Can I cut and paste email messages into a cell and it only show when I click on the cell?

Thanks
Colin

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Colin,

I don't believe that you can do that. You could paste the email messages to
another sheet and then use a hyperlink to goto it or use a vba form solution.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"colincurious@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Thanks
> Colin

Hi Colin,

You could use a Worksheet SelectionChange event procedure to render the
contents of certain cells invisible unless the cell is the active cell.
For Example, this results in A1, B1 and G4 only being visible on the
sheet (still visible in the Formula Bar) when the active cell...

Select Case ActiveCell.Address(False, False)
Case "A1", "B1", "G4" '<<<<edit to suit needs
Range("A1,B1,G4").NumberFormat = ";;;" '<<<<edit to suit needs
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "General"
Case Else
Range("A1,B1,G4").NumberFormat = ";;;" '<<<<edit to suit needs
End Select
End Sub

The code needs to be pasted into the worksheet's code module
(Copy>Right Click Sheet Tab>"View Code">Paste), the workbook's Security
setting needs to be Medium, and "Enable Macros" button on the "Security
Warning" dialog must be clicked when the workbook is opened.

0
KenCJohnson (314)

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

move cell contents

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

can't customize toolbar

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

Can anyone help ?

Incoming email slow to come in

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

DVD off Center and Right side cut off in WMP 11
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and just updated to WMP 11. When I play a DVD it seems to be zoomed in or stretched on the screen and the right side of the movie is cut off. I've tried everything I know to do to fix it, and that knowledge is slim! Any suggestions are very much appreciated! ...

Exchange Message Archive/Availability
I have Exchange 5.5 currently. I've posted a few messages this morning on store limits. Thanks for the replies! This quetion is a geared a bit differently. Our users receive a lot of email that they want to retain, but business-wise it does not belong in their mailbox. Meaning, its an email that other people in the organization should have access to. A quick example of this would be a customer service rep receiving an email PO. This may be an attachment or it may be just in the body of the email. Currently, this rep creates a folder in their mailbox called customer A and retains the email...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...