Autofilter help

Hi all

I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok
I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok

Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top
row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed
so top line shows new result - still  copies over the data in the top row of
the filter.

Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108
depending on the selection.

Autofilter Line =  1    2    3    4
eg Result of A/F  a    a    a    a   <== copy the result of this line to
different worksheet (this could be row 8 for eg)

however if:
Autofilter Line =  2    1    3    4
eg Result of A/F  b    c    a    a   <== still copy the result of this line
to different worksheet (this could be row 108 for eg)

I hope you understand. Probably not explained myself clearly.

Thanks

Paul

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I have scrapped this idea. thanks for looking.

"Paul T" <paul.thomas5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok
> I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok
>
> Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top
> row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed
> so top line shows new result - still  copies over the data in the top row
> of the filter.
>
> Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108
> depending on the selection.
>
> Autofilter Line =  1    2    3    4
> eg Result of A/F  a    a    a    a   <== copy the result of this line to
> different worksheet (this could be row 8 for eg)
>
> however if:
> Autofilter Line =  2    1    3    4
> eg Result of A/F  b    c    a    a   <== still copy the result of this
> line to different worksheet (this could be row 108 for eg)
>
> I hope you understand. Probably not explained myself clearly.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Help: School in need of Support
Hi folks, wondering if you can help, I'ma newbie on Exchange 2003. We've got this set up and working really well through OWA in our school. What I want to be able to do is access users mailboxes when I need to I.e. investigating an abuse report. Is there a program to do this, or how do I set up permissions for me to do this. Secondly, are there any filters, preferably free/cheap :) that I can use to filter emails based on banned words (swear words) etc... Hope someone can shed some light on this for me, thanks in advance DR Tester Head of ICT Hugh Faringdon School, Reading-UK Adm...

Help customizing reports
Hi, We need to do some relatively simple customization of a couple of the default reports, but are having a hard time figuring out the relationships between incident, incidententryactivity and incidentresolutionactivity. What we would like is a report that lists all Cases under an Account and all Activities under each Case, and rolls up the durations of each Activity to the Case, and possibly to the Account. If I understand this correctly, the 'incidentresolutionactivity' record in fact contains this information at the Case level, but we are just unable to display this informat...

HELP
I've just set up my e-mail in MS Outlook, but it won't send to certain e-mail addresses, like Hotmail. The error message reads "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I had a look at the the Help file and it said to chec Tools > Send/Receive > AllAccount This didn't work though! Please help ...

Nested Comumn Chart (help)
I have a column chart that has 7 cities on the X-axis and city revenue on the vertical axis. each city has data for 5 different years. What I want to do is divide the city revenue into it's two components and have each column be divided into source 1 and source 2 contributions. Can anybody help with this? Here is a jpeg of what I have. Like I said I want each column to have a divider that shows the top part as consisting of source one and the bottom part consisting of source 2. http://www.geocities.com/monster_economist/revenue_chart.JPG Stacked-Clustered Column Charts: http://p...

can anyone help with this formula
column AP = LINE that is running production some lines have 2 people & some have 1 so for instance i MIGHT HAVE AP6 witch might be 2 OR 4 = hours worked 1 person ON THIS LINE so it will = to 2 or 4 hours witch works Then i have AP13 WITCH MIGHT BE 2 or 4 = hours actually worked but there is 2 people on this so AP13 reads 4 or 8 pending if they worked 2 hours or 4 hours because there is 2 people on this line Now in column AS6:AS37 I PUT IN CLOCK# FOR indirect labour say if 2 clock# entered i want to calculate AP column actual hours worked times AS column indirect labour at tim...

mail queue help
I get some emails for users who the sender has miss spelled their or has it in the wrong format etc. I how do I have exchange to delete this from the queue automatically. I have the filter if not in active directory box checked. thanks "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails for users who the sender has miss spelled their or has it >in the wrong format etc. I how do I have exchange to delete this from the >queue automatically. I have the filter if not in active directory box >checked. thanks Enabling the directory checking on the...

Anybody pls help!
Hi, I have a series of numbers for example 1,2,33,23,80,73. I want to know all the result these numbers add together. is there a way? One way I know of is to try an awesome formula by Bob Phillips, re: http://tinyurl.com/9on4z Adapted .. here's how it goes Assume you have in A1: 1,2,33,23,80,73 Enter the delimiter into B1: , (type a comma) Then .. put Bob's formula into say, C1: =SUMPRODUCT(--MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1&A1&B1,B1,"~", ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,""))+1)))), FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(...

Help! Pivot table need to make Pie Chart
Hi, Can anybody help me, i need to make a pie chart after i made the pivot table. Here what i have for data: Year, Month, Company's name, product and Revenue. I need to make a pie chart of What % of total sales did each product group contribute on the same sheet. Francis In the pivot table, put Product in the row area, and revenue in the data area. Remove the other fields from the pivot table Select a cell outside of the pivot table, and click the Chart Wizard button Select the Pie chart type, and one of the subtypes Click Next For the data range, ...

HELP #41
OK I HAVE AOL AS MY ISP BUT I WANNA USE MY FREE HOTMAIL ACCT TO SND MSGS HOW DO I SET UP OFFICE OUTLOOK -- I GET ERRORS ALL THE TIME TUTU TuTu wrote: > OK I HAVE AOL AS MY ISP BUT I WANNA USE MY FREE HOTMAIL ACCT TO SND MSGS HOW > DO I SET UP OFFICE OUTLOOK > -- I GET ERRORS ALL THE TIME > TUTU You don't anymore, unless you pay for a subscription. And please turn off the Caps lock - it's considered to be shouting and makes your post difficult to read. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk TuTu <Caroli...

Access Application Help Documentation
Is there a way to that I can write Application help documentation to help user manuever my access system Thanks There are many applications available via the internet that will create a ..chm help file for your ACCESS database file. Do a search for them via Google. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "lalexander" <lalexander@bsiinsurance.com> wrote in message news:e9eMYmANGHA.420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to that I can write Application help documentation to help > user manuever my access system > > Thanks > > > ...

Help Please.
How do i automaticly increase a number in a cell, when i open my template? Hi Liam check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Cheers JulieD "Liam" <liam_ie@--eircom.net> wrote in message news:qbhYd.49313$Z14.37833@news.indigo.ie... > How do i automaticly increase a number in a cell, when i open my template? > ...

HELP! PDC with Exchange crashed!
I had a PDC with Exchange 2003 on it. The Disk Crashed (unrecoverable). The Exchange files were on a different drive from the AD. I still have the Exchange files, but I need to put them on a new server that has a different NETBIOS name. I found an article about How to move and Exchange server to a new computer of the same (NETBIOS) name. Does it have to be the same NETBIOS name? What steps would I take differently for a computer with a different NETBIOS name? If you have multiple domain controllers (if you haven't lost your only copy of AD), and you still have the drive with the ...

want to do my own funeral srevice sheets ????? help!!!
Look at the built in templates, there are programs you could modify. File, new, Publications for Print, scroll down to programs. 2007, on the task pane, Apply a template, scroll down to programs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "funerals" <funerals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D730B75C-8343-483C-BF29-F5C8A9201745@microsoft.com... > ...

Need help updating a value in VBA code
Hello Great Plains Gurus, I need to write some VBA code that changes the value of a field on another form (SalesCustomerDetailEntry). Easy enough, but the problem that I have is the original form that fires the VB code is in a third party dictionary, and the Dynamics dictionary already references that third party dictionary. Therefore I can not add the Dynamics dictionary as a reference in my third party dictionary due to cyclical references not being allowed. Is there any way around this issue, ie calling some sanscript function to perform the update from inside VBA? I realize that I can...

A little help please on a macro to display results.
I have the code listed below that searchs a folder and if it finds any PDF files its displays them with a hyperlink in the spreadsheet. My problem is that under the MAIN folder I have tons of files now and its very hard to find the PDF I am looking for.. I redid my file structire under main and now I have folders for years 2010, 2012,2013,2014,2015 and so on. Under each years directory are the directories for the 12 months of the year & under each of these months I have two folders A-cast & B-cast. What I would like is that the code could search the folders starting for...

if formula for time sheet.
We have 2 week time sheet that calculates each week separatly. (so as to account for time and a half) If you use comp time, it will automatically debit the comp time account. if you work ot - you can get paid, or credit your comp time for it(see week 2) each week has its own balance. I have a separate cell for projected comp hours to/from bank. I am trying to get the formula to recognize that it should carry the 3 over instead, it returns 2 (-1+3) here is the formula I was trying IF(AND(T14<0,T22<0),0),IF(AND(T14<0, T22>0),T22),IF(AND(T22<0,T14>0),T14),IF(AN...

Help with QSI Import utility please
Greetings. Has anyone encountered strange/erratic behavior with the QSI Import utility? Anybody know what this (03021) error code is and what's the typical root cause?? I'm consistantly getting these 00003021 error's for no apparent reason ~ they'll usually show up on the first 10 rows of my .csv data (exported from excel 2003) -- even from totally different data sources...even though the data is fine (I tested by appending the same 10 lines of data that had errored out in the beginning of the file to the end of the import file and it'll take it there w/out any er...

Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon in-box...Help
Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon in-box...Help....What settings am I missing to leave the verizon inbox mail intact? On your account properties advanced tab, check the box to leave mail on = your ISP server. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Bobby Lee asked: | Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon | in-box...Help....What settings am I missing to leave the verizon | inbox mail intact? I was hoping this thread could help me on a problem I'm having. But on the ...

Formula Help (Date)
I need help with the following: Cell A1 has the start date Cell B1 has the estimted stop date Cell A4 has a date in it - the cells below each have an expense in them for that day. I would like to have a formula enter a 1 in cell A24 if the date in cell A1 is >= the date in cell A1 and is <= the value in cell B1. If it is out of the date range between A1 & B1 then enter a "0" Thanks, Chance try this assuming A4 is the date you are checking between date range beginning in A1 and ending in B1 =IF(AND(A4>=A1,A4<=B1),1,0) "Chance224" wrote: > I n...

How to use "Creat Rule", help please.
I use Office 2003, on Outlook's toolbar has "Creat Rule" button, I do not understand how to use "Creat Rule". How's the details of using this "Creat Rule", please help. Thank you. seagulls You can create a rule to automate some tasks when you send/receive e-mail like move it to a specific folder to automatically sort your e-mail. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "seagulls" <anonymous@discussio...

query help please
I posted this on the forum, but thought I'd post it here too. I need to add the words "dog food" to the extended description of every item in my "Dog Food" Department. If someone could please help with a SQL query so I wouldn't have to go into each item individually I sure would appreciate it. I just recently purchased a Star TSP100 Future print receipt printer, and it has the capability to print coupons at the end of the receipt depending on key words you specify that show up on the receipt. Using the extended description field to add keywords for th...

FORMULA Help #25
Greetings NG, Simple request. Excel file has multiple sheets. Sheet 1 National MASTER CUSTOMER LIST (About 2100 records). Sheet 2 Regions List customers. A=customer number, B to F is the address of the location (About 2300 records). Sheet 3 - 33 are the sales reps. Each of them has customers assigned to them. A=customer number, etc. In the Cell B1 on each of these sheets is the Reps Name. The range of customers is from A3 to A100 Here is what I like to do. In Sheet 2, H10, I want to place a formula that will find the matching customer number and then place the Reps name in th...

Using REPT funtion with dates between sheets and workbooks
I am trying to repeat dates in several different places, so that I onl have to type it once. However, when I use the REPT function I get number instead of a date format. I've tried to format the cells back t date function, but it doesn't change -- ROCKWARRIO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROCKWARRIOR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46828 The REPT function repeats 'whatever' the number of times you set it to, it wil...

IF Function Help #3
I have a project that requires me to calculate bonuses for employees. I am pretty sure that I need to use an IF function. Here is the question: If the project fees do not exceed estimates the manager receives an 100 bonus. Algebraically, this is Bonus=(actual-projected)*bonus rate if (actual-projected)>0, 100 otherwise. Create a formula that calculates the project manager bonus. This is a completely different language that I just can't seem to decipher. If anyone can help, that would be great! =if(actual - projected > 0, (actual - projected) * bonusRate, 100) -- HTH, Barb R...

repost: exch2003 error, please help
i have a simple installation: 2 windows 2003 servers acting as AD DC's (server01, server02). server01 is also the exchange server with exchange 2003 basic installed. everything seems to be working fine even though my event logs keep filling up with the same warning and error. the warning is: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '199.5.0.30'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. and the error is: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. of course dns is up and running on both dc's and everythin...