bmp within header or footer

It seems I am not able to put a bmp of my company logo of the header or
footer.  If I want to have my logo on a spreadsheet, it can only be in the
body of the spreadsheet, and looks goofy as it is "dangling" below the
header area.
Any tips/tricks???

Thanxs from SoCal

0
jdignam (4)
8/20/2004 9:37:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
what Excel version are you using?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Justin" <jdignam@sbcglobal.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> It seems I am not able to put a bmp of my company logo of the header
or
> footer.  If I want to have my logo on a spreadsheet, it can only be
in the
> body of the spreadsheet, and looks goofy as it is "dangling" below
the
> header area.
> Any tips/tricks???
>
> Thanxs from SoCal

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/20/2004 9:45:39 PM
Justin

That would depend upon which version of Excel you are using.

Versions earlier than 2002(XP) did not have the functionality for adding a
graphic to a header or footer.

In earlier versions you had about 3 options....

1.  Pre-print the logo on blank paper then use that paper for printing.

2.  Convert the logo to a Font using one of the converters from a 'net search.

3.  Insert the logo in row 1 and use row 1 as "Rows to repeat at top".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:37:13 -0700, "Justin" <jdignam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>It seems I am not able to put a bmp of my company logo of the header or
>footer.  If I want to have my logo on a spreadsheet, it can only be in the
>body of the spreadsheet, and looks goofy as it is "dangling" below the
>header area.
>Any tips/tricks???
>
>Thanxs from SoCal

0
Gord

Multiple reports within one report
I want to create a single report so the pagination (header and footer info would be consistent).... BUT, this report will be composed of a series of small table-style reports, each accompanied by a pie chart. My problem is that the client wants the pie charts NEXT to the tabular report. So, I have a subreport on the left, which can be set to grow or shring, and a pie chart on the right, which appears to be limited to whatever size I make it. Beneath each report will be a section of "free-form" comments pertaining to the report. The problem is that I have approximately 8 of these...

Autoshapes within a chart
I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of a bar chart to denote a highlighted section of a timespan. I can get the transparent autoshape in the chart but I can't get it to move behind the bars. Can anybody help? Many thanks Renee Hi Renee, I don't think you will be able to do that. Instead have a look at Jon's example of quadrent area. You should be able to adapt this technique to give you a highlighted section. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html) Renee wrote: > I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of...

freezing panes but just the first line (or column header info)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Not even sure what I'm looking for in Excel, but I've seen it done, just don't know how to do it. Looking to freeze ONLY the very first line which is my header or column headings. I want to be able to scroll down the massive list I have and still see the column headings there on top. Menu: Window > Freeze Panes, sort of does this, but I can't figure out how to make it just the very first line? You'd think this was something easy to find in Excel? Freeze Panes applies to the row(s) above ...

How to display HTML that is the data within and XML file.
Someone generates an XML file. The data in the file is HTML. She sends the file to me. I upload it to my site. A page on the site will extract the HTML and assign it to a Literal so it is displayed. The probem is that it is error prone for her not to see HTML in a browser. It would appear that she could develop the HTML in a HTML editor then cut and pasete into the XML. But I only showed one section - there are actually many sections in the file. And the HTML is usually quite simple. If she could just view it before sending it to me would be sufficient. Is there any way...

reference a gridview column header
I have a gridview with column headers. These differ slightly from the underlying table. Example is the table has ChangeRequestStatus while gridview has Status. On a label below the gridview I have what is being sorted. Rather then the table I would prefer to have the gridview column header. The line below provides what the underlying datatable has. lblSortColumn.Text = "Sorted by: " + e.SortExpression; I am not getting what would be used to show the gridview column header. Any assistance in this is welcomed. Thanks. John "JohnE" <JohnE@disc...

iis on xp does not start The server {A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout
When I try to start iis I get 2 errors Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: Service Control Manager Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 7024 Data: 21/02/2010 Ora: 11.39.32 Utente: N/D Computer: D630 Descrizione: The IIS Admin Service service terminated with service-specific error 2148073478 (0x80090006). and Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: DCOM Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 10010 Data: 21/02/2010 Ora: 11.40.02 Utente: D630\Administrator Computer: D630 Descrizione: The server {A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750} did not register with DCOM within...

Keeping Footers with Detail
I have a report that has several footers with subreports. How do I stop the subreports/footers from extending across the page break. I want to keep all the data for a record on one page. Thanks. Ken wrote: >I have a report that has several footers with subreports. How do I stop the >subreports/footers from extending across the page break. > >I want to keep all the data for a record on one page. Which record? The main report record or some/all subreports? In general, you can use a section's KeepTogether property to keep the section on a page (assumi...

Custom footer
I have a 3 page worksheet that needs page numbers. I need the page numbers to start with a number other than 1. I have tried to use &[Page]+ and add the number i need to add to the actual page number but it is not working. I tried &[Page]+2 and my footer said Page 12. I dont understand. Any suggestions? -- thanks There's a bug in some WinXL versions that produces your results. You need to put a space character after the 2 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;48198 Or try using the normal page number with File/Page Setup/Sheet First Pa...

How to send a self installing .xla within a .xls workbook application
Hello All I want to deploy a .xla application to the end users about 80 people. I have built a .xls based Excel VBA application that uses the .xla. The .xla is a 3rd party application. When I send my .xls Excel VBA custom application I want to send the .xla alongwith the same. I have tried several things like OLE embedding the .XLA in the .xls it does not work. Wondering what is the best way I can send the .xla application with the .xls Excel Workbook application so when users press the Install button or whatever on the custom .xls application it must be able to extract the .xla and put it in...

How can I convert a snap file to .bmp or .jpeg for editing?
How can I convert a snap file to .bmp or .jpeg for editing without purchasing expensive software that won't be used again? I don't know about conveting to bmp (I wouldn't recommend) or jpg, but I normally convert them to pdf since everyone has acrobat reader (or another pdf reader). To do so you can use Lebans Report2PDF for free. http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. &quo...

plotting location of a number within a range
Hi, I'm trying to create a chart showing where a number falls within a range. For example, given the following: Number Min Median Max 110 90 105 120 What I would like to do is plot a bar something like this: |============||=*==========| 90 105 120 there the * on this chart indicates the "Number" field. I have tried a variety of things without success. All suggestions welcome. Thanks. Steve Steve, you can probably achieve what you are trying to do by plotting the numbers as points with no lines joining t...

Header pane & ng name colors
Why are some of the headers red but the rest either dk grey (unread) or washed-out-grey (read)? Why are a couple of the names of newsgroups (not in the same account) red instead of dk grey? None of these "red" cases seem to have anything in common -- they're not just threads I've participated in, it's not all of the threads I've participated in, it's not all the newsgroups with recent traffic I have participated in, it's not even just ngs with recent traffic that I've been in at some point. It certainly isn't a filter that's gotten ...

BMP Display Problem
hi i am newbie to MFC..i am loading BITMAP file ON_FILE_OPEN. it showing BMP file correctly..but when my window is maximised bitmap gets disappeared...i want to load my bmp on file open only and want to keep that until application is closed ..my code OnFileOpen() is as follows : void BMPView::OnFileOpen(){ CString szFilename("C:\\xyz.bmp"); // just take any bmp file HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage(NULL,szFilename, IMAGE_BITMAP,0,0, LR_LOADFROMFILE|LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); CBitmap bmp; bmp.Attach(hBmp); CClientDC dc(this); CDC bmDC; bmDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap *pOldbm...

Full headers for Outlook Express
We need to print out - for a court case - emails. I need to have the full headers print as well and they aren't. I need the time stmap, ISP numbers, etc. How can I turn this on? Thanks. wstine@hotmail.com wstine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We need to print out - for a court case - emails. I need > to have the full headers print as well and they aren't. > I need the time stmap, ISP numbers, etc. > > How can I turn this on? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: that option isn't available, but there are work-arounds.) -- Brian ...

How can i set the style of a CTreeCtrl within a CTreeView ?
Im using a MFC CTreeView which fits nicely with what im trying to do. I need to change the style of the nested CTreeCtrl. There is no easy way to do this, the documentation points to using SetWindowLong. void CMyTreeView::OnInitialUpdate() { CTreeView::OnInitialUpdate(); CTreeCtrl& tree = GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM root_item = tree.InsertItem(CString("MyProject")); HTREEITEM init_request = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 1"), root_item); HTREEITEM doc_package = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 2"), root_item); ASSERT(tree.GetSafeHwnd() != NULL ); ::Set...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

how to sum highest ranking values meeting criteria within a limit?
I need a function that will sum the n largest values in an array, where the values are less then x and are not #N/A, meet a criteria in a seperate array, and where the total of the sum is less then or equal to y. How can I do this? Thanks. :) For example, here is my data: Code: -------------------- name type value alpha g 1 bravo 5 charlie g 2 delta g #N/A echo 3 foxtrot g 7 -------------------- I want a function that will find the sum of the largest two values that are "g" that add to 8 or less. So t...

wrong result Paste within same row while filtered condition applie
senario col A col B col c col D P1 9 9 9 P2 1 9 P3 9 9 my steps apply in sequencial order 1) filtering the column B - selected only 9 (P1 & P3 was being sortlisted in this case) 2) I copy the filtered ranges from P1 & P3, paste to col C "expected" to see into same row P1 & P3 only (exclude P2 becaused it was not selected) 3)Result as the original p1 & p3 was copies into wrong row at P1 & p2 like above col c 4) I am interested to have the result sample in col d whereby ...

How to clear internet cache when browsing within Money?
How do I clear internet cache when browsing within Money? TIA. From IE Internet Options|General|Delete files... Money just uses IE in its window. "KcN" <QIWITGZQGJGJ@spammotel.com> wrote in message news:%23ITIEJmMFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do I clear internet cache when browsing within Money? TIA. > While in IE options - Advanced - scroll all the way down and check the "Empty Temp internet files when browser is closed..." box and it'll flush after exiting IE automatically each time. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-...

Hide Report Controls in Report Footer
I have about 8 label, 8 textbox controls plus a subreport in my report footer. In the OnFormat event, I know I can set each control's visible property to false if I need to. Is there a way to iterate through the report footer and set the visible property of any control found to false or true? On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:50:33 -0500, scott wrote: > I have about 8 label, 8 textbox controls plus a subreport in my report > footer. In the OnFormat event, I know I can set each control's visible > property to false if I need to. > > Is there a way to iterate through the r...

Headers and Footers #2
I just opened publisher 2000 for the first time and do not have success with mirrored headers. I have given myself 6 pages, created a header and a footer on the background layer, went through the mirrored pages routine and went back to the foreground page. The footers mirror, but the header does not. What have I missed? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from D. Small Gilligan <jgillig1@nycap.rr.com>... > I just opened publisher 2000 for the first time and do not have > success with mirrored headers. > I have given myself 6 pages, created ...

using VBA to print Header & footer
Hi, What VBA code should I use in a worksheet so it will print a header & Footer? On Nov 28, 12:43=A0pm, nickbest_l...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > What VBA code should I use in a worksheet so it will print a header & > Footer? Have you tried doing it manually while recording a macro...?? On Nov 28, 9:29=A0pm, Don Guillett <dguille...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Nov 28, 12:43=A0pm, nickbest_l...@hotmail.com wrote: > > > Hi, > > What VBA code should I use in a worksheet so it will print a header & > > Footer? > > Have you tried doing it manua...

How can I clear the list of built-in footers in Excel?
How can I clear the list of built-in footers in Excel? Assuming you are talking about Print Footers: Select... FILE / PAGE SETUP / CUSTOM FOOTER Then highlight the section (left, center or right) and delete the contents. Select... OK / OK Programatically, you would use something like... '/============================/ Sub FootersDelete() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = "" .CenterFooter = "" .RightFooter = "" End With End Sub '/============================/ HTH -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com ...

MFC Problem: loading a bmp from harddisk
hi, I was to load a bmp file from the harddisk, but the GetObject() cause the problem, why? is it because I did not set the file address properly? Thanks for your help, Lin.S. void CGraphView::OnGraphLoadifile() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CDC *pDC; pDC = GetDC(); //DC -> client area, for drawing CBitmap bitmap; HBITMAP hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage( NULL, "donut.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0,0, LR_LOADFROMFILE); bitmap.Attach(hbitmap); //create a compatible dc CDC dcComp; dcComp.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); //select the bitmap file into dcComp dcComp....

Inserted picture from file must be printed over/behind footer
We want to print a picture (including company's logo) on every page of=20 a document. We insert an EPS file in one of the tile cells, and it = appears=20 on every page, EXCEPT the part of the image at the bottom of the page=20 where the footer appears. The image is cut off where the footer=20 starts. Is there one way or another to let the image be continued (over or=20 behind) the footer ? Regards, Jan ...