Calendar in Cell Validation

I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts
to input a date, a "list" box-like functionality pops up that has a
calendar and the user may then choose the date by picking with the
mouse
How would I implement this?
Thanks
Jerry
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try the following Web site.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

This site's author covers this in a tutorial, but also provides downloads.

Mark

<jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message
>I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts
> to input a date, a "list" box-like functionality pops up that has a
> calendar and the user may then choose the date by picking with the
> mouse
> How would I implement this?
> Thanks
> Jerry

0
anything (5)
4/14/2005 5:40:10 PM
very cool
thanks Mark

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:40:10 +0100, "Mark" <anything@anywhere.co.uk>
wrote:

>Try the following Web site.
>
>http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm
>
>This site's author covers this in a tutorial, but also provides downloads.
>
>Mark
>
><jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message
>>I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts
>> to input a date, a "list" box-like functionality pops up that has a
>> calendar and the user may then choose the date by picking with the
>> mouse
>> How would I implement this?
>> Thanks
>> Jerry

Date sensitive cells
Hello there, I am trying to create a contract management system and would like to input all the relevant data into a spreadsheet. A month before a contract runs out I would like all the data relevant to it to be highlighted or in some way made obvious that the contract is coming to an end and needs the attention of the user. Can anyone help me with this? Thankyou very much Let's say that the expiration date of the contract is in cell B1, and you want all of row 1 to turn red when you are within 30 days of that date. Select row 1, the use format / Conditional formatting, select for...

how to color code a row of cells based on a specific cell value
Hi check out conditional formatting - Debra Dalgleish has some good notes on her website. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Cheers julieD "Parker1333" <Parker1333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79A73741-CBDB-4F49-B690-88C8F23FB362@microsoft.com... > ...

download or paste a calendar in a work sheet?
I created a work book with numerous work sheets. One of those sheets is named "events to attend" instead of manually entering the needed dates and info in the cells, I would like to download an excel calendar into this work sheet, is this possible ? I haven't been able to figure it out yet if possible? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Students and Teachers Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Thank-you Carl R If you mean a pop-up Calendar for date selection see Ron de Bruin's sote. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Excel automatically copied data from one cell to another...
One of my excel spreadsheets has started automatically copying data from one cell to another (or rather ROWS of data) without displaying any formula or explanation for the information. It seems to insert it about 10 - 20 rows apart, just one cell, and slips it in before one can notice it happening... Can anyone suggest anything? Jenny Is this reproducible? If so I'll take a look at the file for you. Do you get any warning when you open the workbook, asking to enable macros? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS &qu...

Hide column with locked cells
I have a worksheed that a users input data useing data validation. There are cloumns on the sheet that display data based on selections made in adjacent columns. The cells in these 'display column" contain formulas that I need to protect but I also want to enable the user to hide the display column to decluter if they need to. As best I can teel you cannot hide/unhide a column with locked cells. Is there a method or work around to do this? BTW Im using Excel 2007 On Jun 12, 2:49=A0pm, Robert H <robert.hatc...@l-3com.com> wrote: > I have a worksheed that a users input dat...

default cell format
Is there a way to set a "global" cell format such that when I enter a date, it's automatically set to the format I like to have, without having to re-format every cell? I'm not familiar with the newest versions of Excel, but I expect the process is similar to EXCEL97 with which I'm familiar. Construct a spread sheet with the desired format and save it in the Template directory as "CustomDate.xlt" On my machine, Microsoft's installation program placed those templates in the directory: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates" Subsequent...

Can Outlook Web Access see shared Calendars
Hello All! Exchange Server 2003 Outlook 2000 - 1 client Others - external Can the 'external' people who currently use OWA for their own calendars, Email, etc. somehow view the shared calendar that has been set up by the primary Outlook 2000 user who has shared out his mailbox calendar? I can't seem to find out how to make OWA 'open' this other, shared exchange calendar. Thanks in advance! - Ed No. And for future reference, OWA questions should be addressed to an Exchange group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

using functions empty cells
If I have a column of data that contains some empty cells, how can I use the average or var functions and have them ignore the empty cells? I have seen this before but can't find it now so I am hoping someone can point me to the correct way Thanks Chris Hi Inquirer, > how can I use the average or var functions and have them ignore the empty > cells? I think that Average and Var ignore empty cells, so use the functions 'as is'. --- Regards, Norman "inquirer" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in message news:435c6bb3$0$15138$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au......

flag cells
I am working with zip codes and when certain (around 25) zipcodes are entered, I need for the format of the cell to change colors. How can I go about doing this? Try this: Put the 25 zip codes in a vertical list on another sheet in the workbook. Name that list: Select the 25 cells, then In the Name box (Just above the Col_A heading) enter: LU_ZipList Press [Enter] Now, select an input cell (I'll use A2) Format>Conditional Formatting Select: "Formula Is" from the dropdown Formula: =ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,LU_ZipList,0)) (Note: No dollar signs in the A2 reference) Click the [Form...

delete a cell
I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't figure out which? "tatty" <btrafton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2BEB56B8-F65F-4104-9283-FCA2D9279EC1@microsoft.com... > I am trying to delete a single cell, but the worksheet does not allow me to do it. I have a choice to delete the whole row or the whole column. I just need to move cells up. I know I must have to set an option, but can't f...

keep the formatting of the cell found using Hlookup
I have a data table set up that has wingdings2 as the format (to show a box with a check mark). Each check indicates that a certain activity associated with the row in the table is in play(a service will be performed). If a service will not be performed than a box without a check mark in wingdings is in the table. When I do a Hlookup to bring each element to a summary report the lookup function returns the value which then must be reformatted. How do I make sure the Hlookup function brings accross not only the value but the format as well?? Preformat the cells with the HLOOKUP() fo...

Excel
Looking for an excel formula (to enter in a cell, not in vba) That will reference a set number of collumns over and return tha value. I am used to using vlookup, but it seems like overkill when all I wan it to reference x collumns over. x being a changeable value and store in a separate cell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may be looking for OFFSET e.g. =OFFSET($A$1,0,x) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Looking for an excel formula (to enter in a cell, not in vba) > > That will reference a set number of collumns over and return that > valu...

Default Cell Values & Save Changes Dialog Box
I have all but 2 cells locked and protected. I want other users to be able to change the values in these 2 cells in order to view their effect on various calculations. In addition, I'd like the workbook to do the following: 1. Not show the "Do you want to save changes?" dialog box, even though the user might have changed one or both of the values within the 2 cells. 2. Maintain default values within the 2 cells for the next user who might open the workbook, regardless of the final values the preceeding user entered. -- Thanks and Regards, timg. Put the following code...

VBA to select formula cells OK -but want certain cells with ColorI
Using XL 2003 & 97 The following subroutine works. That said, how can I fine formula cells with a "!" in the cell. (In short, probably a cell formula referring to another sheet) With the following code I would like all formula cells set to colorindex 6 (yellow) but all formula cells with "!" set to a color index of 3 (red) I tried to use an If statement but to no avail. Sub SelectFormulaColor() Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ActiveWindow.Dis...

Blank Cell instead of #N/A
Hi, =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) Is there a way to show "blank cell" instead of #N/A in the cell "A40"? Thanks Try: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:172f821a-f265-4032-a542-8f0ef893e5bd@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) > > Is there a way to show "blank cell&q...

Cell Formatting #4
I have a date in cell M3 02/07/2007 (format dd/mm/yyyy) and a date in cell P3 07/08/2007 (format dd/mm/yyyy). In E3 I have the formula =IF(AND(M3<>"",P3<>""),CONCATENATE(">",M3),M3) the result is >39265. I would like the result to be >02/07/2007. I need this format for copying to the criteria field of a filter. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Sandy =IF(AND(M3<>"",P3<>""),">"&TEXT(M3,"dd/mm/yyyy"),TEXT(M3,"dd/mm/yyyy")) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no sn...

return last four characters in a cell
I have cells containing dates in different formats: 01/01/04 2-3 June 2004 August 2003 How can I extract the last four (or two) characters to just get th years -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I know that following function works with this format: 01/01/04 If this date is shown in cell A1 use the TEXT function like this: TEXT(A1,"YY") If you enter this formula in another cell that cell will show 04 You'll have to see how it works with your different date formats... I hope it will work out regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If ...

Going to recurring calendar item from search
New to Outlook 2007 and this is probably a stupid question, but how do you view, on your calendar, the next recurring calendar item after finding it via search? If I do a search for a recurring calendar item, open the item and then click on "Calendar" on the found event, it brings me right back to the search page, not the Calendar. Anyone know why? "richh" <richh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E904F0FD-94F1-4E77-B8C6-7E910D3EF7B0@microsoft.com... > New to Outlook 2007 and this is probably a stupid question, but how do you > vi...

calendar issues with column headings #6
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way to chan...

Access 2002 Calendar control with meeting schedule
Hi - I have had a request to add a calendar to my access 2002 application. Thats easy enough as I know there is a calendar control built into Access. Problem is that the request if for the calendar to be able to book out the meeting room. So people can click on a date and see the room is free from say 9am-10am and then add their booking to reserve the room. Not so easy. It would be like the calendar functionality of Outlook where you can see what you personally have scheduled in time slots. Is there any controls people could recommend to handle this? I'm pretty experienced so prepared t...

Selected cell highlighting has vanished...no shading now.
Suddenly, the shading in the selected cell is gone. Now, when selecting a group of cells for entry, you can't tell which is the active cell. What happened..or more importantly, how do I fix it? ...

search for cell value and return row values
I am attaching a sheet to explain the problem better If col E is Y, then result is col D If col E is N, then search for the same order value in col A in the rest of the sheet and return col B and col C values for all rows that contain it search for cell value and return row values THANKS Attachment filename: book1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=426400 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you want to total all the results for the same order, you can use the following formula in cell F3, and co...

Is my Prodcut ID valid?
I'm having problems with my Outlook 2002 at my office. The original Office XP disk is lost. I found a few Office Basic 2003 disks that were not opened and want to find out if these product ID's have been activated. Is there a way to do this without actually going thru the install process? I don not want to lose what I have if the install is not allowed. No I believe Basic version is an oem version "landscaper" <landscaper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048C1C6F-379B-4656-AB2D-0E2F38DEE8A3@microsoft.com... > I'm having problems w...

Setup failed to validate Report Server
I've been having trouble installing CRM 3.0 Professional and connecting to an existing SQL Server 2005 Report Server (on a different machine). The error message is: Setup failed to validate Report Server 'url' - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, it was permissions issue on the C:\Windows\temp folder of the machine where Report Server was installed. After changing permissions so the Report Server was able to read/write that folder, CRM installed. Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else...

Dragging data without changing cell borders
Does anyone know how to drag data only from one cell to others, without dragging borders, colours, etc. so I don't have to go back and fix up all the borders and colours again? Is there a simple setting which allows dragging of data to be done where only the data is dragged? Colin Gibson Hi Colon, Assuming you have text values and not formulas. Rather than dragging you could copy (ctrl+C) or Cut (Ctrl+X) and then Edit, Paste Special, Values If you have numbers or formulas you would have to paste formula, and format separately. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Exce...