Auto insert data to seperate sheets?

Hi,
I have a Excel (2003) workbook consisting on 4 sheets, sheet 1 has 9
columns, sheet 2 has 4 columns, sheet 3 has 2 columns.
Sheet 4 is used for new data which will usually stay on this sheet for a few
weeks before I manually copy it over to the relevant sheet then manually
arrange it. The whole workbook is arranged alphabetically.
I would like to be able to insert new data in sheet 4 but at the same time
the entered data inserting into another sheet of my choice and in its
relative alphabetical row, Is this possible?

any help much appreciated

many thnx

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Auto-numbering of Opportunities
Hello all, I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement auto-numbering on such entities? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje Try this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/13/auto-numbers-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm.aspx Greetings Patrick H "Hrvoje Vrbanc" wrote: > Hello all, > > I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be > auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement > auto-numbering on such entities? > > Tha...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Script to auto fill Creditor doc # in Auto Invoice
Hi. We are setting up RMS HQ + 42 stores to integrate into GP using Connect Pro which is going great so far. Connect Pro integrates purchases into Shipment only and we then have to Auto Invoice all receipts by supplier to process the roughly 5,500 invoices at store level per month. We can run a macro to populate the creditor doc # at auto invoice stage, but is there any other utility / sql script / vb script available which we can use to bring the PO Title across from RMS tables (RMS po # = Batch ID) without having to manually process 5,500 invoices or use the macro? This would t...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Seperate Page
I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. How can I send her page 2 without sending the entire 12 pages? Only output the selected pages to the pdf writer (it's in the print dialog) "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B58B6D-802B-4A56-B3F2-B3FF402FAE85@microsoft.com... |I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. | I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. | | How can I send her page 2 without sending the | entire 12 pages? | | | View, clea...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

2 seperated cluster of bars on 1 bar graph?
I would like to have the data for the moths of 2004 and then the same months for 2005 on the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the x-axis. is that possible? Mike OK - I have got the seperation I needed by reworking the data so that the 2004 months are all together(before each 2004 month had its 2005 partner next to it) and then having a blank column followed by the months 2005 data. BUT how can I het the same colour for the month in 2004 and 2005 the same ?i.e november 2004 and 2005 say red ,...

Defining same name for cells in different sheets
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I want to give the same range name to the same cell reference in a series of worksheets. I find I can do this by pre-defining all my range names on a "master" worksheet and making several copies of the sheet (try it, it works!) But let's say I have done this, and entered all my data on the sheets I have created, and suddenly realize I need another range name. I haven't found any way to define a new range name and apply it to the same range on several sheets. This is not the same as a 3-D reference, which I tried. (3- d referenci...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Fill Down based on count in another sheet
I am using the following in Excel to copy a formula: ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Results 4").Range("3:2000").FillDown I need to only copy the formula for a certain number of rows up to 2000. The number of rows I need is based on the number of rows I have in worksheet "Results Data" in column A. So, if "Results Data" has data in column A2:A16, I will need to copy down the formula for all columns in worksheet "Results 4" to column 17. Sub FillFown() Dim lStop As Long With Worksheets("Results Data") lStop = .Cells(...

Import of Money 98 Data
Does anyone know if its possible to import Money 98 (US Version) to the latest Money International version? The easiest way would be to try it out. There is a trial version of the international version. Some of the earlier (pre-2000) versions directly convert even though they are different regional versions, so you may be lucky. Trial can be obtained via http://money.mvps.org/downloads/default.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Mone...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...

Inserting comment depending on the Conditional formatting
Hi Is it possible to insert comment depending on the conditiona formatting.I mean if the color of the cell is blue the comment shown i " A " & if the color of the cell is green the comment shown is " B " similarly if the color of the cell is black the comment shown is " C . ( The color names which i had writted here r examples i dont know th real names of the colors which i have given in my spreadsheet) -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...