Calculated Field of the Average+2*stddevp in pivot table

Hello,

I have a pivot table that includes columns (fields) for Average and
Stddevp.  What I would like to do is include a new column ( Calculated
Field ??) of the Average+2*stddevp or better yet  =Percentile( variable
name,.8).  I cannot get these to happen.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated
Thanks,
JB

0
jbesr1230 (21)
2/17/2005 5:56:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...

Text Form Fields
Not sure if I have posted this in the right area, but here goes. I am more familiar with excel so working with forms in word is new to me. I have been tasked with developing a number of forms at work in Word 2003 for posting on our website. A guy who left, and is now not contactable, developed a whole range of forms before he left. He made sure the forms could be filled in online by inserting text editable fields for client use (both the 'greyed out' section and dotted lines can be seen when viewing and completing online and the dotted lines auto-delete as text is inserte...

Is It Possible? #2
Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by typing in the "2" and have it now have a value of 6? I'm trying to avoid having a list that adds and then link the total cell. I've never done this and don't recall ever seeing it done. press F2 and then key in +2 in the cell following the current contents documike wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I > have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by t...

Pivot Table #21
In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them so that they show in groups such as: 1-100,101-200,201-300,301-400. then a second column showing values number sold such as:1-100 31 then a third column showing the avg. sales price suchas:1-100 31 $94,451.61 Hi Right click on a value>Group and Outline>Group>by 100>OK -- Regards Roger Govier "fearthespear" <fearthespear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67455DF6-C775-4758-B731-65805B359728@microsoft.com... > In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them s...

Deleting Sales Receipts
I need to reduce my db size... Many have posted about the Retail Realms archiving utility. This sounds like a great app, but since I'm somewhat familiar with the db schema in RMS and know SQL, I would like to attempt it on my own. Has anyone tried removing sales history through SQL? What tables should be cleared, does anyone have a script that they use? I understand that a backup should be made prior to any changes :) Paul Paul, To see what tables are taking up all the space run this query: ------------------------- SELECT [total size KB], B.rows, O.name FROM (select sum(convert(de...

Outlook Rules Problem #2
Hi there, I am using Win XP Pro with Office 2000 Pro, all updates applied. During the last few weeks I've had problems with e-mails being automatically put into my Deleted Items folder, from one specific address for which there is nothing in the Block Senders list and no Rule either. I have had to disable the "automatically empty deleted items folder upon exit" in order to prevent these e-mails from disappearing into oblivion. Every day they keep going in there. I often use OE6 to create HTML e-mails and I bcc these in order to capture them in Outlook to eventually go into m...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

Dumb question... how to create a Enterprise Formula Custom Field
Guys, I'm writing because I've tried and search but can't get it ... From PWA I created a Project Custom Field "MyField" of type Text with the formula "Hello World", I tried with " and '. When I open a project the field returns #ERROR. I published to see if magic happens, but nothing. I did the same with type number and formula 10, same result. So In the end, I can't get any formula to work. What am I doing wrong ... I googled with no success. Perhaps try opening the project and hitting the F9 button to refresh calculations? Does ...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL?? #2
I have several calendars in public folders that I would like to get listed in the GAL. My goal is to leave them in public folders, AND list them in the GAL so that users can invite them as resources when creating meetings. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!!! Have you mail-enabled the Public Folder? Once you do that, it should show up in the GAL. That aside, you can invite the PF's as resources all you want, but you will never be able to see Free/Busy information, and the PF's will not be able to accept meeting requests. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Bigfoot moe.ron&...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

Logo On receipt #2
I am unable to print our store logo on to our receipts. It will show in manager but not print in manager. The image is monochromatic B&W. It is under the 20k regulation. It is correctly directed in administrator. It shows in the preview under database – registers - receipt - formats - 40 column - properties – properties. It is listed in the logo filename header and has “” around it. I go to print and no logo on receipt and no space for the logo. It will also not print in Store Operations, nor will it show on the receipt in journal viewer but it will show on the receipt in journal vi...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Calculating on Query
Hello, I have a table "A": A_ID A_Date A_Qty A_Factor If i wanna count "A", I use Count(A... If I wanna Addition, I use Sum(A How can I make multiplication of "A_Factor" in a query? ex: first A_Factor * second A_factor * third A_Factor ... Regards, Henderson Add the log of A_Factor and then convert the result. For example. Exp(Sum(Log(A_Factor))) If the number gets to be too large you will get an error. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. &quo...

Event Log Error #2
We have recently upgraded a client to Exchange 2003. We used one of the MS guides to help with the process. All seemed to have gone well except we are now getting the following Event error... Source:MSExchangeMTA Event ID: 9318 An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 202, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name EXHANGE01 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We have removed the server named in the text using the method pre...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

CALCULATING DEPRECIATION USING ACCESS
HOW DO I DO IT? Why don't you ask the Access newsgroup instead of the Microsft CRM ng? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "PATRICK" <PATRICK@GLWHOLESALE.COM> wrote in message news:026d01c352d1$755a23b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > HOW DO I DO IT? ...

Pivot table grouping (URGENT!)
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has currency amounts in the column and a count of claims in the data area. I have grouped by 100, starting at 0 running to 600. The only thing I'm questioning is when it gets to 200 I think its including any spend in the group 100-200 then again in the group 200-300. Is there anyway I can get the grouping to run from 0-100, then 101-200, 201-300 etc? Please advise -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 When you group by 100, the groups shouldn't overlap. If you start at 0, it should automatically group by 0-99, 100-199, etc. Adam w...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice #2
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001"...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

Locked For Editing #2
When I try to open an excel file, it gives an error message as "locked for editing by another user". I opened task manager and clicked processes tab. I chose end processes for all the exe files. I deleted the owner file using my computer. It still gives me that same damn message. Any help will be appreciated. Max Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You c...

Fillin fields in template behave differently on different workstat
Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update when accessed e.g. file, new, "fax.dot" on one PC will automatically bring up field but same template on another PC will create a new document but not run the fields. I know I can write VB code to update fields but this then runs fillin fields twice on some PCs. Also when fillin fields run cannot see document behind the input boxes (some PCs only). Thanks in advance Lulu On 31/05/2010 9:12 AM, LuLu wrote: > Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update > ...

Barcoding Customers #2
I would like to start barcoding customer account cards and customer loyalty cards. Any suggestions? -- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs For something inexpensive, go to the Avery paper website. Download their Design Pro Limited program create a business card size with your info on it, with an incremental barcode number on it and print to a business card stock, either from Avery or any supplier with the same dimensions. http://tinyurl.com/7mma For something fancier, go to Google and type gift or id cards. I have customers who purchased from vanguardid.com -- ...