Bloated Spreadsheet Size

I have a spreadsheet that I made some nice charts in, but have since
deleted, yet the file size is still massive at 5 megs.  Any ideas on how to
purge a spreadsheet?  Using Excel 2003.

0
noway6357 (8)
5/12/2005 2:15:08 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Einstine" <noway@nohow.net> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet that I made some nice charts in, but have since
>deleted, yet the file size is still massive at 5 megs.  Any ideas on how to
>purge a spreadsheet?  Using Excel 2003.

0
terre081 (3244)

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

-1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs. Event Type: Error Event Source: NTDS SDPROP Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 2008 Date: 28/07/2004 Time: 6:38:04 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON Computer: TLSAD1 Description: Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected. Object: CN=internal 29176...

max size
is there a max file size that excel can handle? or a max number of rows or columns? or both? Joe From Help on "Specifications" Worksheet and workbook specifications............. Worksheet size 65,536 rows by 256 columns Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) See the rest of the Specs in Help for more info. Also visit Charles Williams' site for info on Memory and Limits http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:41:50 -0400, "Joe" <junk@junk.com> wrote: > >is there...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

Autofill spreadsheet of images
Hope I've got the right thread.... I have a folder of 120 images that I wish to "insert" into to a spreadsheet. I wish to create a file where the first collumn is the file name and the second collumn is the actual image. Being a naturally lazy person (who isnt?) is there a way of "auto" inserting the file names of a folder and the images? Google is your friend excel:insert images macro http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=excel%3ainsert+images+macro -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sale...

How to size an activex ?
Hello, I wrote an ActiveX in MFC. I use it in a C# application (forms). My computer has a screen resolution of 1280x1024 with 96PPP (Important !!) I insert my activex in a form, I compile and run all is ok !! But now I want to use my application in an other computer with screen resolution of 1280x1024 but with 120 PPP. The size of my activeX is not correct !! External size is biggest than what I design! I suppose it's a problem of physical and logical size, but i d'ont know how to be independant of the ppp value. I want to design my form on any computer and obtain the same look ...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Opening Excel spreadsheet in MAC
I did a database of names and addresses in Excel 2000 and would like to share it with a Mac user. Any hope? To make matters worse, the Mac user is our secretary and others in our organization need to read her stuff too. As long as you saved your database as an Excel file, it will open fine in MacXL. Mac and Win Office file formats are identical for the last 4 versions of each. In article <98EEE2DC-7705-4EB0-ADB8-E0E999C82B0D@microsoft.com>, "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a database of names and addresses in Excel 2000 and would like to...

database size question #2
Hi all - Trying to get a little perspective. Currently running 5.5 sp4 - my priv.edb is 46GB - is this considered big? The storage is big and fast - if 46GB is not considered big, what is - what have some of the larger 5.5 priv.edb been? When I move to 2003 by the end of year, I plan on throwing a large NAS box and using iscsi for the exchange database(s) - and finally giving my users 'unlimited' email storage - what is considered big for a 2003 private store? Many thanks. Peter On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:44:59 -0700, "PFG" <petergump@gumps.org> wrote: >H...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

What is the maximum paper size for publisher 2003
I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13"X19" paper but I first would like to know if Publisher 2003 will support that size without making it into panes. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Lynn Publisher 2000 has a maximum document size of 20 ft by 20 ft. Publisher will print to the size you set in the printer. So select the plotter of your choice. -- Don Vancouver USA "Lynn35" <Lynn35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81CD73-6101-4891-A2B2-FD79F159B7E3@microsoft.com... > I'd like to buy a printer that will handle 13&quo...

Keeping Validation References When Breaking out Spreadsheets Using
Hello, I am using a version of Ron Debruin’s macro that breakouts spreadsheets into separate spreadsheets using a filter on a selected column. The issue that I am having is that I have a series of validation references located in the main sheet in hidden rows (rows 1-14 are hidden). I need to be able to retain these references in all the newly created sheets and retain the fixed references. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Modified Ron Debruin Macro Sub FPR_Breakout_Worksheets() Dim calcmode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim ws2 As Worksheet Dim WS...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Excel Spreadsheets
Can someone help? This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for me. I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different percentages in several columns for me. I am quite pleased with myself. I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide" instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove! I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still includes the figures in that row! How can I reveal the rows that I have hi...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

Duplicate spreadsheets opening
I'm having a problem with a certain file in Excel 97. When I open the file and select "Window" it shows that 2 spreadsheets were opened with the same name. Can anyone help with this? KC Close one of the windows and then save your document. It sounds like you saved the file once with two windows open. Andy. "KC" <karen.carlisle@valero.com> wrote in message news:2a76101c3925d$8411d1c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having a problem with a certain file in Excel 97. > When I open the file and select "Window" it shows that 2 > spreadsheets we...

Changing font size for folder labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to change my identity because of problems creating an archive. The font size for the folder/subfolder names is considerably bigger than in my old identity, but I can't find/remember how I was able to shrink the font size in the old identity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1884767708369135418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-01 18:30:43 -0800, JHawk@officefor...

Ungrouping an excel spreadsheet.
I have two worksheets within one excel spreadsheet that I want to ungroup. The option to 'ungroup' is greyed out and not available to me. When I copied the content into a new spreadsheet, it brought the 'grouping' format with it. I don't know how it got grouped and I need the spreadsheets ungroup in order to sort my data. Help! Hi just click on a single tab name -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ChristineB" <ChristineB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7700576F-AD71-42BF-AE28-138D6BEA493C@microsoft.com... > I have tw...

Office OL 2007 - Vista
Office OL 2007 and Vista I received a warning (when I tried to create and save a new OL contact) that my pst file is too large. I was prevented from saving the new contact. I checked the pst size (in c:\users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook), and see that a hair over 1.9 GB (and FWIW, the Archive.pst is over 3.4 GB. I thought the default max size is 20GB. I tried finding the Registry entries for max file sizes, and thought they were located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook , but navigating down there to Microsoft, there's only Sy...

Can't flip a spreadsheet upside down.
I'm helping the Nursing dept. try to print a Blue Card master spreadsheet. They want both the inside page and outside page on the same spreadsheet. The inside page has to be upside down on the same sheet as the outside page so that they can fold them in half after printing on blue paper. How do I flip the inside page upside down? I tried selecting the spreadsheet, Format Cell and changing the alignment but it only goes about halfway to 90 degrees. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly...

Can some cells remain unprotected in a protected spreadsheet ?
I know that Lotus allows for spreadsheet protection, allowing the user to unprotect specific cells, thus protecting against overwriting a formula while entering variables into the spreadsheet. An example may be an amortization schedule, containing formula to be protected, while allowing the term, rate, and amount fields to be accessed? Can anyone help or do I have to use Lotus !!! Yes, check out help for sheet protection. I think its pretty well explained HTH Regards, Howard "Detenbeck3890" <Detenbeck3890@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9794120B-1BE3-...

what does the size 1/72 means
trying to find out if appies font or point You can specify a row height of 0 (zero) to 409. This value represents the height measurement in points (1 point equals approximately 1/72 inch or 0.035 cm). The default row height is 12.75 points (approximately 1/6 inch or 0.4 cm). If a row has a height of 0 (zero), the row is hidden. "Vin_microsoft" wrote: > trying to find out if appies font or point 1/72 of an inch is one point. Font sizes are measured in points. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Vin_microsoft" <Vin_microsof...

Icon size
The icons across the top of the screen in M2006-- is there any way to decrease their insanely large size and reclaim a little screen real estate? Thanks, --Howie No. M05/6 are terribly wasteful of real estate--you'd think the least important thing one does with the app is store one's data. "Howie" <nothere@this.time> wrote in message news:pul9r15nqv149pmdorebu457thku3ekquf@4ax.com... > The icons across the top of the screen in M2006-- is there any way to > decrease their insanely large size and reclaim a little screen real > estate? ...

Transfering data from one spreadsheet to another.
I have a spreadsheet that is created by a program I use at work. I run this report weekly and there are hundreds of loads each week. The spreadsheet has the info I need but not in the right format. I need to know if there is a way to pull this info into another spreadsheet in the format I am looking for without a bunch of copying and pasteing. He is an example of what the report looks like Load# Destination Charge Desc. Charges Total 12345 Columbus, OH Fuel $100 $300 12345...

Printing reduce sized charts
I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The result is chart printed on the whole paper. I want to print smaller charts for keeping records. There is one way I can do it but thats changing the print properties evertime I want to do that. Is there any way I can do that in Excel. Thanks Hi Do not select the chart when you print, print the chart like normla spreadsheet. you are allowed to resize the chart if necessary. >-----Original Message----- >I print charts only by selecting the cahrt and using the print command. The >result is chart printed o...