auto filter data within pivot table

Hello,

Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort
the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table???
Can we do that?

It doesnt seems to work?!

Thanks.
Elaine.

0
elaine216 (15)
10/9/2006 12:38:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot
table's data.

To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on
the Excel toolbar.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Table Summary
Hi, I want to be able to summarise some data that I have in a Pivot Table created. The data from the Pivot Tables is contained in many tabs in m workbook. I just selected the mutliple sources option when I create the table, using the wizard. It has people names in the rows and the programs they worked on in th columns. The data in the table is the amount of time a person ha worked on a program. I would like to know if it is possible to summarise all the data b each person's name and then an individual line for the each progra they worked on and the amount they worked on it. (and ignor...

Moving data between sheets (tabs?)
Hi all, sorry for the potential newbie-question but I really didn´t know what to search for... I have an Excel 2003 file with 3 sheets (tabs) in it. All 3 sheets look the same but I would like the third sheet to only show the products bought on sheet 1 & 2. The first two sheets are the product-lists - which are pre-filled with product information and prices. One product for each row and the "F"-Column is where i will enter the amount of each product which has been purchased - default value is blank. However on the 3´d sheet i would like to collect all the produ...

More than one Table
I have an Old table TABLE 1 in an application which has a check fields CHK1, CHK2 in it. I have recently upgraded the application so that the check field are now a series of records in a sub-form TABLE 2. QUESTION I want to increment through TABLE 1 one record at a time, then run a conditional statement to see if CHK1, CHK2 is yes in each respective check field and if it is I want to open TABLE 2 and add record to TABLE 2 so that reflects the respective CHKn. My question is can 2 recordsets be open simultaneously and if so how do I swap between the 2 so that my VBA applic...

How can I merge highlights within a container?
After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the container if the container is moved on the page. LVB wrote: > After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the > container if the container is moved on the page. Unfortunately there is no feature for "grouping" elements in ON. For temporarily grouping things one may use the "Lasso" tool. Rainald ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Cannot view data entered using custom form
My company has a form saved in the Organizational Forms Library that users can enter certain required fields and then email the completed form to me. The problem is the email is blank when I receive it and I can't figure out why. I use Outlook 2003 and I get the emails from users using Outlook 2000 and 2003. I've attempted to have the users send to my co-workers and they have had no problems viewing the email with the all the data entered in the form. My coworkers have both 2000 and 2003. Any ideas why? I have no plugins or anything like that which might interfere. Stumped. Fi...

copy data from master sheet
my sheet1 is master sheet where data related to all continent is entered. e.g. A B C D ....... 1 America US Big 1 2 Europe Britain Big 3 3 America Canadan Medium 7 i want my sheet2 to get all information if column A contains america. (i.e. row 1 & row 3 data) ...i.e. sheet 2 is america specific sheet.. similarly sheet3 to get all data if Column A contains Europe (i.e. row 2 data). It should update automatically whenever i enter data in master sheet. i dont want to u...

how to retrieve data which appears to be lost
working with a large database - one of the lists seems to have disappeared while I was entering a new item. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:22:03 -0700, mirella <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >working with a large database - one of the lists seems to have disappeared >while I was entering a new item. You'll have to post more information than that, Miranda. Access doesn't have a "lists" object. Has a Table disappeared from the tables window? Does a Subform now not show data that it showed before? Does a Combo Box seem to be missing its contents? And... do y...

Pivot: Selecting data with Query Result
Hello Community, I am using Pivot functunality to get access to data that is stored in a classical table. As I result from selecting the name in the the page field, I would to display the corresponding values like customer number and post code just below the name field but not in the data field. Moreover, I want to be able to enter the customer number once and another time the name, whereas each time the "related field" is filled correspondingly. Could anybody help me on that issue. Thanks and cheers. Glenn Format of the source data: #Name #Customer Nr. # Postcode # Reven...

Filter pull down icon color
Hi Reader When change to Using LCD monitor, the pull down filter icon blue color as same as black color in LCD monitor. Is it possible to check pull down color to other color value ? moonhkt There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour. You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell if a column is filtered. There are sample files here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings' moonhkt wrote: > Hi Reader > When change t...

Auto depreciation rate
I am using MM 2004. I have set up the auto loan and also the asset account for my auto. But I would like to record the depreciation each yaear. Does anyone have an idea on a method of entering the depreciation each for my auto? You could check http://www.kbb.com or http://www.edmunds.com. There is no one formula for depreciation because it varies by vehicle, market, mileage, etc. These are all reasons few of us add cars to asset accounts. "Bennett Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ae01c3c7ec$467afb60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am usi...

Data Validation #7
I am using a drop down calendar on a form for users to select start and end dates. When the user double clicks on the calendar the date it is entered into the active cell. As the date has not been typed into the cell normal Data Validation will not work. How can I prevent the user from selecting a date that occurs in the past? ...

How can I limit the range of data graphed by the value of another column?
The question is hard to ask, which is why I haven't found the answer. The spreadsheet has lots of data, but I want to graph a subset of the data at a time. One column contains an integer that is incremented every 700-1000 rows (ie 1..1,2..2,etc.) which is the event number, and there are 2 other columns of data that I want to plot. So I want to plot one chart with all the data with the event number of 1-3, another 4-6, etc. I know I can just specify the data range with the row numbers that correspond to the event number range I want, but is there a way excel can do the work for me? I a...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

VB reference to table field
I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT part. I want it to refer to the master table's COMMENT field. This code, however is in the main form. I've tried [Tables]!Table1.Comment among others, but it gives an error. Any help? Thanks!!! With Me.RecordsetClone .AddNew !Name = Me.Name !DOB = Me.DOB !COMMENT = .Update "Mark1" <Mark1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT ...

Importing Journal Entries Using Table Import
Hello I am doing some research to see which methods would work best for importing journal entries created in a third-party application into Great Plains. So far I've completed the process using the integration manager and now I am researching the table import method. The table import process is causing me some problems because I cannot get the account numbers to import. There is a typo in the GL Transacton Entry SDK document I have, so I am trying to work around it. I am not an Engineering, my background is more of end-user. If someone has some suggestions on how to map to the ac...

Data mining
Hi, I'd like to change data column to row, it's the apposite way with cross tab query. These are the sample of data: Product NY NJ CT AAA 3 5 4 BBB 5 10 6 CCC 6 4 And I'd like to change data above become like these: Product State Qty AAA NY 3 AAA NJ 5 AAA CT 4 BBB NY 5 BBB NJ 10 BBB CT 6 CCC NY 6 CCC ...

Getting external data filters
I have successfully generated queeries to import data in my spreadsheets, but I don't know if I can or how to do something. My filtering data can change because it is personnel based, so I want to know if I can generate a queery that will allow the user to define the filters without having to redo the queery every time someone moves out of the respective work section or a new person joins. Basically, can I have a data entry area for them to list employees and have a queery reference this list to sort out the new data for only those people? Is there another way to do it? I am learning a...

Help us test a spam filter for Exchange
We are a small Danish company fighting spam. We have a lot of users on our client solution for Outlook and Outlook Express, but our new anti spam Exchange Module give us trouble. Out of 10 people downloading it, only 1 finish the installation and we simply can't find the error. Please help us out, we really need some fresh eyes on the project. http://www.spamfighter.com/product_sem.asp Best Regards SPAMfighter Martin Thorborg I would help you out, but I cannot download the install file, it just wants to install straight from the site, and this just wont work in my environment, my lab ...

data validation list font size
Can you change the font size of the data validation list as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I increased the font size in the original list, but it does not seem to carry through to the drop-down version. Thanks! The only way I'm aware of to accomplish this is to increase your view percentage. That's it. :( <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*->...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

WORD: Table of Contents with latin numeration
If have got a document dividedin sections. The first sections use latin page numbering and the rest normal arabic numbering. For each section this is working all fine. The only trouble appears when I create the TOC. The reference to the page numbers of those sections that use latin page numbering appears with arabic numbering. THe example will surely clarify the problem: It appears as ****************** Table of contents..................................2 Foreword ...................................4 Summary ...........................................5 1 Introduction ......................

pivot chart formatting #2
Hi there, I've a sheet with a cake pivot chart. I customized different parts of the chart (colour of characters, data format in perc.,etc). When I update the pivot table connected, the chart loses my previous setting. Is there any trick to solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Renato Hi, This is a known problem. See KB article. Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Renato wrote: > Hi there, > I've a sheet with a cake pivot chart. I customized > different parts of the chart (col...

Pivot Table Settings #2
Hello, Is there a way to have the Pivot table fields set to sum (or any other calculations)instead of count before you start to create? Thank you, Denise ...

How to import a table on a Web page to Excel?
Hello How to import a table on a Web page to Excel? Columns in the table are delimited by several spaces, not by a htm table tag. fist use < data-get>external data (importdata) using a webquery into excel then data-texttocolumn using space as delimiter you must know the no. of the table in the webpage which can be found out from the source html page counting <table> tag or by trial and error -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email ========================= "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:#WI#g9Q5FHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl.....