Calculating perfect combination of numbers to end up as close to 1700.0 as possible

Hello,

I'm stuck with a problem. I use the following file:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...culations.jpg/
(which works perfectly)

The file uses MAX 15 different numbers (as seen in the IgG (g) column, 2 left of the red circled column).
Basicly what I want excel to do is to calculate all different possible combinations from that list and tell me which batches (1 till 15) I would have to use to come as close to 1700 gram in total as possible.

Like if I use the numbers 1 till 14, I would get a total of 1675.7 gram. Which comes pretty close to 1700, but there is probably a combination which comes closer to 1700. I want that combination

This problem is way beyond my excel/VBA skills and would very much appreciate if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look here...
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index.html
--
Jim Cone