Auto Fill Columns

hi all,

i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing
number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the
grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class
at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro,
code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd,
3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D)  and the second
column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is
possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is
the first row affected has 1, the second 2, etc? if yes how?

thanks in advanced,
Stelios

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See one guess at your previous post.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

2 questions one on list/combo boxes and the other on "atomically" hiding columns or rows.
I followed most of the post recently on the subject of list and combo boxes. From what I can tell I need to create a list but I need to have the list find the item and than a price associated with that item and than it's cost. Is there some where that I can find away to do that? The other question on the opening page of my quote sheet I have by columns the floors (4) of the house and under those a list of rooms (these are the headings of the rows) that are on each floor. In the following columns I have the my wiring combination. I have all this linked to other worksheets that have simil...

Sum on top of stacked columns #2
Is it possible in some way to add the sum of series on top of each column in a stacked column diagram? I am often using this feature in ThinkCell for my powerpoint slides. However, need to insert a stacked column graph from Excel 2007 into Word 2007. Currently, I've been using a text box with a reference. However, the reference in a text box is static, which makes it a source for error when inserting or deleting rows in Excel. Hello Drews. You can add a new series with the total sum and then: Change the chart type to line ONLY for this series. Format the series without lines or markers...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

Auto-Receive Freight, Tax & Miscellaneous charges from PO
When doing a Shipment/Invoice receipt in Dynamics on a PO, when the Auto-Receive button is selected, the system does not bring in the amount in the subtotal area for Freight, Taxes or Miscellenous charges. This requires us to alway go back to check the original PO to verify the amounts are correct before processing and posting the receipt. There should be an option in the Purchasing setup to allow to receive the complete PO, if you are not receiving multiple POs on one receipt. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Sum a table of columns & rows
I have a spreadsheet of 154 Rows (all unique project numbers in numerical order) and 9 columns of account numbers (some are similiar and some are user entered, therefore there could be 'blanks' with no data in them). I am trying to create a table that will only give me the project number if there are dollars in one or more of the columns. This would be used for data entry (and that is why I would like to have the columns summed up - to remove duplicates). Any ideas? I have given a brief example below: F, G, &am...

Adding up numbers from columns.
How can I sum up multiple columns while not letting each cell "associated values" sum to a number greater than one specified. For example, if I have sets of colums: 14 3 12 2 11 2 11 1 10 1 and 20 5 19 4 18 3 17 2 and 25 6 22 4 20 3 18 2 I want to know what 3 combination of numbers in the left 3 colums giv me the highest value...WITHOUT letting the correspoding numbers in th right hand column be greater than, say 10. Thanks, Larr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Auto-Responders & Address Delimiters
I have two questions. 1) Is there any why to put a auto-reply rule on a timer, or otherwise automate when it auto-replies by date/time? Basically, I need to have a auto-reply sent if a message is delivered outside normal operating hours. I suggested manually turning on a auto-reply rule when the last person leaves, but was told that it would be preferred if it was automated. 2) Is there any sane why to have Exchange use/accept delimiters? A couple people have asked if we could something along the lines of user+something@company.com. Essentially, something similar to what some web mail...

counting negative and positive percentages in a column
I am trying to figure out how to do a sumif or countif for a range of values negative and positive values of a cell in a column. example 10% 15% 33% -10% -5% -45% I would like to have one formula to count the cells with a positive % from 0.01% to 20% another formula to count the cells with a negative % from -0.01% to -20% thank you Try these: For the positive range: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">=0.01%")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,">20%") For the negative range: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<=-0.01%")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<-20%") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <vieux-lo...

copy and paste visible columns
I am new to excel and am using the outline feature. I have collapsed the outline and want to copy and paste it to a new worksheet but It keeps on copying my whole outline , not just the columns I selected. Any help for a newbie would be appreciated Try .. In source sheet, Select the range Press F5 > Special > Check "Visible cells only" > OK Right-click on selection > Copy In destination sheet, Right-click > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "ferde" <ferde@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels
I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to create labels. One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of those numbers begin with a zero. When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers starting with a zero have the zero missing. I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to stay there when merged to Word. Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Wo...

enter data in the same column in multiple sheets
"Sial56" <Sial56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C54443-F3BC-4665-A1C0-16E45B76AA93@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as you cannot POSSIBLY give us all the information you need in such a small space. Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm Select all sheets. Then enter the data. As long as each sheet is IDENTICAL.... ...

Column comparison
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Chip Pearson has lots of techniques for working with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) will return True if the value in A1 (of sheet1) matches any value in column A of sheet2. Dave T wrote: > > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > t...

Right column spilling onto 2nd page
I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my version of excel. The link to that file is: http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm. The vendor is not able to help me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page. There are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second page. They claim each page is identical and it should not do that. I'm using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1 THANKS MUCH Darrell Catmull http://www.utahhousevalues.com Hi Darrell, If the vendor can't tell you w...

Auto Import Into Deny List
Hi, Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email from without having to manually add the Ip's one at a time http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/135453 Thanks Try ipsec.vbs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=286d2818-08b3-496d-8b0d-c2b628a3ef16&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 3:27 pm, melu <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email > from without having to...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Column to Rows
I want to convert my data from one column into rows. I have my data set up now as follows: John Smith $3200 555 Main St. 95111 Jane Jones $5500 345 Happy Dr. 93434 Jack Clark $2300 354 Oak Pl. 95343 I want it to be displayed into 4 separate columns as follows: John Smith $3200 555 Main St. 95111 Jane Jones $5500 345 Happy Dr. 93434 Jack Clark $2300 354 Oak Pl. 95343 Please advise, thanks, Don -- Don D. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don D.'s Profile: http://www...

Auto Accept Agent #5
I've been testing this. There is one thing I don't like. If you invite a conference room as a resource and the resource does not accept, the invitations still go out to the recipients. Is there a way to configure the agent to stop this so if the resource is not available the invitations don't go out. No. If you send out a regular meeting request and one person rejects it, the entire meeting doesn't get cancelled automatically, does it? Why should auto accept behave any differently? Remember that all it is doing is automatically accepting/rejecting a meeting reques...

Charts switch from 'Series in Rows' to 'Series in Columns'
I use VBA to create charts in Excel 2003, but find that sometimes the Charts switch 'Series in Rows' (intended) to 'Series in Columns' (not intended), even if I have specified 'Series in Rows'. This happens intermittently, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I do save the workbook as Microsoft Excel 97 so that a user with Excel 2000 or Excel 2003 can use the workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. Hard to tell if you keep the code secret. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Peac...

Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect
Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to Invoice). This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

angled or sloping column headings in Excel
How do I create angled or sloping headings in Excel Select your cells. Format|Cells|Alignment tab|Play around with the orientation area. PhilipRichards wrote: > > How do I create angled or sloping headings in Excel -- Dave Peterson Select the cells you typed the headings into. Then, Format, Cells, Alignment. Slant as desired using the Orientation area. tj "PhilipRichards" wrote: > How do I create angled or sloping headings in Excel Select the cells; use Format|Cells and open Alignment tab At right-hand side: either drag the line on the gauge or set the angle by ...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

how do I sum only visible data in a column
I have some rows manually hidden, Please is there a formula I can apply to return the sum of the unhidden data contain in a column? Hi Afolabi, If you don't want to use VBA (create a UDF), you could review the following pages: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames08.htm http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames09.htm In any case, there is a fundamental issue with both approaches: since hiding/unhiding rows doesn't trigger any event, such event will have to be forced from time to time, or maybe you can leave with the formulae updating their result in the next recalculation...