Calculating average discarding lowest value

How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am
requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions.
Thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I think it would be =(SUM(range)-MIN(range)) / (count(range)-1))

replace the word range with your actual range A1:A5 eg,

http://www.excel-ant.co.uk

inspiredtoo wrote:
> How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am
> requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions.
> Thanks

0
abmorgan (17)
7/29/2006 10:22:29 PM
Thanks, that is a great help and it did work, however it only requires one
bracket after the -1, or at least that is what the "formula fixer" put on.
You have been a great help.

"somethinglikeant" wrote:

> I think it would be =(SUM(range)-MIN(range)) / (count(range)-1))
>
> replace the word range with your actual range A1:A5 eg,
>

> http://www.excel-ant.co.uk
>

> inspiredtoo wrote:
> > How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am
> > requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions.
> > Thanks

=AVERAGE(IF(rng<>MIN(rng),rng))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"somethinglikeant" <abmorgan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I think it would be =(SUM(range)-MIN(range)) / (count(range)-1))
>
> replace the word range with your actual range A1:A5 eg,
>

> http://www.excel-ant.co.uk
>

> inspiredtoo wrote:
> > How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest
value--I am
> > requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions.
> > Thanks

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)