can excel view drill throughs in a pivot table

I'm building pivot tables in Excel 2000 based on data cubes from SQL 2000
Analysis Services.  Is there anyway to view the drill down from the data
fields in a Excel pivot table?  I try doubleclicking in a data field cell
and get a message saying that I can only get detail from rows or columns.

Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com

Please remove "noreply" before replying.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Oh, the message you are receiving is because you are clicking on a cell and
Excel does not have native drillthrough capabilities.  A good example of
modifying Excel (via VBA) to have drillthrough capabilities can be found at:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/SQLServer/Article/ArticleID/40382/40382.html

--
HTH!
Denny Lee

Blog at:: http://spaces.msn.com/members/denster/

"Andy S." <andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm building pivot tables in Excel 2000 based on data cubes from SQL 2000
> Analysis Services.  Is there anyway to view the drill down from the data
> fields in a Excel pivot table?  I try doubleclicking in a data field cell
> and get a message saying that I can only get detail from rows or columns.

> Andy S.
> MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
> andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com
>
> Please remove "noreply" before replying.

dennyglee (2)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

"View Image Slide Show"

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Pivot Table Question #5

Excel VBA

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

Object pivot point
Is there a way to change the point at which an object will rotate? Or will it always rotate about the center? For instance, I would like a square to rotate about each corner. Thanks, Dave B You really need to invest in a drawing program. Serif has a free offering, DrawPlus 4. If you want the full feature version 6 it is $10.00. I use CorelDraw, it is simply a matter of moving the pivot point to the corner. I can't be sure Serif has this feature. I do know Publisher does not. You can use ruler guides to place your object and use the "format autoshape" to control the amount ...

form fields not saving to table

Viewing group calendars in CRM