Auto filter- Highlighting active filter

Hi,

I appreciate that when a filter is active, the arrow turns blue. However, is
it possible to make this more visible, ie: make the actual button yellow for
example? Or even shade the cell which the button sits in, to yellow?

Trivial I know, but it would help if the active filter was more visible!

Many thanks,
MarkO
0
Marko (10)
2/15/2007 3:05:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Mark

Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook where she colours the cells with
the active dropdown
http://www.contextures.com/FilterColour.zip
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Marko" <Marko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I appreciate that when a filter is active, the arrow turns blue.
> However, is
> it possible to make this more visible, ie: make the actual button
> yellow for
> example? Or even shade the cell which the button sits in, to yellow?
>
> Trivial I know, but it would help if the active filter was more
> visible!
>
> Many thanks,
> MarkO

0
roger5293 (1125)
2/15/2007 3:10:44 PM
Hi Roger,

That's great, it works!
Thanks very much.
Mark

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook where she colours the cells with
> the active dropdown
> http://www.contextures.com/FilterColour.zip
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "Marko" <Marko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I appreciate that when a filter is active, the arrow turns blue.
> > However, is
> > it possible to make this more visible, ie: make the actual button
> > yellow for
> > example? Or even shade the cell which the button sits in, to yellow?
> >
> > Trivial I know, but it would help if the active filter was more
> > visible!
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > MarkO

0
Marko (10)
2/15/2007 3:39:49 PM
Hi Mark

Glad it got you sorted, but the thanks are entirely due to Debra.

--

> Hi Roger,
>
> That's great, it works!
> Thanks very much.
> Mark
>

> "Roger Govier" wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook where she colours the cells
>> with
>> the active dropdown
>> http://www.contextures.com/FilterColour.zip
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Roger Govier
>>

>> "Marko" <Marko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I appreciate that when a filter is active, the arrow turns blue.
>> > However, is
>> > it possible to make this more visible, ie: make the actual button
>> > yellow for
>> > example? Or even shade the cell which the button sits in, to
>> > yellow?
>> >
>> > Trivial I know, but it would help if the active filter was more
>> > visible!
>> >
>> > Many thanks,
>> > MarkO

0
roger5293 (1125)

Auto Name in "from" field
We have two mailboxes, i want to be able to send a message from the secondary mailbox but have the sent item message in the secondary instead of the primary. I can do this if i have a rule set to pick up the name from the "from" field. The only problem is that i have to put in the name in the from field all the time. Is there any way for the from field to autodisplay the name instead of me having to type it in all the time? Thanks in advance Darren In the new mail window, there is a box named "Accounts" if you have more then one mail account. You just click on th...

auto-reply w/o "Out of Office" in Outlook Express
Hi, how can I send an auto-reply in Outlook Express without it saying Out of Office. This is for a group mailbox and we want to have a friendly "We-ll get back to you soon" type auto-response. Thank you! Use rules and create a template to reply with. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote...

lost ability to filter by color
Originally when using the filter I was given the option to filter by color or color of text but now I am no longer given that option. check your other post "ichirus" wrote: > Originally when using the filter I was given the option to filter by color or > color of text but now I am no longer given that option. ...

Problem filtering and opening a report
I have a report based on a query that gives me all records and I would like to use a form to filter the report and retrieve either a single record or a group of records based upon which filter I apply. On a form called RunReportsFiltered I have an unbound Combo Box called [NameFilter]. It picks a persons name which is a calculated field in the query called [CombinedName] which equals [LastName] & "," & [FirstName]. In the code I set SingleName = [NameFilter] DoCmd.OpenReport "Complete Record", acViewPreview, "Report Query", "CombinedN...

Issues when pivot charts are refreshed and pivots has filters
Dear Sir, Need help with pivot charts. The problem I am facing is as given. Have created a pivot. It has filters, by name and we want to track for each person productive & non productive hours. One name is chosen and a pie chart is made and formating done with labels (to display the absolute no. and %). Post this when another person is chosen in the pivot with the filter the complete formating goes for a toss. No labels can be seen. What is the way out? Wish you Happy New Year 2010 regards saswato mitra Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Seems to work in my set...

Exchange Connection Filtering & Mail Relay (2)
See comments below: > Connection filtering will only work if the server where connection filtering > is enabled is actually the server the connection is being made to -- ie if > the spammer isn't connecting directly to the Exchange server with connection > filtering, connection filtering won't do any good. > > -- > Evan Dodds > Microsoft Exchange Support Well, this is not good. Wouldn't it be better to check the mailheaders of an email for the existence of known ip adresses provided by DNSBL's? (But then you couldn't name it connection filtering :...

Outlook applies "unread messages only" filter to almost all my folders
Recently I have found that most, but not all my filters have had this filter applied. I have applied this filter manually for selected folders (that accumulate list postings) as a way to burn down a lot of unread messages. But I know of no way to apply this setting globally. And since I can't apply it globally, I can't * undo * globally. What do I do to remove this filter globally? OL 2003 running on Win XP SP 2 with autopatching active. Thanks -AH try restarting uotlook using the /cleanviews switch. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - ...

Advanced Filter #6
Using Office 2000... Trying to use an advanced filter to filter only the unique records... The option is always grayed out... why? Perhaps you are using a shared workbook. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33BFA8B7-6D98-4776-ABB9-DEFEE27D8A59@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2000... > > Trying to use an advanced filter to filter only the unique records... The > option is always grayed out... why? I have come across this when using a shared workbook. If this i...

subtract only the highlighted
i just want to how can we subtract the highlighted ones from the total. eg: 1256 sdkjfs 1236 dfsdf 2569 dfsdfs 2669 dfsdfs 3214 dfsdf 2200 sdfsdf 1230 dfsdfsdf (total) (total - highlighted) when i highlight the 2nd column each time i want the 1st column to be subtracted from the total(all the highlighted ones). thank you Assuming that your data is in A1 thru B7, enter and run this macro: Sub ganga() c1 = 0 c2 = 0 For i = 1 To 7 If Cells(i, 2).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone Then c1 = c1 + Cells(i, 1).Value Else c2 = c2 + Cells(i, 1).Value End If N...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

auto correct file
What (and where) is the file name that stores the auto correct entries? It has the extension .acl On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "NickD" <NickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What (and where) is the file name that stores the auto correct entries? ...

Filter every nth record within a worksheet...
Hi, In the past, I have used the Data/Filter/Advance Filter tool to get unique records based on text in a column. Is there a simple way to obtain the nth rows in a worksheet? For example, I wish to display the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, etc. rows. Or perhaps the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc rows only. I thought if I could specify a criteria, this might work but I don't know how to approach this task. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -Greg I use a helper column and Data|filter|autofilter. I use a formula like: =mod(row(),4) Or =mod(row(),3) Then filter to show the 0's, 1'...

Activity Roll up
Hi, I was just wondering if the activity roll up within an account includes activities created in custom entities which are related to that account? If not, any ideas on how to do this? Help please.... :( Activity rollup in V3.0 does not support rolling up from custom entities. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this feature for a future release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserve...

Activation Code for Money 2004 Deluxe
Can anyone get this link to work with either button. I keep getting the page can not be displayed. http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.as p?SKU=860- 00211&SKUName=Mohttp://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/Pur chaseQuestion.asp?SKU=860-00211&SKUName=Money%20Deluxe% 202003%20English%20Upgrade%20From%20Money% 20Trial&img=/OMLibrary/images/X0880521frs.jpg Jason, Just use the link without the SKU: http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp Good Luck! Regards, JB "jasona@arnell-west.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Does sender filter rules apply only to anonymous connections ?
Hi, In Exchange 2003 documentation, we can read that : "Recipient filter rules apply only to anonymous connections. Authenticated users and Exchange servers bypass these validations.". I would like to know if this is also true for sender filter rules. We receive a lot of emails where the FROM email address pretends to be in our domain name. We would like to deny SMTP messages when the email address of the sender pretends to be part of our organization AND when the user has not authenticated (if the user has authenticated, we can trust his FROM header). How can we do that ? M...

Activating Workbooks...
I'm creating a VB macro that needs to activate multiple workbooks that all have a different name. I.E. workbook 1 = 91547.645 workbook 2 = 93284.670 workbook 3 = 91549.680 where the first five characters are the fund number, and the last three characters are the workstation number I don't want the macro to care which workstation the fund is on, and just activate the workbook based on the fund number... I got the workbooks to open using fundnumber & ".*"... but I can't activate or close the workbooks by using the ".*" Anyone know a solution?...

"smtp address has changed" auto answer
Hi, colleagues, Is there any way to create an SMTP agent or daemon in v 5.5 SP3 which will recognize the recipient of message and tell back a reply saying "Your message has not been delievered. The email address xxxx@company.com is no longer valid. Please use new address yyyy@cc.comp.com instead" There is a text ini-file of all the addresses which are not valid in a plain format: [Not_valid_addresses] xxxx@company.com=yyyy@cc.comp.com xxxx2@company.com=yyyy2@cc.comp.com xxxx3@company.com=yyyy3@cc.comp.com Thanks, Mary ...

Schedule Recurring Activity: Call
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring call in Workflow. For example: under Account, I have a rule set up to schedule a call XX number of days after it has been assigned. When account is assigned if Account.customertypecode = Customer then Phone Call: &account.name; end if stop Does anyone know how to set up a call so it's get scheduled every XX days automatically? Thanks! Sean Powers ...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

Auto Starting Excel
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to have Excel open at a certain time (e.g 0900) and have it open a Macro to run. I have files which are auto loaded to a shared area but need to run the Macro's on them, I cant leave my PC on 24/7 but would like the Excel document to auto-open and run the Macro on a server. Can any one assist? Thanks Drew Use Windows Task Scheduler to start Excel with a shortcut to the workbook in question. Run the macro from a Workbook_Open event in the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:07:02 -0700, Drew1707 <Drew1707@discussions...

Filtering data within macros
I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job. have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how man jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macr which works out most of the combinations of filters and outputs it t a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloum tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting th filters everytime for every combination? hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!! Cheers Robert -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This may be helpful ...

Auto play 06-15-10
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:6677560C-DD38-49D6-BCE3-78AF2D210BA2@microsoft.com... > How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when > I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. > Thank you Auto Play set up is a control panel item under 'Hardware and Sound'. I think 'ask me' produces the menu. Tom ...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

How can i change Calendar on the appointment page on activities ??
Dear All, i have a big problem on CRM, as a client wants to change the Gregorian Calendar from all pages of the CRM to Hijri Calendar as example (or any other calendars in the universe) on CRM 1.2. Any FeedBAck is mostly appreciated Best Regards ...