C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings

Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from
excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double
values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to
return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to
construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like
objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings
to excel? Thanks

DLL.c
#ifdef BUILD_DLL
#define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport)
#endif
EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){
  return num + 2;
}

COMPILE mydll.dll
c:\> gcc -c -DBUILD_DLL dll.c
c:\> gcc -shared -o mydll.dll dll.o -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias

IN VBA:
Private Declare Function add2 Lib "c:/mydll" _
   (ByVal num As Long) As Long
0
franco1 (1)
6/24/2009 3:42:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

number rounding in MS Excel

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

compact database in VBA access 2007

Visual C++ 2005 always rebuilds
I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. However now the project always rebuilds entirely whenever I start debugging. Even if I have only made a simple change to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Colin Check the date on your source files to make sure that they are not in the future. AliR. "Colin J Paterson" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ObtLxgTbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. > However now the project always rebuild...

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Help with simple(?) VBA function

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003