Auto Filter Entries

Is there any way to extract the detail listed in drop down auto filters?

I work with files where there are numerous entries of the same customer name
for each customerustomer in the one list along with other data in the file.
When you select the drop down box in the auto filter you get a list of
customers. It's that list that I want to put on another worksheet so that I
have only one listing per customer rather than 20 or 30 of them.

Or, maybe there is a better way you fine people might suggest.

Cheers
Mark

0
markmcd (33)
10/17/2007 12:16:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Advanced filter will do that for you.  Start the Advanced filter in the
sheet that you want the list to be entered in.  Select: Copy to another
Location & Unique records only and you don't need to enter anything in the
Criteria Range box.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

"Mark McDonough" <markmcd@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Is there any way to extract the detail listed in drop down auto filters?
>
> I work with files where there are numerous entries of the same customer
> name for each customerustomer in the one list along with other data in the
> file. When you select the drop down box in the auto filter you get a list
> of customers. It's that list that I want to put on another worksheet so
> that I have only one listing per customer rather than 20 or 30 of them.
>
> Or, maybe there is a better way you fine people might suggest.
>
> Cheers
> Mark

0
sandymann2 (1054)

Auto Name in "from" field
We have two mailboxes, i want to be able to send a message from the secondary mailbox but have the sent item message in the secondary instead of the primary. I can do this if i have a rule set to pick up the name from the "from" field. The only problem is that i have to put in the name in the from field all the time. Is there any way for the from field to autodisplay the name instead of me having to type it in all the time? Thanks in advance Darren In the new mail window, there is a box named "Accounts" if you have more then one mail account. You just click on th...

Exchange Connection Filtering & Mail Relay (2)
See comments below: > Connection filtering will only work if the server where connection filtering > is enabled is actually the server the connection is being made to -- ie if > the spammer isn't connecting directly to the Exchange server with connection > filtering, connection filtering won't do any good. > > -- > Evan Dodds > Microsoft Exchange Support Well, this is not good. Wouldn't it be better to check the mailheaders of an email for the existence of known ip adresses provided by DNSBL's? (But then you couldn't name it connection filtering :...

Assign a Value to a Duplicate Entry Within the Same Column
Within a single worksheet I have thousand-plus rows of data and one of the columns within that worksheet I have a series of numbers. After I've identified the duplicates within that column I want to assign a value based on the first time that number shows up (in this case by I'v sorted by date), so the first duplicate would have a value like "1." I then want to assign the next duplicate(s) sequentially (2, 3, 4, etc.) When finished I would want a new column of data that would have far more "1s" than "2s," more "2s" than "3s,"...

Advanced Filter #6
Using Office 2000... Trying to use an advanced filter to filter only the unique records... The option is always grayed out... why? Perhaps you are using a shared workbook. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33BFA8B7-6D98-4776-ABB9-DEFEE27D8A59@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2000... > > Trying to use an advanced filter to filter only the unique records... The > option is always grayed out... why? I have come across this when using a shared workbook. If this i...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

auto correct file
What (and where) is the file name that stores the auto correct entries? It has the extension .acl On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "NickD" <NickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What (and where) is the file name that stores the auto correct entries? ...

Filter every nth record within a worksheet...
Hi, In the past, I have used the Data/Filter/Advance Filter tool to get unique records based on text in a column. Is there a simple way to obtain the nth rows in a worksheet? For example, I wish to display the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, etc. rows. Or perhaps the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc rows only. I thought if I could specify a criteria, this might work but I don't know how to approach this task. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -Greg I use a helper column and Data|filter|autofilter. I use a formula like: =mod(row(),4) Or =mod(row(),3) Then filter to show the 0's, 1'...

Does sender filter rules apply only to anonymous connections ?
Hi, In Exchange 2003 documentation, we can read that : "Recipient filter rules apply only to anonymous connections. Authenticated users and Exchange servers bypass these validations.". I would like to know if this is also true for sender filter rules. We receive a lot of emails where the FROM email address pretends to be in our domain name. We would like to deny SMTP messages when the email address of the sender pretends to be part of our organization AND when the user has not authenticated (if the user has authenticated, we can trust his FROM header). How can we do that ? M...

Multiple Journal Entries
Frequently one of our users gets multiple listings in Journal from a single event. It doesn't seem to be related to the event and can be listed up to 11 times (the record). He is running Outlook 2003 on an XP sp1 Stinkpad. Our network is Novell/MS with Exchange 2000. We've tried updating client, re-installing Outlook, uninstalling ActiveSync, uninstalling Palm Desktop and hotsync, and several other time-consuming non-solutions. Any ideas? One more thing, he synchronizes all folders upon disconnection each evening. Thanks, Goatscape ...

"smtp address has changed" auto answer
Hi, colleagues, Is there any way to create an SMTP agent or daemon in v 5.5 SP3 which will recognize the recipient of message and tell back a reply saying "Your message has not been delievered. The email address xxxx@company.com is no longer valid. Please use new address yyyy@cc.comp.com instead" There is a text ini-file of all the addresses which are not valid in a plain format: [Not_valid_addresses] xxxx@company.com=yyyy@cc.comp.com xxxx2@company.com=yyyy2@cc.comp.com xxxx3@company.com=yyyy3@cc.comp.com Thanks, Mary ...

Filtering data within macros
I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job. have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how man jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macr which works out most of the combinations of filters and outputs it t a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloum tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting th filters everytime for every combination? hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!! Cheers Robert -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This may be helpful ...

Auto Starting Excel
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to have Excel open at a certain time (e.g 0900) and have it open a Macro to run. I have files which are auto loaded to a shared area but need to run the Macro's on them, I cant leave my PC on 24/7 but would like the Excel document to auto-open and run the Macro on a server. Can any one assist? Thanks Drew Use Windows Task Scheduler to start Excel with a shortcut to the workbook in question. Run the macro from a Workbook_Open event in the workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:07:02 -0700, Drew1707 <Drew1707@discussions...

Auto play 06-15-10
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:6677560C-DD38-49D6-BCE3-78AF2D210BA2@microsoft.com... > How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when > I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. > Thank you Auto Play set up is a control panel item under 'Hardware and Sound'. I think 'ask me' produces the menu. Tom ...

filter on the rows
Is there any possibility to make a filter on the rows -- shlomo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46709 As far as I know, no. Filters can only be applied to columns. You ma need to transpose your data to apply a filter. I'm sure if someone knows of a way (probably via VBA) they will post solution. Good Luck Bruc -- swatsp0 --------------------------------------------------------------...

Filter Shortcut
Is there a ctl, shift, alt shortcut to turning the filter selection to "all"? Instead of using the mouse or move to the cell that has the header that has the filter turned on. alt+down arrow, home key, enter? Here is a macro I use and have assigned to a button. You can assign a hot key. Sub showall() On Error GoTo away ActiveSheet.ShowAllData away: End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jeff Holmes" <Jeff Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7833CFBC-ED4B-4335-A550-33278E547D41@microsoft.com... > Is there a ctl, shift,...

Rule to filter mails from same exchange server #2
Hi All, In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the messages if the sender's address contains our domain name. But that doesn't work...may be bz, if the msg is from same exchange server, it won't include the domain name part in the sender's id. Pls help. Rgds SR sajirochira@gmail.com <sajirochira@gmail.com> wrote: > In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from > same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the > messages if ...

Exporting hand-picked entries of the calendar?
I tried several different ways to export my calendar at the office but didn't have luck in trying to do what I needed. I use the Calendar very heavily as a reminder system as I prefer how it handles the recurring information over tasks (it's far superior). But I have so many at home and so many at the office, it would be nice to find a way to "synchronize" some of the entries back and forth. Obviously the work-related reminders of the office I don't need at home, and the home-related reminders are definitely not needed at the office, except for a small handful of remin...

Auto-adjust column width
Hi all Is there a way to set a column width so that it auto-adjusts to the widest entry in the column? And what about the widest numerical entry, excluding word-wrapped cells containing text? I realise that I can double-click on the edge of the column header to achieve most of the desired result passively, but this does not work if the worksheet is protected. Thanks -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Hi depending on your Excel version you can allow formating columns in the protection dialog. (I think starting with Excel 2002). In all other cases no chance but to remo...

Auto Update Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to update my Office 2008 Student and Home edition. I have tried within the different softwares and by manually downloading the updates. I currently have version 12.0. The updates download properly, then I start the installation process. I get the following: Installing Office SP1 Update Running Auto Update Installer Script No matter how long I leave the computer - it never moves beyond 1 bar - the longest I left it was 5 hours. I have 3 updates I have to do 12.1, 12.11 and 12.12. Can you please ass...

Do I keep an email virus filter on teh server???
We are looking at outsourcing our SPAM filtering to a company named "Spam Soap". As part of their service, they provide email virus scanning as well (both incoming and outgoing - well outgoing costs a bit more but it's cheap...) I am hoping this would allow us to remove the product we are currently using Symantec's Mail Security for Exchange - as it is a bit of a dog... and costs quite a bit of $'s each year for the licensing... My question is this, should I keep it around strictly for the virus scanning it does? The Symantec AV corporate client also resides on th...

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

Auto Reply
Hi, Is there any way to set a auto reply to the sender telling them the user is on holiday... Can anybody help mi on this... Tks Alot... Just set an Out Of Office on the user's Outlook. But, consider the security implications of doing this to the Internet if you have that setting enabled on your server. You're telling people on the Internet that this user is on holiday and therefore that their property could well be unoccupied. Also, spammers will know they've hit a live address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeb...

Auto Response or Vacation Response
Does outlook have this function? I not can I get it and where? Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm M. Abell wrote: > Does outlook have this function? I not can I get it and > where? ...

Connection Filtering Log?
I have my Exchange 2003 server set to perform a connection filtering to limit some of the spammer connections....works fine. Is there a way to have an event log of the refused connections so that I can perform troubleshooting, if needed? Thanks. -Rob T. Enable SMTP Protocol logging on the properties of the Default SMTP Virtual Server. It won't log it to your event logs, but it should log to the smtp logfile. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Rob T" <RTorcellini@DONTwalchemSPAM.com> wrote in message news:eF7CD0rZFHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I ha...

Beginners-problem with xpath filter and XML
Hello all, I am building a personal web site in VS2005 as a kind of learing project for myself, so forgive me if this is a novice question. I am planning to use an XML file called SiteSettings.xml to hold site-wide info such as copyright info, site title (e.g. my homepage) etc. Currently this xml file looks like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SiteSettings> <Settings Name="TitleText"> <value>My homepage</value> </Settings> </SiteSettings> U use a datalist and a xmldatasource to display the data. The xmldatasource lets me supply ...