Average Formula

I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each Sunday. I'm keeping
track of how many I produce each Sunday and how many are left.

Basic table...

Week         Bulletin Amt.        Bulletins left
Week 1        100                        34
Week 2        100                        17
Week 3        110                        20

I'm keeping track for the year (52 weeks)

What kind of formula would I use?

Thanks, wiersma7

0
wiersma7
3/9/2010 5:26:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You would add another column titled "Bulletins Used", calculated with:
=c2-b2

Then average column D, as in:
=average(d2:d4)

Regards,
Fred

"wiersma7" <office@parkwoodchurch.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each Sunday. I'm keeping
> track of how many I produce each Sunday and how many are left.
>
> Basic table...
>
> Week         Bulletin Amt.        Bulletins left
> Week 1        100                        34
> Week 2        100                        17
> Week 3        110                        20
>
> I'm keeping track for the year (52 weeks)
>
> What kind of formula would I use?
>
> Thanks, wiersma7

0
Fred
3/9/2010 5:30:55 PM
"wiersma7" <office@parkwoodchurch.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each
> Sunday. I'm keeping track of how many I produce each
> Sunday and how many are left.

Try the following array formula [*]:

=AVERAGE(B2:B53-C2:C53)

where B2:B53 contains "bulletin amt" and C2:C53 contains "bulletins left".

[*] Enter an array formula by pressing ctrl+shift+Enter instead of just
Enter.  You should curly braces around the formula in the Formula Bar, i.e.
{=formula}.  Note that you cannot type the curly braces yourself; Excel
displays them to denote an array formula.  If you make a mistake, select the
cell, press F2, edit as needed, then press ctrl+shift+Enter.

> I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each Sunday. I'm keeping
> track of how many I produce each Sunday and how many are left.
>
> Basic table...
>
> Week         Bulletin Amt.        Bulletins left
> Week 1        100                        34
> Week 2        100                        17
> Week 3        110                        20
>
> I'm keeping track for the year (52 weeks)
>
> What kind of formula would I use?
>
> Thanks, wiersma7

0
Joe

copy formula
I got a problem with inserting formulas: For example: I want to get the following formulas in de following cells: B1: Sum(B1:B10) B2: Sum(B11:B20) B3: Sum(B21:B30) B4 etc. etc. If I copy the cells down the next formula is plus 1. So the formula i B4 is then Sum(B22:B31) in stead of sumB31:B40. How can I solve the problem. Manauly is too much work as the databas contains thousends of rows. I hope someone can help me. Regards, Mell -- mell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- melle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row #2
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some of these results are a YTD status measurement that uses the results from the most recently completed month. Is there a way to have the YTD cell refer to the most recently entered cell in a row? Not exactly sure if this is what your asking, but lets say your YTD value is in col a, row 6, you can reference whatever value is in col c, row 6 by using the following formula: col a, row 6 + (or =) col c, row 6. -- tenaj "sm7301" wrote: > I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company...

Excell Formula
I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30 Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies. Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table below ). All the information is in sheet 1. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 3 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates under heading of each sup...

hyperlink formula
=HYPERLINK("#a123"; "Next week") The first week is placed on a123, then the second 41 rows under at a164, and then third further 41 rows down at 205. Is there a formula I could use in this case. -- kimare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kimare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=320384 =HYPERLINK("#" & ADDRESS(ROW()+41,1,4),"next week") Will allow you to put the formula on any cell in the...

Formula to print a datum in color contingent on value.
I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on amount. For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. Also, can I add input from a third column? For example: under 200 and Column D=No, then yellow. under 200 and column D=yes, then green. Try conditional formatting for the cells Click on /scroll over cells you need to format FORMAT>CONDITIONAL FORMATTING "Shadyhosta" wrote: > I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on > amount. > For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. > Also, can I add input from a thi...

Average Formula
I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each Sunday. I'm keeping track of how many I produce each Sunday and how many are left. Basic table... Week Bulletin Amt. Bulletins left Week 1 100 34 Week 2 100 17 Week 3 110 20 I'm keeping track for the year (52 weeks) What kind of formula would I use? Thanks, wiersma7 You would add another column titled "Bulletins Used", calculated with: =c2-b2 Then average column D, as in: =average(d2:d4...

IF formulas #5
I'm wanting to continue this function all the way to "Z" and "9". This is used to quickly cypher names for phone pad input. It takes 4 formulas to achieve this since Excel only allows 7 IF functions. =IF(B10="A","2",IF(B10="B","2",IF(B10="C","2",IF(B10="D","3",IF(B10="E","3",IF(B10="F","3",IF(B10="G","4",IF(B10="H","4")))))))) I've completed all 4 formulas but I'm wanting to display the result under...

formulae problem:HELP
hello there, i have jst started a new I.T job and need some help wit excel,heres my problem, if cell A = 5014 then l - m. under a lot o pressure here can somone please hel -- stevenmorriso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2618 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39495 Assume your first data point is in cell A1. I also assume your "l - m" would refer to cells L1 and M1. In the cell where you want the result, type: =...

Coping formulas to new workbook
Is there a way to copy formulas from one workbook and them paste it to another workbook without it having a link in the formula to the previous workbook? This is a formula I copied but all I need is the last part that said =INVENTORY$d$177 not the link to another workbook ='C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SONIC REPORTS\IDEALS\aug ideals\[XDQ IDEALS 2005 rev0805.xls]INVENTORY'!$D$177 -- Jim Salyer Area Supervisor Home: 505-474-4863 Cell: 505-670-4138 Fax: 505-474-4540 Email: jims01@comcast.net I like to do this: Select all the cells. edit|replace what: =...

I can't get the formula result to display on my spreadsheet.
This is a phenomenonally simple task: All I want is the formula "=SUM(B38:F38)" result to display on my spreadsheet. Excel shows $0.00 in the cell. The formula result, however, is '$9288.72.' I am so frustrated!!! Thanks for any help with this prob. Sounds like your numbers are stored as text, format them to a number format. -- -John Northwest11 Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Kai" wrote: > This is a phenomenonally simple task: > > All I want is the formula "=SUM(B38:F38)" resul...

Cell Formats in formulas
I have a worksheet set up with formulas to automatically copy values from another cell as it is changed. Is there a way to include the format of the reference cell (font, color) when referencing it in a formula. Example: when I change to a different symbol font in the referenced cell, the referencing cells only change the value, not the font, so I don't end up with the correct symbols in the referencing cell. No, it's not possible to do that using formulas, only format formulas can do are number formats and only using the text function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "C. Lewis"...

INDEX/MATCH Formula?
Hi, I need help with a formula. My data looks like this: Column A Column B 1 3 2 7 3 5 4 8 5 1 6 7 8 9 10 And I need it to end up like this: Column A Column B 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 7 7 8 8 9 10 So, in other words, the numbers in Column B need to end up in the same row as their corresponding numbers in Column A. To do it manually will take forever as the real data is thousands of rows long. Can this be done with an INDEX/MATCH formula of some kind? I=92ve tried a few different things on my own but I clearly don=92t know what I=92m doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can you plea...

formula finding price based on volume bracket
I want to write a formula, say in cell E2 that picks the correct price based on valume Entered in Cell D1. Suppose I have a table set up with volume vs price. sush as: Column A B C D E Row 1 From TO PRICE Volume Entered ?? Row 2 500 600 $1.20 Row 3 601 700 $0.99 Etc... down the row. I know I can use vlookup ordinarily but now there are two columns. If volumn is between 500 to 600 then the price is one thing, if volumn is between a different braket is something else.....

cell displays formula instead of value #2
Hi, Excel 2003 SP2 I have a new blank workbook, and on a new blank worksheet I format columns A - D as Text. A1 = [This_] B1 = [is_] C1 = [text.] D1 = [=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)] D1 now displays [=CONCATENATE(A1 ,B1, C1)] instead if the expected [This_is_Text.] Please help. I have hours in this :(( Thanks Jeff Higgins Jeff D1 should have been formatted as "general". Format it, re-type formula? HTH Beege "Jeff Higgins" <oohiggins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:RFBzf.218$Cp2.147@fe03.lga... > Hi, > Excel 2003 SP2 > I have a new blank workbook, > a...

Formula referencing other file show formula not result
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. Both cells are text and often the formula shows in the receiving spreadsheet not the value. I have both cell formated as &quot;text&quot;. In older versions of excel, you could never have an &quot;=&quot; sign start in cell without excel always defaulting that as a formula. Now in 2008 it does not work that way any more. <br><br>Along the same line I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. S...

complex formula
I need help creating a formula. I have 4 columns and 12 rows of data. When the number in the cell reaches multiples of 3 it creates 1 occurance. So 6 in a cell would create 2 occurances. However 4 in one column and 2 in the second column would only create 1 occurance. I tried countif >2 but that says that 6 is only 1 occurance. Any suggestions? Hi there. You may want to try: =int(sum(A1:D12)/3) Regards, Otavio "Debi" wrote: > I need help creating a formula. I have 4 columns and 12 rows of data. When > the number in the cell reaches multiples of ...

Auditing formulas month over month
I tried a few searched, but had no luck in finding a solution. We have a few very complex spreadsheets, and am looking to find a way to ensure completeness and accuracy of the spreadsheets month over month. Currently we do the following: 1) Upon creation of spreadsheet, audited all formulas to make sure that are calculating as expected. 2) Month over month we select a sample of row to ensure that the formulas match the baselined formulas. This is done manually. What I would like to do is change part 2 so that we just create a worksheet that automatically checks the formulas against the bas...

printing formula definitions
I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd like to be able to print the worksheet to show the definition and not the output of the formula. Terri, CTRL+` (that's the key to the left of "1" on a standard keyboard) toggles the view between formulae and results. You can then print to your heart's content! Cheers, Pete >-----Original Message----- >I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd like to be able to print the worksheet to show the >definition and not the output of the formula. > Choose Tools/Option...

Physical inventory formula problems
I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the example I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The total on this report is as follows QTY: -5 EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are minus's) Now I go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM VALUE LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I calulate now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started wi...

Formula to count no. of months between 2 dates
What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? Thanks, Melissa Have a look at this site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx -- Regards! Stefi „Melissa” ezt írta: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m") On 23 Mar, 08:27, Melissa <Meli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000. I us...

HOW TO FORMULA NUMBER TO WORDS
Give tips to transfer the number to words its very use full to us Have a look here http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm Mike "ramaraj" wrote: > Give tips to transfer the number to words its very use full to us http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "ramaraj" <ramaraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D61ED9B-5144-4743-A0C3-3BE19BAF5F9C@microsoft.com... > Give tips to transfer the number to words its very use full to us Hi, 1. Copy the data...

view worksheet formulas
Friends, Is there a way to view only the worksheet formulas inside a worksheet, or print them out? I know how to do this for pivot tables and pivot charts, but what about a normal worksheet? Thanks, Bill Morgan Bill Ctrl+` -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "bill_morgan_3333" <billmorgan3333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3475E172-19E9-4199-B974-709FE618FB5E@microsoft.com... > Friends, > > Is there a way to view only the worksheet formulas inside a worksheet, or > print t...

Please help w/formula
I want to create a formula for an employee schedule to compute the totals hrs scheduled, multiply total hrs scheduled by rate of pay to get a gross rate of pay. I can only get it to add up to 24 hrs then it starts over at 1. Example I am using: Start:17:00 End: 19:00 Total: =(end-start) =IF(A3<A2,A3+1-A2,A3-A2)*24*B2 Where A2 is start, A3 is finished, B2 is rate of pay Format cell to currency or accounting. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Dave" wrote: > I want to create a formula for an employee schedule to co...

saving data from a formula into a variable
hi all, does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to a variable? How about you getting your formula to work in the worksheet? Then copy|paste that working formula into your reply. It'll be easier to modify that than to start from scratch. yaniv.dg@gmail.com wrote: > > hi all, > does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to > a variable? -- Dave Peterson haven't we been here before? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Counting results of a formula
I have a column that has about 111 rows to it. In each row is a formula that will find an invoice number if it exists elsewhere. The are alpha-numeric invoice #s. I need to count the number of invoices found. If I use the COUNTA formula for that column it will count those cells that have the fomula in it but no result. I only want to count those cells that have a result from the formula. Any ideas for using Excel 2003? Thanks. =COUNTIF(G1:G111,">""") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:10:01 -0700, Nadine <Nadine@discussions.mi...