Calculating no of work days between two dates

Please advise how to calculate the number of work days (excludin
weekeends and holidays) between two date

--
fluffywhitedo
fluffywhitedoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3528

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)

holidays is a range of holiday dates.

You will need to have the Analysis Toolpak installed, Tools>Addins, and
cheek it.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"fluffywhitedoh"
<fluffywhitedoh.298avb_1150014001.9675@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:fluffywhitedoh.298avb_1150014001.9675@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35288
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550759

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Date display in Excel

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Data migration - Adventure Works

Forumla to calculate a percentage
I have a column of figures that I need to calculate that if the figure in column A is Transport costs to us is �100 and column B is the price sold to the customer is �25.00, i need the third column to work out < 72% Theoretical Transport Recovery in other words if the value in column B is <72% mark it red Like wise for fuel is the value in column B is <132% mark it red Try as I might I cannot get it to work it out any ideas Julie, This formula gives the correct percentage... =(B1-A1)/A1 Format the formula cell with this custom number format... 0%;[Red]-0% If you don'...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

date function #3

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

Bank One Download is not working

Calculating the 95% confidence inteval of a slope
As a low key user, I can calcualte the slope of a line from the x and y values, but I don't know how to determine how good the estimate is. Can someone help? -- Seeker 1) Using Analysis ToolPac Regression tool. See http://www.jeremymiles.co.uk/regressionbook/extras/appendix2/excel/ http://www.stat.wmich.edu/s216/book/node128.html 2) With LINEST and/or STEYX. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011119631033.aspx quote:The STEYX function calculates the standard error of a regression, a measure of the amount of error accrued in predicting a y for each given x. Th...

Option trades with past expiry dates not showing up in Portfolio M
Hello: Money 2006 Portfolio Manager does not show closed option trades that have expiry dates in the past, even when the "show closed positions" is checked. The transactions are still there in the investment accounts, just not visible in portfolio manager. I just called microsoft support and have notified them of the issue and hope that this issue is fixed as an update. If not, it pretty much makes the portfolio manager (and Microsoft Money 2006) useless for option trading investors. "MumbaiBabu" <MumbaiBabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

How do you sort a date range by month?
We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in a given month using excel. You could use a helper column, with something like = A2. Format this (Format - Cells - Number - Custom: mmm. Now you can use Data - Subtotals, "At each change in: Month" and "Use function: Count." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brewisc13" <Brewisc13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E02AAC-8216-43F5-846F-E981E978E44B@microsoft.com... > We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in...

vb date and ssn textbox formats
Ok, so maybe I am crazy...but I have checked "Visual Basic 6 how t program", and "Visual basic 5 teach yourself in 24 hrs" for and exampl or how to format a text box on a user form to accept and display date and Social Security Numbers in the specified format. Thanks Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Date TextBox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") SSNs TextBox1.Text = Format(mySSN, "000-00-0000") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mai...

Compact Now feature doesn;t seem to work...
I still have a 600+ MB in-box. ANyone know hwta might keep it from compacting? I did empty the trash. Compacting only works when there is a certain percentage of white space in the file (I think it's something like 4%)...if there isn't, Outlook doesn't think there's anything to compact. Also, if you leave Outlook open long enough, background compaction will be taking place. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5feb01c474ce$23bb29d0...

Two calendar dates in one cell..??
I have a Microsoft Publisher calendar document that was created in 2005 that shows the dates Monday - Sunday. When I print it, it will not print out any dates that fall after the fifth week (eg January 2006 it prints up to January 29th but not the 30th or 31st). These are in an "overflow" area. But when I open the calendar part in Word to edit the calendar, it appears normally and that sixth week shows up just fine. I need that sixth week to print OR I need to do the split date feature (I would prefer the split date). How can I set up the numbers in one of those cells so i...

How can I get the trial balloon to work?
I've downloaded the Works program trial balloon over and over, but when I try to use the program it tells me to use a product key and the key I was given (every time) doesn't work. ...

What if formulas and calculations
I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fields e.g. A1 = Y or N B1 = Y or N C1 = 32 D1 = a number E1 is for the result Required: If A1 = Y and B1 = Y then E1 = C1 * D1 else E1 = D1 All I can get is FALSE if either A1 or B1 is not Y but is both are Y then I get the correct result =IF(AND(A1="Y",B1="Y"),C1*D1,D1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "BJS" <BJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60CBD837-9F0A-4AB9-88CC-7493705AAA33@microsoft.com... >I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fie...