Can Excel autosize merged cells yet?

Begging everyone's indulgence with an old Q:

I'm using a somewhat dated version of Excel. (Where it says "Tools" on
the menu, it means "polished stones".)

In the past, Excel couldn't autosize merged cells--thereby preventing,
oh, that small segment of Earth's population that is actually literate
from writing prose in Excel, without having to eyeball and manually
adjust the height of every miserable row thruout your entire workbook
containing prose wrapped across merged cells.

A quick search of microsoft.public.excel.* shows that many ancestors
of Homo fenestra have asked this Q.

So has this glaring deficiency been fixed yet? If so, in what version?

In fact, if Microflot has fixed it, I will junk the pirated versions
of Excel I've been using since the late Pleistocene and go out and buy
it, it's THAT important a feature.

Thanks much.

***
0
baobob (32)
1/8/2008 7:23:33 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you're working on "War and Peace", you might consider using a TextBox
instead of cells...........just a thought.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"baobob@my-deja.com" wrote:

> Begging everyone's indulgence with an old Q:
>
> I'm using a somewhat dated version of Excel. (Where it says "Tools" on
> the menu, it means "polished stones".)
>
> In the past, Excel couldn't autosize merged cells--thereby preventing,
> oh, that small segment of Earth's population that is actually literate
> from writing prose in Excel, without having to eyeball and manually
> adjust the height of every miserable row thruout your entire workbook
> containing prose wrapped across merged cells.
>
> A quick search of microsoft.public.excel.* shows that many ancestors
> of Homo fenestra have asked this Q.
>
> So has this glaring deficiency been fixed yet? If so, in what version?
>
> In fact, if Microflot has fixed it, I will junk the pirated versions
> of Excel I've been using since the late Pleistocene and go out and buy
> it, it's THAT important a feature.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> ***

0
CLR (807)

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel 2007