Can I copy formulas "as they are" when they are not static

Hi,

I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to
transfer them to other location without formulas changing.

They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer

Don't ask me why ;-)

-Sirritys

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
| Hi,
|
| I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to
| transfer them to other location without formulas changing.
|
| They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer
|
| Don't ask me why ;-)
|
| -Sirritys

0
nicolaus (2022)
8/7/2006 8:17:55 AM
Should have thought about that one.

Thank you =)

Niek Otten kirjoitti:

> Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> | Hi,
> |
> | I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to
> | transfer them to other location without formulas changing.
> |
> | They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer
> |
> | Don't ask me why ;-)
> |
> | -Sirritys

Niek Otten wrote...
>Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back

Unwise to use ~ since it's a metacharacter. In order to change literal
~s back to =s, you'd need to replace ~~ with =. Better to use any
character other than ~, ? or *.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
8/8/2006 6:20:12 AM
I usually change "=" to "xyz=" and then back again after I've copied
them.

Pete

Harlan Grove wrote:
> Niek Otten wrote...
> >Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back
>
> Unwise to use ~ since it's a metacharacter. In order to change literal
> ~s back to =s, you'd need to replace ~~ with =. Better to use any
> character other than ~, ? or *.

0
pashurst (2576)
8/8/2006 8:17:35 AM
And one more to avoid--apostrophe (').

I use $$$$$=
but only if I know that $$$$$= is never used elsewhere.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Can I highlight cells as they are copied?
I would like to copy data from one worksheet to another but every time I do that, I need the data highlighted to show it has been copied. Is there a way of doing this automatically? The easiest way I can think of to do that is to background-color ALL of the cells on the sheet you are copying FROM first, the use Copy > PasteSpecial > All, instead of just Copy and Paste.........this will bring the background color forward as well as the value. This would signify that the cell had been copied to......you could even use different background colors for different sheets copied FROM to...

Can I copy formulas "as they are" when they are not static
Hi, I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to transfer them to other location without formulas changing. They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer Don't ask me why ;-) -Sirritys Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to | transfer them to...

Can formulas stay as they are when copied to MemoryStick?
I copy my excel worksheet into a Mem. Stick. Then I work mith my workbook in Memory Stick and save. When I copy it back to my original computer, links in formulas and directories change. What can I do to prevent this? Hi It is always safest to do any work with the file on your local hard disk, rather than on a removable device. Do your work, save copy and then with Windows Explorer copy file to removable device. In reverse, copy from Removable device to your hard drive, open file and do work, save to hard drive. Regards Roger Govier dorter wrote: > I copy my excel worksheet int...