Automatic Macro execution

I have a DATA.CSV file with numerical data.  I wish to view this data, using
a chart and macro which is located in a different COIL_VIEWER.XLS excel
file.

Is there a way to open the DATA.CSV  file, and automatically execute the
macro which is located in the other file (COIL_VIEWER.XLS) without any
operator intervention??

Thank you,
JOhn

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Probably want to stick the macro in "personal.xls" and then people could
open that CSV file with a click of a button on the tool bar.  No programming
required.  Just record keystrokes.
--
HansM

"John Gilchrist" <tremont-tech@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a DATA.CSV file with numerical data.  I wish to view this data,
>using
> a chart and macro which is located in a different COIL_VIEWER.XLS excel
> file.
>
> Is there a way to open the DATA.CSV  file, and automatically execute the
> macro which is located in the other file (COIL_VIEWER.XLS) without any
> operator intervention??
>
> Thank you,
> JOhn

0
sayno2 (17)

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Automatic email of reports
Hi all Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given mail ids on a regular basis ? Pls advice via Crystal Reports, not an option with current out of box version v1.2. You can try externally controlling it via SDK approach. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Parasuraman" wrote: > Hi all > > Can reports be generated and sent automatically to given > mail ids on a regular basis ? > > Pls advice > > > ...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Macro if criteria
Hi, i have two macros. (macro 1 and macro 2) I need macro 1 to run if in A1 is "JOHN", in B1 is "MARY" and if C1 is empty ; and macro 2 to run if in A1 is "JIM", in B1 is "CRIS" and in C1 is "BOB". Can this be done? Thanks! Seems simple If Range("A1").Value2 = "JOHN" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = "MARY" And _ Range("C1").Value2 = "" Then Call Macro1 ElseRange("A1").Value2 = "JIM" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = &...

writing my first Macro
Hello, I am trying to write a macro for the first time in OUTLOOK 2000. I find this will help me cause I don't get around very well. But am having trouble to write one in the VBA. Can you show me how to simply write a few sentences that I can "automatically" include in an email reply to someone. Or if you can send me just a very simple sample or example of a macro that has a small paragraph email. that would be great. I have been looking on "google for hours" now, and all I could find was this sample below, but all it does is put in the "subject l...

How do I automatically plot different ranges of data in different.
I need to chart parameters that are a function of three variables in the 2002 version of Excel. I have used the x and y axis to represent 2 variables on an 'xy chart', but require an automatic method to represent the value of the third variable. I have tried the 'bubble-plot', but cannot get sufficient resolution between the data. Is their any way that I may plot the third variable in different colours/shades, that automatically changes for different ranges of the the third variable? THis might help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart &q...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

Automatic display positive or negative
Dear All, pls help me. when I type $ 52.00 on C1, I want C1 display positive $52 or negative ($ 52) , if B1 is positive or negative, I want the entire column C. Exemple : C1 : I type $52, it display for me $52 , because B1 is positive C2 : I type $52, it display for me ($52) , because B2 is negative B C B1 5 $52 B2 (3) ($52) It is possible ? Thank you for your help. This can only be done with VBA and the code below will do it for you. To use the code, open the workbook and go to the sheet you want this to work on and then: Right-click o...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

how to execute a program only once?
I want my program (Dialog based MFC .exe file) can be executed only once at a time. In another word, once you start a process of my program, I don't want more processes of my program can be started. Can anybody give me a guide how to do that? Many thanks in advance, See my essay on avoiding multiple instances on my MVP TIps site. joe On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:30:55 +0100, "Y Xu" <y.xu@qub.ac.uk> wrote: >I want my program (Dialog based MFC .exe file) can be executed only once at >a time. In another word, once you start a process of my program, I don't >...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Automatic Functions in Excel
Hi There I am developing a Time Sheet in Excel for Staff to record times worked on it. I am using the 1904 date system as occasionally a negative total will be displayed. I would like it if someone was on annual leave they would be able to record this by typing in "Annual Leave" or "A/L" or something similar then the total for that day to display as 7:00 (this is in hours). At present the "total" column runs a calculation of the time finished minus the time started. Is this possible? Regards Colin Hi Colin, StartTime in column A, end ti...

Outlook automatically suts down when using rules???
For whatver reason I have narrowed down my problem with MS Outlook 2002 to the use of rules. For some reason when I have a rules setup to forward emails out to people on my work team it will automatically shutdown my Outlook and restart itself. Over and over again. It is very strange, almost like a memory issue, but I do not see how that could be the case. The messages usually get stuck in the outbox and appear to have never been sent but the recipeints receive the messages over an over again, ewach time Outlook shutsdown and restarts??? NEED HELP SO OUTLOOK WILL NOT SHUT ITSELF D...

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

How To Execute The Start -> Run Programatically
Hey Friends Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? Take a look at ShellExecute/CreateProcess. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eO70xHhjDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... | Hey Friends | | Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically? | | | | Hey...here is another link to TaskInfo 2000. It is a later version but just as good. I don't think you have to register it (can't remember). http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.a...

Run macro from if statement
Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro",dont run Any ideas? What I am trying to do ultimately is show a userform if the contents of a cell are changed Thanks I can't find a way to run a macro, but where is your userform that you want to show? It is possible to call another worksheet or area in the formula. If your userform isn't on an Excel worksheet you could paste it into one. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro&q...

macro to find phone number and label with text
Hi-- Here's the situation: I have long lists of satellite phone bills that I need to track by individual phone users and I want to build a macro that seeks out a specific number (example, macro searches "882 156 445 4554" and in the column next to it, automatically spits out "Dan's phone." In one Excel file, I have a growing list of satellite phone numbers (~400 numbers) that I'm constantly adding to that I'm hoping the macro can draw from. In the other set of files, I have individual phone bills for each phone (about 18 separate excel files per month) wi...

automatic component added to palette
Hi, On computer 'A' I've create a userform in Excel that need additional components than what are installed by default. Till i use my form on the computer 'A', there is not problem, all components are visible. If i open this excel file on computer 'B', the additional components are not displayed on my userform because they are not added to my component palette. Is there an automatic way how to install the additional component on this component palette ? for example, i use a progress bar from MS, or a rich text Box... I do not want to make user to add them m...