AutoFilter #5

How to return the Autofilter value into a specified cell

0
abc1949 (45)
6/27/2005 9:06:45 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here is a UDF by Stephen Bullen that will do it

Function FilterCriteria(Rng As Range) As String
    'By Stephen Bullen
'use like =FilterCriteria(A3)
' The single-cell argument for the FilterCriteria function
' can refer to any cell within the column of interest
'do not use the cell with the arrows, it will not update

    Dim Filter As String
    Filter = ""
    On Error GoTo Finish
    With Rng.Parent.AutoFilter
        If Intersect(Rng, .Range) Is Nothing Then GoTo Finish
        With .Filters(Rng.Column - .Range.Column + 1)
            If Not .On Then GoTo Finish
            Filter = .Criteria1
            Select Case .Operator
                Case xlAnd
                    Filter = Filter & " AND " & .Criteria2
                Case xlOr
                    Filter = Filter & " OR " & .Criteria2
            End Select
        End With
    End With
Finish:
    FilterCriteria = Filter
End Function

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"3@work" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
> How to return the Autofilter value into a specified cell

Wince 5.0 : why does ASSERT_KINDOF fails on a derived class
class MainCoreTab : public CPropertyPage { .... } .... MainCoreTab mainCoreTab; .... mainCoreTab.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(CPropertyPage)); returns false where mainCoreTab.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(MainCoreTab)); returns true. What am I missing here? on http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4d38h138.aspx : "This macro asserts that the object pointed to is an object of the specified class, or is an object of a class derived from the specified class." fixed: rechecked my DECLARE_DYNAMIC and IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC macros.... ...

Exchange 5.5 w32.Sober.X@mm
Is there any way I can find out the IP of the PC infected with the Sober.X@mm. I kept receiving tons of e-mail from NAV for Exchange about e-mail infected with the worm. Thanks, Ismael Hi Ismael, "Ismael" <Ismael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EC4EE-2CA3-420A-84BB-DC74271A9973@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can find out the IP of the PC infected with the > Sober.X@mm. I kept receiving tons of e-mail from NAV for Exchange about > e-mail infected with the worm. be sure, that the Source of the Emails is inside you network. You may use...

Category Groups #5
I think I understand setting up categories and subcategories. However, as part of the process, you have assign each category to a Category Group. How do you set up/modify the various Category Groups? Thanx, CB In microsoft.public.money, Charlie Brown wrote: >I think I understand setting up categories and >subcategories. However, as part of the process, you have >assign each category to a Category Group. How do you set >up/modify the various Category Groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. ...

Excel Won't close in .NET 3.5 using C#
I have tryed all the various versions of closing an excel object, but it still remains in the Task Manager. CODE SAMPLE ONE: ===================================== xlBook.SaveAs(getFile, Excel.XlFileFormat.xlWorkbookNormal, null, null, true, false, Excel.XlSaveAsAccessMode.xlShared, false, false, null, null, null); xlBook.Close(null, null, null); xlApp.Workbooks.Close(); xlApp.Quit(); System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlApp); System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlSheet); System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlBook)...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Using Crystal 8.5, how can I import to Excel?
I have some reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5. They have drill down information in them and I need to have the same format setup in Excel. Any thoughts on how I can do this? ...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) #2
I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and smtp are different. Thank for your help 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server, if your ISP requires it? isaac wrote: > I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and > smtp are different. > Thank for your help > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) ...

My chart in Excell will only let me use 5 dates. ?
I put in 5 dates on the chart that I am using to track weight loss. When I add more dates in Excel the chart does not see them. What do I do? Hi, If you can see the chart and the data at the same time. Click the series on the chart and notice the highlight in the spreadsheet around the data. The bottom right corner of each highlight has a small square in the same color as the highlight. Place your mouse over the square, when you see a 2-headed arrow drag to expand the range. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "WillB" wrote: > I ...

IF formulas #5
I'm wanting to continue this function all the way to "Z" and "9". This is used to quickly cypher names for phone pad input. It takes 4 formulas to achieve this since Excel only allows 7 IF functions. =IF(B10="A","2",IF(B10="B","2",IF(B10="C","2",IF(B10="D","3",IF(B10="E","3",IF(B10="F","3",IF(B10="G","4",IF(B10="H","4")))))))) I've completed all 4 formulas but I'm wanting to display the result under...

Calendar Sharing #5
Outlook 2007. Windows vista. Suddenly (past three days), cannot update shared calendars through MS web server. Keeps asking for password and nothing happens Anyone having this trouble or know what's going on? Thanks Bill The web service occasionally has issues - we usually recommend waiting a couple of days and trying again. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outloo...

invalid page fault #5
Trying to find what has caused this, OS 98, uninstalled office 2000 prof.,completely reinstalled, also did a repair to no avail, ran SFC, scandisk....any suggestions or fixes. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSOUPLUG.DLL at 0167:10016d58. Registers: EAX=0056f874 CS=0167 EIP=10016d58 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=021e4240 SS=016f ESP=0056f550 EBP=0056f880 ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=021e50bc FS=4157 EDX=0056f55c ES=016f EDI=10027924 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 01 57 c7 44 24 20 00 00 00 00 ff 50 18 3d 00 Stack dump: 0056f55c 021e4f41 021e4244 00000000 00000104 0056f874 10026058 ffffffff ...

Queres ganhar uns Euros enquanto trabalhas no computador? #5
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Queue #5
I am using Exchange 2003. I have been riddled with spam the past couple of days. My queue is over run with invalid messages. I have since turned on the recipient filter to do a directory look up. I also check the flag in the virtual SMTP server. I am going in and deleting the messages in the queue manually and not sending a NDR. I have also turned off non deliverable notifications. I keep deleting these queue messages and they are still in the queue even if I delete the messages. Basically, my queue total doesn't decrease. It goes up or stays at the same level. This is affecting the...

Extract AutoFilter Column Values?
Hi all, I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column (exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!! Regards, Dwayne -- dwayneh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Question regarding Exchange 5.5 and 2003 running at the same time
I recently upgraded my domain from NT 4.0 to 2003 in mix mode. I still have a few BDCs and Exchange 5.5 running with no problems. To prepare for Exchange 2003 install I ran forest prep, domain prep and ADC connector. Can I install Exchange 2003 with Exchange 5.5 running at the same time. What downtime should I expect? What could go wrong?? If anyone has any insight or comments feel free to pass it on. DC There are a bunch of documents and good books available on that subject. Search on the microsoft site for keywords "5.5 migrate 2003" I followed the instructions carefully,...

fix biz portal 2.5 copy req funct. is very buggy
When using the copy functionality of a saved requisition to create a new one, the newly created req becomes corrupted and does not flow through workflow. The creator become the last to update and the currently assigned to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

OWA Access #5
I have exchange server 2003 running. OWA had been working correctly both inside and outside of the network. All of a sudden if using OWA inside of the network, if I type http://server/exchange it automatically logs me in as the user I am logged into the nextwork. Previously it would ask for a user name and a password. Is there something that could of gotten changed to cause this to occur. Thanks Jon "jonl" <jonl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have exchange server 2003 running. OWA had been working correctly both >inside and outside of the network. Al...

new to excel #5
I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to add totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this makes sense. Assuming the 31 sheets have their totals in same cell. In Sheet32 in a cell enter =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet31!A10) Where A1 is total cell on each sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:11:01 -0700, adbolak <adbolak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to add >totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this makes &g...

[ANN] Office 11.5 and 12.1.1
Hi All, The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> They are not yet available through auto-update, but they'll probably be in a few days. The respective release notes for these updates are on <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953824> and <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953822> The Office 12.1.1 udpate for Office 2008 fixes the double-click issue apparently. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.suppor...

OMA Error #5
I am getting the following error on my Motorola Q when I try to sync it to my Exchange Server, 0x85010014. The support page on microsoft.com only talks about ActiveSync and a PC. It says that article cannot help with Exchange Server. Thanks, Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I am getting the following error on my Motorola Q when I try to sync >it to my Exchange Server, 0x85010014. The support page on >microsoft.com only talks about ActiveSync and a PC. It says that >article cannot help with Exchange Server. Do you have the PPC connected to the sync ...

Exchange 5.5 Complete headache
Hi all - Please bear with my scenario explanation as I will attempt to explain my issue clearly but also show my thought process. Scenario Promoted to network admin. One domain, one Exchange 5.5 SP4 server on Win2k SP4 member server authenticating to a NT4 Domain (1 x PDC, 1 X BDC). Hardware Raid 5 - 140 Gb space, 90Gb used up. NEVER BEEN REBOOTED NEVER BEEN BACKED UP 80% of 130 staff have mailboxes, others PST...full MAPI functionality used such as calenders, public folders. Requirement I need to back this server up urgently as i'm living on borrowed time. Possible solutions and is...

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Exchange 5.5 DL's in Exchange 2003 GAL
we are currently running a mixed mode environment (Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003) which has two domains. Exchange 2003 is running in Domain A, and Domain B contains both 2003 and 5.5. The problem that we have is that Exchange 5.5 DL's in doamin A show up in the Exchange 2003 GAL, but Exchange 5.5 DL's from domain B do not. I have had a look at the ADC and everything appears to be ok. Take a look at these: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275194 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329200 "swingman" <steven.jones@arup.com&g...

New to Exchange #5
Just set up a new exchange server (standard) on Windows 2003 SBS. All is well, for the most part. The issue is that this is running on a new system but some of the users' systems are downloading all emails from the past year. I didn't migrate the old system to the new one, I started from scratch... is there anything that i can do to stop this? they work with a lot of graphically intensive files, aka large... Turn off cached mode on the client side? <marc.pelland@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131462020.422333.85100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Just set up a new...