksheets, which are then captured on a 'master' sheet via equations? If so, open the file (make a backup copy first!), click on one of the input sheet tabs and select Move or Copy, then move the sheet into a New Workbook. Save th...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

Can the visible gridlines on a sheet be removed?
Is there a way to remove all or just a section of the grid on a spread sheet? Not for printing, I know how to do that. I have several charts on a sheet but I want the grid lines on the sheet to be non-visible so it looks like a blank sheet. Toby Erkson Oregon, USA highlight the area>format>patterns>fill color white -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <Toby Erkson> wrote in message news:cvv490lu6ohp1d56i71k555ke3m092jf2s@4ax.com... > Is there a way to remove all or just a section of the grid on a spread sheet? Not for printing, I know how to do that. ...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Start up workbook
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I click on my Excel icon in my dock, it opens a brand new workbook. I have checked in my Excel Startup folder, and the only thing that resides there is the pdf maker.xla. How can get a new workbook from automatically opening? You can't - at least not with any controls within Excel. That's designed to comply with Apple's guidelines for OS X. You may be able to have it close automatically with an Apple Script but IMHO that's overkill for what really isn't a problem that requires a ...

Determine a cell's width and enter it in the cell
I have several workbooks with multiple sheets that I'd like to have the same various column widths on each sheet. I get it all set up and then one column will need to be wider. Now I have to go to a cell in each column, check column width, and enter it in each cell. I then have a sub that reads the value in a cell and sets the width to that value so that I can copy the row to each other sheet to resize them. Is there a way to automatically read a cell's width and enter that value in the cell? Thanks for any suggestions. As an alternative: you could "group" all the...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

can send but not reply mail in outlook 2003
Hi there, I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? Thanks Malcolm "ms" <keppeltt@d1.com.sg> wrote in news:#tT#qAv9EHA.2568 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > Hi there, > I have a strange problem: I can send but not reply to external mail in > outlook 2003. Anyone have the answer? > > Thanks > Malcolm > > > What happens when you try? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr...