Auto invoice number

I am self employed and every week I fill out invoices, and sometimes get
comfused what invoice number I need to use.

what I would like to do  is every time I open my work sheet is to have a
auto invoice number for every time how do I do it, please be has clear and
easy as possible because I am not very good with excel

Cheers  Dave

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Dave,

Look here:

      http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"dave" <dave.elenor@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:JR7oh.42739$KT2.14623@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
|I am self employed and every week I fill out invoices, and sometimes get
| comfused what invoice number I need to use.
|
| what I would like to do  is every time I open my work sheet is to have a
| auto invoice number for every time how do I do it, please be has clear and
| easy as possible because I am not very good with excel
|
| Cheers  Dave

0
nicolaus (2022)

Number formatting in chart
The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, which is what I want, but the data labels I would like it to show 177 only, for example, instead of 177,883. It would be understood that the labels are in thousands. Is this possible? Connie Okay, I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I will try to take a different approach. How do I customize the format of numbers in a column so that it rounds 177,883 to 178? Connie "Connie Martin" wrote: > The secondary axis in my chart is dollar value. It is showing in thousands, > which is ...

Voiding an invoice
Hello, Here's my question I had voided an invoice in A/R but it did not remove the invoice completely. It sort of put it in some mid point because it shows up under the Receivables Transaction Inquiry voided but under the Sales Order Processing Document Inquiry it doesn't show up at a void status? Although it doesn't show up in any aging reports or statements but when my manager runs a report for commissions it comes up as not being voided. Please help if you can thank y You posted an invoice in SOP. Then you voided it in RM. Is that right? Is the commission report a GP r...

How do I split one cell of 6 numbers into two cells of 3 and 3?
I have a column of data that has six numbers in each cell, however I need to split this into two columns, where the first column is the first three digits and the second column is the last three. There is no separator (space, comma or dash) between the numbers. Any suggestions? Use Text To Columns. Select your column of data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> Click "Fixed Width", then <Next>, Click in the data to display the "break line", and drag it to separate the numbers as desired. Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD =================================...

Auto increment date in header
Hello, I want to create a document and in header to put the date like: Thursday, 31.12.2009 and on second page, in header to appear Friday, 01.01.2010 and on third page Saturday, 02.01.2010 and so on Have anybody an idea how to do it? Thank you! Hi Lucrix, To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902 or http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Date Se...

Inserting page numbers in a cell
Certain data in my spreadsheet has to reference to a specific page number when the spreadsheet is printed. I can't find a formula that would provide information about a page number (something like =CELL("filename")) Any help would be appreciated. need something similar. i have a list of manufacturers' and their respective products on a sheet. items on this list are constantly being added and removed. this list is also filtered so that certain data can be printed. On a master sheet I want to be able to list the pages that a particular manufacturer's items are on, ...

Order will not transfer to invoice
We have a sales order that has been allocated and fufilled, but will not transfer to invoice. We are using GP 7.5, SQL 2000. All service packs are up to date. The original issue with this order is that on the sales transaction entry screen, once expanded, there were no amounts in the Qty to Invoice and in the Qty Fulfilled. We were able to update the tables, and correct this information. When you look at the Sales Qty Status screen, it shows that the amounts were transferred to invoice. We can not locate an invoice number anywhere for that customer / amount. When you try and tr...

auto starting
I've just upgraded Win 98 to XP Pro. Outlook 2000 start automatically. I've tried Settings - Start Menu - Remove, but Outlook si noe selected their to start automatically. I'm stumped - an anyone help? Much appreciated. Have you looked in all your account start menu files ... with xp there will be an 'Administrator' as well an 'All Users' user profile ... check all the profiles and you may find it in one of them ... including your own profile "david m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067301c39b92$f2ca2390$a30128...

Question: Macro overloading, passing variable number of arguments
Excel-97 (SR-2) In general I would like to write macros that can be overloaded, for example Hyperlink() has an optional displaytext field. HyperLink( Filename) HyperLink( Filename, DisplayText) Please could someone post a short, useful macro that does such a thing, rather than give a description of how to do so. I have searched the online help for "overloading" and "arguments" but nothing useful is shown there. TIA, Fred. See the help for Functions You are just talking about optional arguments. Function MyFunc(MyStr As String, Optional MyArg1 As _ Integer = 5, _ ...

row number in Excel
Hi, I am using ODBC to connect to an Excel database, does anyone know of a function that I can use to select from row 50 to 100 of a spreadsheet. So, is it possible to use an sql statement on Excel database to get a range of rows? Does Excel have a row number function? Thanks Feng ...

Numbers left-aligned in a cell
I can enter a number as text by=20 (1) formatting the cell as text=20 or=20 (2) leaving the format as general but keying in a single quote with the = number e.g. '76. Either way, the number will be left-aligned with a green triangle i.e. = if I invoke error checking. If I untick error checking and don't notice = the left alignment, the single quote should alert me that the number is = in text format, right?=20 Do you see another difference between (1) and (2) especially in terms of = application of the number (in text format)? =20 Thanks. Epinn You aren't going to see th...

Rounding up numbers in hh:mm:ss format
I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. How can I do that? Cheers, Thorbjorn Hi try =ROUNDUP(A1*24*60,0)/(24*60) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote: > I have a columnn of numbers stored in the hh:mm:ss (custom) format. I > need to round up all cells that have ss>0 an add 1 to mm; in other > words all cells with seconds should be rounded up to the next minute. > How can I do ...

Auto populate fields
I have a form that asks for Name, Job Title, Employee ID number, etc. I can create a drop down list using Validate no problem. However, I want to be able to automatically populate the fields when a person's name is selected. For example, if I select Billy from the Name drop down list, the Job Title, ID Number, etc. gets automatically filled. If you had a table with the other information that relates to Billy (and other names), you could use =vlookup() to return that info. For more info about =vlookup()... You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFun...

Quicken Invoices to MS Money Invoices
I am attempting to bring all may data over from Quicken Small Business 2003 to Money Small Business 2005. The accounts convert fine except for the business accounts. My invoices, projects and estimates come over as a standard account. In the process, all the form data is lost. The numbers are there but none of the invoice data. How or can I bring this business data over from Quicken? I want to convert over but am not willing to re-enter two years worth of invoice and payment data. Thanks, In article <MPG.1ca6347da05dbaa98968e@news.west.cox.net>, nothere@nowhere.net says... > ...

exmerge: number of messages processed: 0
I am running exchange 2003 enterprise. I've had an instance where the log file was deleted and then firstly I could not mount the store. Did eseutil /mh, then performed eseutil /d. Got clean sheet, but could not do defragmentation. In the end had the ost files for 85% of the users and recovered them, got the pst and it was OK. As for the rest, tried using exmerge to get mailboxes into pst files. I have no issue with permissions, but when I use it, I only get folders copies and no items inside of them? (get the above number of messages processed to be 0 for the mailboxes). Basically, ...

Enter various number of blank lines in cells
I have a text spreadsheet index with 5 columns of information that has a various number of wrapped phrases in each cell. I would like to add various numbers of blank lines in some of the cells to make the information in the columns line up horizontally. Could you suggest a way to do this? For a forced line feed: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Jim"...

Add-in must be 'run' one time to stick? How to auto invoke?
Thanks to Dave Peterson's recent sample and tips to get started I have gotten past the notion of a script-holding template file and gotten all the functionality I need into a .xla addin menu The functions in the addin are made available thru a toolbar menu created like... Set cbcCutomMenu = _ cbMainMenuBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _ Before:=iHelpMenu) '(5)Give the control a caption cbcCutomMenu.Caption = "M&y Menu" .... and added by these subs in the 'View Code' thingy: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Run "...

Auto Number Concern
While looking at my tables, I noted that the AutoNumber has changed radically. Expecting the table to continue building on the three digit autonumber, I was surprised to see 10 digit autonumbers appearing and at times preceded by a minus sign. What gives? I created a master with a replica...is this the source for the change? Thanks Cheese Yup: when you use Replication, the AutoNumber field is changed from Sequential to Random. There's no way for you to change that behaviour. Fortunately, it doesn't matter. The only intent of an AutoNumber field is to provide a (practically ...

Converting telephone numbers
Hi, I have a 2 lists of telephone numbers - one that is in the form 4165551234, and the other that has the format 416 555 1234. I need to convert these to the same format, and cannot (unfortunately) do it through Excel as I have more rows of data in my database than are allowed in Excel. I'm using Access 97 if that makes a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, You can do this with an update query. Set a criterion on the phone number field of Like "##########" (that's ten hash signs) and update it to Format([XXX], "000 000 ...

Positive & negitive numbers in conditional formatting statement
I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like to highlight the money amounts (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for credited money. Zero works great, but it seems that it would tell positive from negitive numbers. -- Frank Hi Frank Use condidtional formating HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Frank" wrote: > I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like > to highlight the money amounts > (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for > cred...

Locate numbers that sum to another
Is there a tool, or function that will analyze a range of numbers and identify those numbers that add up to another number? For example: I have a list of numbers..... 2 4 6 8 I want excel to analyze this list to tell me what combination sums to 6. In this example, it would identify 2 and 4.....2+4=6. Thank you. See: http://www.mrexcel.com/pc09.shtml -- Gary's Student "simmerdown" wrote: > Is there a tool, or function that will analyze a range of numbers and > identify those numbers that add up to another number? > > For example: I have a list of num...

Auto Accept script not registering mailboxes
When I run the vbs script, the following error message is generated: Error 80040E19: Object or data matching the name, range, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation. The server was rebuilt over the weekend after an issue with the RDAC. Any suggestions? Greg Pointing Systems Engineer Hi Caboose, Here are some things to check: Are you able to register any resource mailboxes? What about newly created mailboxes? Is the SMTP alias the same as the Display Name and Logon Name? Are we registering the mailbox on the server where the mailbox is located? Cheer...

Random numbers #2
Hi all, My application is in a nead for a very big number of randomal numbers. I use srand() and rand() calls. My problem is that I suspect that the random numbers I get, starts to repeat them self at some point. My questions are: What happends when the srand() list is over? Does rand() start all over again and begins returning the same numbers? (with a certain bit offset)? How long is the list srand() creates? Is there any better way to create many random numbers? Thanks in advance Dudu Arbel "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B022C3...

Auto Run Function on file startup
Hi there I have a wierd problem and am not sure if it's possible. However, I'm what I'm wanting is when I open a certain spreadsheet (eg book1.xls) I would like a function to load up. Is there any way of doing this? Many thanks Gareth Saunders BOFH Hi Just to clarify what I've said below, is that the function I'm wanting to startup on the spreadsheet, I'm not wanting it to start on any other spreadsheet. Thanks in advance for your assistance "Gareth Saunders" wrote: > Hi there > > I have a wierd problem and am not sure if it's possibl...

Project 2007: Is there any limit on the number of tasks/resources?
Hi - A general question. Is there any limit on the number of tasks, resources, assignments in a scheduled developed using Microsoft Project 2007? - Sai Not limits that matter. If there is a limit, whatever it is, I have never encountered it. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "Sai" <sai.nivas.public@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b12036d1-32ec-4e78-8866-a2a76c5ca0fe@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Hi - > > A general question. Is there any limit on the number of tasks, > resources,...

Random Number Question
Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are different and Random Steve Boyle By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If I ever remember to take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well it worked. Steve, This should be exactly what you need. http://tinyurl.com/2jgd8d John Wilson "Steve Boyle" <waylandboyle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ACDCCD1E-D8C6-4A1A-BCE5-...