basic format question...I think !!

I have multiple pages on one sheet running left to right. Is there a way to
adjust the height of one row on one page with out effecting the row across
the whole sheets on either side of it. I know I can merge or insert rows but
I would like to just click and drag the selected cells until I get the
correct height.

Thanks

jg1 (9)
8/26/2004 12:49:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

JG,

The entire row must have the same height.  Avoid merging cells -- it causes
various problems, and when you're least expecting it.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in message news:412d33a8_6@corp.newsgroups.com...
> I have multiple pages on one sheet running left to right. Is there a way
> adjust the height of one row on one page with out effecting the row across
> the whole sheets on either side of it. I know I can merge or insert rows
but
> I would like to just click and drag the selected cells until I get the
> correct height.
>
> Thanks

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
nothanks4548 (968)
8/26/2004 1:07:51 AM
OK, lets go about this in a different way then. Is there a way to have
various pages on different work sheets come up in a single print preview?

"Earl Kiosterud" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message
> JG,
>
> The entire row must have the same height.  Avoid merging cells -- it
causes
> various problems, and when you're least expecting it.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in message news:412d33a8_6@corp.newsgroups.com...
> > I have multiple pages on one sheet running left to right. Is there a way
> > adjust the height of one row on one page with out effecting the row
across
> > the whole sheets on either side of it. I know I can merge or insert rows
> but
> > I would like to just click and drag the selected cells until I get the
> > correct height.
> >
> > Thanks

> > -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

jg1 (9)
8/26/2004 1:20:58 AM
If you set each worksheet to print how you want. Then select all the sheets
you want to print, right click on a tab and select all, or click on the
first one, press shift and click on the last one, or if they are not all
together click on the first one, hold control and click on the others
required.  Then print or print preview and they will all come up.

If you want bits of sheets you may want to use this method
You may be able to do this with 'snapshots' of the ranges.  This method is
from John Walkenbach's Excel bible.
To create a live snapshot of a range, select the range and copy it on to the
clipboard.  Then to paste a live link, select the cell in which you want to
paste the snapshot, an empty worksheet is a good choice, press and hold the
shift key, and choose Edit|paste picture link.
Repeat this process for the other ranges.  After you paste them you can
rearrange them.  These are live links and if a cell is changed in the
original range the change appears in the linked pictures.

Or look at this page
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q142529
Barbara

JG wrote:
> OK, lets go about this in a different way then. Is there a way to have
> various pages on different work sheets come up in a single print
> preview?
>

> "Earl Kiosterud" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> JG,
>>
>> The entire row must have the same height.  Avoid merging cells -- it
>> causes various problems, and when you're least expecting it.
>>
>> --
>> Earl Kiosterud
>> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>>
>> "JG" <jg@jg.net> wrote in message
>>> I have multiple pages on one sheet running left to right. Is there
>>> a way to adjust the height of one row on one page with out
>>> effecting the row across the whole sheets on either side of it. I
>>> know I can merge or insert rows but I would like to just click and
>>> drag the selected cells until I get the correct height.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

> -----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

0
not8921 (82)

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

1 Chart

Report Format

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

Too many different cell formats #6

Linking Basic Beancounting spreadsheets?
I am new to Excel (and this forum) & want to make my own General Ledger, Monthy Synopsis, Trial Balances, Financial Statements etc. for a new business. I am reading _Basic_Beancounting_ by T. James Cook and wish to use Excel efficiently. (Just learned how to group tabs to make multiple identical forms. Works great and saves a pile of time!) Now I want to take the debit & credit totals from each account column in the monthly synopsis sheet and link them (automatically post) them to the appropriate column in their individual running totals of each General Ledger Account. The problem...

date/time formatting

format cell #4

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....