Browse for folder

Hi All,
How to call "Browse for folder" dialog form.And then
return the selected foder path as string on cell A4.
Thank's

rgds,

shiro

Sorry if this is a repost.
I can't see my last 2 posts on another newsgroup.

0
shiro (16)
6/5/2008 6:58:56 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

After install office2003sp2, OL2003 cache client cannot locally managed "public folder>favorites"
Hi there, Previously with o2k3sp1 running on wxpsp2, in ol2003 cache mode, after adding public folders to Favorites, I can "save as" the email to local harddisk as msg file, after email saved I can delete it from my "favorites", in which did not affect the original public folder as the email stil there. However after install o2k3 sp2, for public folders in "favorites" found that I cannot "save as" msg file, prompted "you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation", I cannot "delete" the meail in public fold...

Assign rights to public folders
Is there any way for me to give a owner rights, or at least author rights to all public folders for a group of users in Exchange 2003? I need to give some of our support staff full rights to all 100 of our public folders. We continually add folders so I'd like to be able to assign the rights to all public folders so it's a default thing. Thanks In news:uQDXNknyFHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, Sander <noemail@noemail.com> typed: > Is there any way for me to give a owner rights, or at least author > rights to all public folders for a group of users in Exchange 2003?...

How do I open backed up outlook email folders (.dbx files)??
Hi. I had a computer crash and am now working on another computer. I had backed up mail files onto cd. The identities files. How can I open these up to view them? When I open them in wordpad much of them are jumbled up and some seem to large to open at all. When I click open with outlook express it just opens up outlook but no folders. I tried copying them into one of the identities on this computer but it crashed oulook when I try to open it. I wasn't prepared for this problem. Thanks, Gene You have to copy frm cd to hd, then ensure read only flag is off, before attempting to Op...

error message on opening outlook 2007 re personal folders
I am running Outllok 2007 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine while running MS Office 2003 Word and Excel. Outlook 2003 would not work on this machine. All was fine for a couple of months, but now every time I open Outlook, I get a message telling me it wasn't shut down correctly and it needs to fix the personal folders. I haven't installed any new software in that time so don't know what's happened. Is there a 'fix' for this? Outlook 2003 runs fine on win7 64 bit What Outlook add-ins are installed? eg AV, sync tools etc? "Sheahan" <Sheaha...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Save Task Folder
How do I save a Task Folder in the Public Folders including saving all the custom views and information in the folder? ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I deleted manually contact folders that were created with VBA These deleted folders still appear in the list "Show names from the : " in the address book The contacts themselves still apparear in each deleted folder! I do not understand why. Did I miss something when I created them with VBA? How can I clean that list with VBA and fix the situation ? Many thanks Do those contacts folders show up in the Folder List? Where are they now, under Deleted Items? If so just delete them from there. If you delete something using the Outlook object mode...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Mail TO: "Show Names From" missing folders
Hello all, Re: OL2k3: Under Contacts I have several folders including Contacts (Folder1,2.etc.) When sending a new mail the TO:. dropdown window (select names) "Show Names From The" sows only: Address Book and Contacts but not the other folders. How can I have OL show all the folders? Any solution or workaround would be much appreciated, TIA, Manuel On the Properties dialog for each folder, check the Outlook Address Book = box.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http:/...

Net folder not receiving updates.........
Hello there. Outlook 2000. Net folder can send updates but will not receive them. User has Author permissions and the items are NOT ticked private. (Outlook help suggests both these scenarios !) Any ideas?? T.I.A ...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook to automatically file emails from my inbox to the appropriate folder for a sender but only after the have been in my inbox for a set period of time. Setting up a rule for moving the mail from a specific sender is fairly straight forward and you can select a specific period in time such as: 02/01/08 - 09/01/08 but i cannot find a way to do this when an email has been in my inbox for longer than a week. Can anyone help? Regards paulsmith999 Rules work when received or sent vba / macro might be able to do this <paul@paulsmith999.freeserve.co.uk> w...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Take ownership of a public folder
Can you as the administrator take ownership of an Exchange public folder and if so how? Pull up properties of the folder in the admin program - go to client permissions and give your account owner rights. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "crmcmurray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

"not a personal folders file"
I am trying to open an Outlook 2003 PST file. However, each time I get the message that this file "is not a personal folders file". I have checked and the file is NOT Read-Only. Also, the Inbox Repair Tool, scanpst.exe, did not help. Any ideas how to resolve this problem? Thank you. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:6ba73d47.0407242121....

Granting access to sub-folders for other users
Can someone tell me how I can give users access to a particular user's sub-folder in contacts. I'm using Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Check Tools | Services | Delivery. Is the default delivery location set to the Exchange Server mailbox? If so, try this: First of all, display the folder list if it's not already displayed (View | Folder List). Right click the top-level folder in the list (Mailbox - <person's name) and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, grant the folder visible permission to all that need to see the Contacts subfolder. W...

How to Show Folder Contents as "Tiles" in 4 Columns?
In windows explorer, when displaying the contents of a folder, I would like to display the contents as tiles in 4 columns. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to use a "thumbnails" view or an "icons" view--I want to use a "tiles" view, and I would like to get 4 columns, but I can't find any way to change the existing 3 column display format. I have looked for various folder options or preferences in windows explorer, but I don't see anything that will help. Any ideas? Thanks. As a test, I just displayed Windows Explorer in s...

How do I save email message from Ms Outlook eg In Box or folders .
good day. i would like to back up email message save in Outlook folders on a hard disck. Can you tell me how to do this? Program = MS Outlook 2003 Thank you On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:11:01 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >good day. > >i would like to back up email message save in Outlook folders on a hard >disck. Can you tell me how to do this? Program = MS Outlook 2003 > All of your mail, contacts, etc. are in a file with a .pst extension. Make certain that you can view hidden files before you do a search for your .pst file. When...

Files in Temp Folder
Dear NG: Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 : Service Pack 3) Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702 Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1593.0 AVG free 8.5.339 Money Version: 17.0.120.1415 No Spybot, No Ad-Aware Recently I've noticed many files in my "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp" folder. Most of them appear to be Money related. For example, MNYxx.htm, and MNYxx.surfplace, where xx represents a number/letter combination. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks, -Kevin ...

Outlook Express will not download my folder list
When I try and add my free email account (daniel_mercado78@msn.com)to outlook express, it gives me an error stating that it can not download my folder list. So I am unable to add this account. Can anyone help me out with this issue. ...