Automated Macros?

The problem where we are having problems is this: The design team creates a
product. Each product has a list of parts : 2 of this 3 of that. No product
is the same. The list is then converted to a .csv file, which would then be
needed to be converted into labels for each individual part.  We would need a
macro that would  read the quantity of parts requested, make an individual
label for each part, but at the same time we would be able to use this macro
automated to crate labels for each unique csv file created.

Is there anyway that we can "drag and drop" the csv file into a macro and it
automates the correct amount of labels from the quantity listed from each
unique csv file created for a product?

It is very important to have a way to simplify the steps to do this since
this is being created for individuals who have never used word or excel.

Any assistance is appreciated. >>

Using excel 2000

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could have a macro in an Excel file which when run asks the user
to specify a (csv) file, which it could then open and print sufficient
labels from the data within that file.

Further, if the file was always in the same folder, then the macro
could record the file(s) it had dealt with in the past, so it would
know which file(s) would still need to be processed, and could do this
automatically with little user intervention. You could have some
naming convention for the files, eg including a datestamp within the
name, and use this to trigger the processing of the new files.

You would need to specify exact details of the csv files, and it may
be better to do so in a new thread posted in the .programming group.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 31, 3:54=A0pm, omitedentity
<omitedent...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The problem where we are having problems is this: The design team creates =
> product. Each product has a list of parts : 2 of this 3 of that. No produc=
> is the same. The list is then converted to a .csv file, which would then b=
> needed to be converted into labels for each individual part. =A0We would n=
eed a
> macro that would =A0read the quantity of parts requested, make an individu=
al
> label for each part, but at the same time we would be able to use this mac=
ro
> automated to crate labels for each unique csv file created.
>
> Is there anyway that we can "drag and drop" the csv file into a macro and =
it
> automates the correct amount of labels from the quantity listed from each
> unique csv file created for a product?
>
> It is very important to have a way to simplify the steps to do this since
> this is being created for individuals who have never used word or excel.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated. >>
>
> Using excel 2000

0
pashurst (2576)

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

Macro that deletes values with condition
Hi, I need a macro that deletes duplicates of numbers that appear an odd number of times and that deletes duplicates and the value duplicated an even number of times. Example: Original data A 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 Result: A 1 2 4 Values 1 and 2 must remain and only delete duplicates because they appear an odd number of times (3), 3 must be deleted because it appears an even number of times (2) and 4 appears because it has no duplicates. Hope this can be done! Thank you so much Hi Insert a heading in row 1 and try this macro: Sub aaa() Dim f As ...

CONDITION IN MACRO #2
This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seem...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Record Macro Relative does not work?
Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell, then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size (8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can this kind of macro be done? To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is visible, it has 2 icons, one is to s...

Yet another Lotus macro question
I have for the most part converted to Excel but have a simple macro that on the surface cannot be converted. The Lotus macro used a database, template and list of branch names. The macro itself started with the name of the first branch, copied it to the template, sucked in the data for that branch and then printed the report. Then it went down to next name on the list and repeated the process until it reached the bottom of the list. In Excel it seems to indicate I have to repeat the steps for each and every branch on the list and not loop back through a 8 line macro that refers to the ...

Some macro help with formatting object please
I have a macro that turns on the calculate command function while the user works in it. I was asked if I could have the color of the text box that launches the macro turned RED when the calculate feature has been turned off. Is that possible? TIA! activesheet.textbox1.backcolor=&h0000ff -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote in message news:oYeGc.8684$WM5.492396@news20.bellglobal.com... > I have a macro that turns on the calculate command fu...

Macro HELP!
I am trying to build a macro that will check for the day of the week in cell A1. "Mon", "Tue etc.., if true, it will copy the contents of another cell and paste to another cell. Hope this is discriptive enough. Help the newbie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Cycle, I think you should ask a more specific question. Maybe this is a first step...

Excel 2007 Macro: Open a file from any folder
Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet from any folder of your choice? Thanks in advance. Same as always: Dim myName As String myName = Application.GetOpenFilename If myName = False Then MsgBox "You pressed cancel" Exit Sub End If Workbooks.Open myName HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eS8FI0UeIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet > from any folder of y...

macro #5
i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change the name on the cell the save got to be the same name too when i click on save the macro would be asign to a picture. try activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=range("a1") "guest" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c39a78$28ce7d40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to > be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change > the name on the cell the save got to be the s...

Excel macro for copying range to another worksheet
On a monthly basis, I would like to copy the completed range (varies from month to month) of a database (Sheet1) to a master list (Sheet3). Once the data has been copied I intend to manually delete the entries of Sheet1 and start anew for the new month =96 for eventual transfer to Sheet3. The idea is to copy each month=92s data at the bottom of the previous months=92 (Sheet3). I followed Excel=92s record macro command but the macro I ended up with is not capable of placing the new data at the bottom of the existing one; it simply keeps overwriting the previous entry. Unfortunately, I don=92t...

Enable Macro Message
How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or enable the macro. Is that possible? Thanks. This is a user's security setting--not a developer's security setting. If you could change it, it wouldn't be of much use to the user, huh? Rook wrote: > > How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the > security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or > enable the macro. > > Is that possible? > > Thanks. -- Da...

Named Ranges
Hi! I created several worksheets that contained huge lists, so I created a dynamic named range. Now that the name has been inserted in my array formulas, my Macro runs very slowly. The Macro unprotects one of my sheets, sorts the data in a table, hides the blank rows and the protects the sheet again. There are no related named range formulas in that worksheet, so I'm not sure why it would be affected. The Macro ran quickly when I had a defined range of data. Would giving a named range like 'Date' and having text in my workbook with 'Date' create conflicts? Could this...

Creating Event procedures from a macro
Hi, I'm using Jon Peltier's workaround (to Excel's inability to create hyperlinks to chart sheets) to create a table of contents. The following event procedure is placed in the code module for the "contents" sheet. It activates the chart sheet when the user selects the linked cell: ' Thank you Jon! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Charts("Chart1").Activate End If End Sub This works fine, except that I need to create it on the fly from within a ma...

Macro won't delete? Any ideas?
Hi, I inserted an Excel 5.0 dialog worksheet into my spreadsheet. Excel seemed to insert also a macro, which I then located (Tools -> Macro -> Macros, then deleted all the macros in the document). I also deleted the worksheet. However, since then, Excel asks me every time I open it if I would like to enable macros. This is very annoying seeing as I thought I deleted them. Can anyone direct me where I might find the remaining macro? thanks. G Gabbon You have to delete the module that held the code too. Check here http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/tipstrick.htm#macrowarningremoval ...

Microsoft Excel 2007 to Mac Excel 2008 Issue regarding Macros
I have created worksheets on my PC using MS Excel 2007. I transfered them to a Mac user and when open the excel worksheet on his computer it tells me &quot;Excel 2008 for Mac can't run the Macros&quot; <br><br>Can someone maybe please help me to a way around this ???? Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? > Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? <br><br>Mac Excel 2004. ...

Excel macro #12
I have recorded two macroes, put them together and added if-then-else statement, but there is something wrong. It does not work. Both macroes work fine separately. I try to filter data from a base workbook to an active workbook and make it run automatically every time when the file is opened. Excel should check if a base file is open and if so run the filter routine. If that file is not open it should be opened and run filter. Sub macroname() If IsFileOpen("\\serverName\path\fileName.xls") Then Workbooks("fileName.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("rangeName1...

Small macro problem
Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("g17").End(xlDown).Resize(1, 1) rng.AutoFill Destination:=rng.Resize(rng.Columns.Count, 2) What I want the above to do, is to go to the last item in Column G (say G5) and copy it to the cell below (G6), but this fills both G6 and H7. I feel sure it is very easy to resolve but I seem to have tried all permutations without success. Please advise where I am going wrong. Bob Switch your Row/Column values in .Resize(): Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("G17").End(xlDown) rng.AutoFill Destination:=rng.Resize(...

Custom format macro?
Can I write a macro to format a number? I have a bunch of cells containing time intervals stored as floating point numbers in units of days. These are not dates, but are stored in the same format. Some examples: 1 1 day 2.5 2.5 days or 2 days, 12 hours 0.125 3 hours 0.020833 30 minutes and so on. These values are calculated. I would like to display them as nnn.n u where "nnn.n" is a floating point number formatted to 1 decimal place and "u" is a character indicating the units (Y=years, D=days, H=hours, M=minutes, S=seconds). The ...

Finding/deleting macros...
Thanks to anyone who helped me with my finding/deleting link question... Now in a different workbook.. when i open it, it prompts whether t enable or disable macros. When i go to the macros list though, it blank, none listed. How could I find where thesee phantom macros ar and get rid of them? FYI we always choose Disable macros. This is work book that was built a long time ago, probably has about 50+ tab of which we only currently use about 15. Thanks for any help! Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you also have to remove the modules: - open the VBA editor (hi...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

Use Macro to Format UserForm Object
I have a UserForm with dozens of textboxes on it. I periodically need to change the formatting of the textboxes and I been trying to write a macro to do it to no avail. Here' what I thought would work but it doesn't. HELP PLEASE. THANKS Sub ChangeFonts_Click() Dim Boxes As Long With editForm For Boxes = 1 To 78 ("TextBox" & Boxes).font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Bold" .Size = 10 Next End With End Sub Try this code instead and see if it does what you want... Sub Chang...

Macro Problem #5
I am running into a problem when I try and run a macro that copies a sheet that has a pivot table in it and moves it to another folder and then copys-past special-values the sheet. When I try and run macros that do this I get an error message when the macro finishes processing that says "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications". Do you have any suggestions or workarounds I can use to avoid this problem? Below is an example of the visual basic I am using in the macro. Sheets(Array("Calculations", "Tradin...

Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor
I'm new to this but I have finally hacked out something that does what I want by using a basic template from another user. My code is at the bottom of the message. This changes the fill of the identified shapes based upon some value. The first line of the code: "Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)" was included in the template. I don't know if this is just a title, whether it has some specific syntax or format or what. I also cannot find a list of Me.Shapes. "Face" is a smiley face that was included in the template and "Auto Shape 2&quo...

Macro on Excel!?
Hello I have a simple problem I want to create a macro so that instea of dragging the formulae down to create a copy.... =E11/F11 I want to put this formula in G11, now the problem is want to make this formula apply to the other cells below such as: =E12/F12 in G12 etc etc like this all the way down, instead o dragging it can i make a macro if so can anyone explain please Thanks for your time From John Woo -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View th...