Barcodes Code - 128 Help

I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.

Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.

Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Lester,
Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer.
Try printing the barcode larger.    Perhaps even turn off  print to fit under
print, page setup.
---
HTH,

"Lester Mosley" <lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132068220.616422.308090@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
> public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.
>

> Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
> direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
> work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.
>

> Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

We had similar problems with freeware fonts, but I have seen posts from
others who used freeware fonts successfully, so it may be that we were just
unlucky, and you may simply need to keep looking for a better quality font.

We gave up on the freeware fonts and bought fonts from IDAutomation
(www.idautomation.com). They're not free, but they do work.

--
Brendan Reynolds

"Lester Mosley" <lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
> public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.
>

> Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
> direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
> work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.
>

> Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

0
brenreyn (6)
11/15/2005 4:13:08 PM
I have tried this.. Using Excel and access. Using a truetype public
domain font
I am using a Zebra Termal printer as well.

Use 3of9 and it pronts the bardcode fine and readable.

Any other sugestions?

David McRitchie wrote:
> Hi Lester,
> Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer.
> Try printing the barcode larger.    Perhaps even turn off  print to fit under
> print, page setup.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Lester Mosley" <lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132068220.616422.308090@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
> > public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.
> >

> > Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
> > direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
> > work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.
> >

> > Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

Dear Lester:

Does the barcode need any special characters? 3of9 needs asterisks before
and after the number. Is something similar needed for your barcode? Maybe it
isn't a printing issue, but a formatting issue... A very quick google search
pulled up this page:

http://www.makebarcode.com/specs/code_128.html I see that there is Access
VBA code to create a barcode checksum...

Maybe its some sort of checksum issue?

HTH
Fred Boer

>I have tried this.. Using Excel and access. Using a truetype public
> domain font
> I am using a Zebra Termal printer as well.
>
> Use 3of9 and it pronts the bardcode fine and readable.
>
> Any other sugestions?
>

> David McRitchie wrote:
>> Hi Lester,
>> Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer.
>> Try printing the barcode larger.    Perhaps even turn off  print to fit
>> under
>> print, page setup.
>> ---
>> HTH,
>> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>>
>> "Lester Mosley" <lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
>> > public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.
>> >

>> > Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
>> > direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
>> > work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.
>> >

>> > Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

0
fredboer1 (8)
11/15/2005 6:35:45 PM
Code 128 is a fairly complex bar code symbology that can encode data
in a number of different ways and it alsu requires special start and
stop patterns as well as a calculated check digit. You cannot simply
select some text in a document, change its font to a Code 128 bar code
font and expect to get a readable bar code. You need to first
calculate and append the checksum character as well as add the start
and stop codes. Bar code fonts also generally produce very poor
quality bar codes that can be difficult to scan.
You will find it much easier to use a bar code ActiveX control that
takes care of all the messy details for you instead of trying to use a
font. The best bar code ActiveX control on the market is available at
http://www.taltech.com/products/activex_barcodes.html
There is a demo version that you can download from the above URL with
samples for Access, Excel, Word, VB, C++ and Internet Explorer.
It's not free but with bar code software, you get what you pay for.

On 15 Nov 2005 07:23:40 -0800, "Lester  Mosley"
<lestermosley@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
>public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.
>

>Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right
>direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will
>work with access or excel  2000 or 2003.  Much appreciated.
>

>Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128..

0
tom (44)
11/17/2005 5:51:58 PM
Lester  Mosley wrote:
> I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the
> public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode.

Bar code 128 has well over 100 characters in- more than show up on your
keyoard. In addition, you have to add Start codes, calculate a
checksum, and add a Stop code to each bar code you want to make. Do you
have a chart with the character mapping for your free font?

Building bar code 128 requires software. You need a full bar code 128
package- try the one below, there's a free trial verison:

http://www.barcodingfonts.com/bar128.htm

The full version costs $99.

0
info2 (2)

userform help
I'm trying to insert data into the first empty cell. My code keeps overwriting the last entry...could someone help me figure out where I've messed up? Thank you in advance Dawna Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range Set rRng = Range("A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) With rRng.Offset(rRng.Count + 1, 0).Select rRng.Offset(1, 1) = Me.TbDate rRng.Offset(1, 3) = Me.cboname rRng.Offset(1, 5) = Me.TbPO rRng.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbCustom Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim rRng As Range LastRow = Range("A&qu...

RFR Interface Errors HELP!
Help! I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server. It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server. It's been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released. Suddenly, I'm getting these odd errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface Event ID: 9143 Date: 4/19/2006 Time: 7:15:17 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE Description: Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a Global Catalog becomes av...

help balancing account
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about balancing accounts in MS Money 2004. To get started I downloaded several ofx files from my bank and imported them. I marked all the transactions as reconciled and tried to balance the account. My statements show a starting and ending date and a beginning and ending balance. I have tried entering a statement starting date for "Statement date:" and the starting and ending balance from that statment. The result I get is: "Money has calculeated a different starting balance than the one you entered." Why is it asking me for...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Help with a batch file
I have an application to image my hard disk partitions. I can run the application from commandline, specifying, among othjer options, the partition to target, and the location and name of the output image file. Here's what I want to do. List all the existing image files in the output path. They will be in the format C_Drive-001.tbi, and C_Drive-002.tbi etc. I want to find the seqence number of the last file, and use it to generate the filename for the next file. In this case it will be C_Drive-003.tbi. On the succesfull completion of the image, then delete the oldest ima...

VB code
Hello, I have sheet that I am wanting to enter Monday to Friday in cells manually. I want the Interior.ColorIndex to be ruled by the actual day that it currently is. I want to regulate that by today=() and format the value as dddd to give me the day. How do I write the code to tell it that I only want the Interior.ColorIndex to report the actual day? Hope that makes sense, Any help is appreciated. Andrew A bit more detail would be helpful -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "@Homeonthecouch" <me@home.com> wrote in message n...

HELP!!! Can't get forumla figured out!
Hello, This is my first posting to this forum, and I haven't been able to search using the right criteria (not even sure what I would search under) to find what I need so I thought I would post a thread with the question. I have an access query that gives me the results in a spreadsheet layout, with 2 worksheets on it. I need to create a forumla that will look at the data on the 2nd sheet and compare the values in 2 particular columns with the value in one cell on the 1st sheet and populate a different cell on the 1st sheet with a count of entries from the 2nd sheet. If Sheet B, Colu...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

HELP SCREENS, can't get help..
HELP SCREENS, can't get help.. 100723 1900 no pun.. can't get help on how to turn off "TILE" windows if using the term correctly. had seen setting somewhere, to stop Excel from minimizing to a narrow window when help opens (how the heck supposed to compare help to work doing when reducing window on us: cannot read window). where is the setting to stop windows / excel help from resizing to a narrow screen, when you open help. Top left of the help window autotile icon (looks like double page). It toggles between the help andexcel windows being tiled and vo...

Durations keep changing... Help!
Ok... it's me again - brand new user... I need to list resources (sometimes multiple) for each task, but ONLY show it shows up on a report for each person. We do not assign or track real/actaul hours. So here's what I've done to try to simplify... Task #1: Tasks/Advanced Tab: "Must Start On" with a start date (this is the only constraint I've set in the project); Fixed Duration; Effort Driven unchecked All other tasks have the same settings except no constraint date and default to "As Soon as Possible." Each Resource: Booking type - P...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

Rebar help
Does anyone know a good example of a Rebar control like the ones in VC++ 6 enviornment? Also, how to implement a dropdown toolbar menu? Thanks in advance. Bruce, Here, you'll find lots of articles - I'd be surprised if you don't find one matching your needs: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/ http://www.codeproject.com/docking/ Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bruce" <xg1@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uUlAHiNHEHA.324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know a good example of a Rebar control like the ones in VC++ 6 > en...

newbie needs help in Ezcel programming
Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel. I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it! I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls and within that a sheet called "table a". The sheet contains data within B10:I100 where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C contains a number of unique identifiers. Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls contains a sheet called "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table a" in RawData.xls What I ...

Barcode Code 128 checksum
I apologize if this is not the correct group for this question. I have been researching barcode technologies and I currently believe Code 128 best meets our needs. I need to encode a string of about of numbers, letters and special characters into a barcode. I am going to provide the data to our vendor and they will encode the barcode on our mailers. My question is about the checksum. Is there a standard list of values for Code 128 ? It looks like some of the vendors map out some of the characters to enhance their products. Where can I download the data required to generate and lookup th...

Code working but not straight away!
This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and opening the formThanks for any help...........BobPrivate Sub Command19_Click()Dim strsql As Stringstrsql = "UPDATE tblHorseInfo SET tblHorseInfo.Worksheet = True"DoCmd.RunSQL strsqlEnd Sub NEVER MIND fixed already...Thanks Bob"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:et7d5o$gmt$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...>> This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form > and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Publisher help #3
I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but not in any version of IE. Not exactly what i did wrong. But any help would be appreciated. Thanks Astro Repost this question in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign newsgroup and add the URL to your problem website. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Astroda" <Astroda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ADC0F87-CD62-421D-8088-61541AD6117B@microsoft.com... > I created a website and i am able to upload it and view it in firefox but > not > in a...

Help on Outlook automation
Hi all, I need to register my callback functions with outlook, to get notifications on events like new mail received and retrieve the mail subject line and sender. I want to do the same through managed code. Any idea, how to achieve it? Regards, Neo You will probably want to post this in one of the Outlook programming groups. The real experts with code hang out there and seldom slum in these general groups. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without re...

Landed Costs Setup help
Hello, I would appreciate some advice on landed costs setup. Let=92s say I import goods from Germany. I use a shipping company called CargoShipers, Inc. CargoShippers takes care of handling the shipping costs, duty and inspection fees. So I go into inventory and setup 3 service type items for shipping, duty and inspection. But what do I set the inventory asset account to? These are really expenses right? Then once I create the service type inventory items, I need to create 3 landed cost ids =96 one for each type and assign those ids to CargoShippes as the vendor correct? I...

HR Reason Code and VBA
When changing pay code rates there is a dialog that pops up allowing the user to enter an effective date and reason code. Is there a way to get to this dialog box in VBA? This particular dialog does not seem to trigger BeforeModalDialog or AfterModalDialog. TIA, Jim That's because it's not a modal dialog. You know this because there is a drop list on it and modal dialog only have Yes/No/cancel, or OK or such. It might be modal however meaning that you have to use the hotkey to add it and the fields to vba. Control F-11 and Shift - F11 I believe - check your menu before the w...

Help with a formmula change in a "flag" parameter!
The formula I have below in Column R works just fine. It creates a flag for me (in Column R) that lets me know one of two things: “Client Failed to Enroll on Time”, and “Return Referral Form to Referent”. Here is that formula: =IF(H4="","",IF(K4<>"","",IF(S4="Sent","Client Failed to Enroll on Time",IF(AND(K4="",TODAY()>WORKDAY(H4,10,AA4:AA12)),"Return Referral Form to Referent","")))) The one change (addition) that I’d like to make, is this: If Column N is toggled to say “Hudson ...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...