auto complete replacement list

Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have
allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in
through the auto complete options and adding them one by one.

Thanks

0
y1 (18)
2/20/2005 9:54:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tangy

Auto Complete or Auto Correct?

Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in
contiguous cells above where you are now entering data.

There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit.

Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote:

>Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have
>allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in
>through the auto complete options and adding them one by one.
>
>Thanks

0
Gord
2/20/2005 10:40:04 PM
I guess I mean auto correct then. I want it to "pick from list" but not only
from cells above or below the current working cell, I want it to pick from
an master list.

> Tangy
>
> Auto Complete or Auto Correct?
>
> Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in
> contiguous cells above where you are now entering data.
>
> There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit.
>
> Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have
>>allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in
>>through the auto complete options and adding them one by one.
>>
>>Thanks

0
y1 (18)
2/21/2005 4:00:26 PM
Tangy

How about Data Validation>List with a dropdown box to pick from?

Would require that you have a master list entered on a sheet, either the
active sheet or a second sheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for tips and instructions.

Gord

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:00:26 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote:

>I guess I mean auto correct then. I want it to "pick from list" but not only
>from cells above or below the current working cell, I want it to pick from
>an master list.
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>> Tangy
>>
>> Auto Complete or Auto Correct?
>>
>> Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in
>> contiguous cells above where you are now entering data.
>>
>> There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit.
>>
>> Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK.
>>

>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have
>>>allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in
>>>through the auto complete options and adding them one by one.
>>>
>>>Thanks

0
Gord
2/21/2005 4:44:26 PM
Thanks I got Data Validation to work but I still have to pick from a list,
with a list of over 100 names it's still a bit of a pain. Is there a way to
get Data Validation to pop up as I type. i.e Type "Bob" and all the Bobs
will be displayed below and I pick one??

> Tangy
>
> How about Data Validation>List with a dropdown box to pick from?
>
> Would require that you have a master list entered on a sheet, either the
> active sheet or a second sheet.
>
> See Debra Dalgleish's site for tips and instructions.
>
> http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html
>

> Gord
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:00:26 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>>I guess I mean auto correct then. I want it to "pick from list" but not
>>only
>>from cells above or below the current working cell, I want it to pick from
>>an master list.
>>
>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>> Tangy
>>>
>>> Auto Complete or Auto Correct?
>>>
>>> Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in
>>> contiguous cells above where you are now entering data.
>>>
>>> There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit.
>>>
>>> Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK.
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

0
y1 (18)
2/24/2005 7:12:34 AM
Unfortunately, data validation doesn't support autocomplete. If you can
use programming, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox
from which you can select one of the values from the data validation
list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Data Validation Combobox'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Exchange 2003 services list
Hi All, i want to know the services list for exchange 2003 and what they are doing, any web link or reference willbe helpful thanks in advance regards shajahan ...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

Private Distribution Lists
Is it possible to create a distribution list where the the recipients can not see each others names?? This is for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it as bcc: That's what the BCC field is for. Why can you not use it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dooley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54f201c3da19$3196cd70$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to create a distribution list where the > the recipients can not see each others names?? This is > for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it > as bcc: ...

validation list #4
hi i have created a validation list with more then 500 name, but when i try to find a particual name i have to go through all of them . is it possblie to write the first alphabitic letter in the list and the drow down list will point to that particual name e.g if the name in the list is Mark S. Mark can i write only Ma to find all Names start with Ma You can do this if you use a combobox from the control toolbox instead of DV. -- HTH Bob Phillips "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E9A3FF-5773-4002-8BCD-C2498BDE9EB0@microsoft.com......

Can't publish Excel list to Sharepoint
In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to Sharepoint), I get the msg "Cannot connect to server at this time. Your list cannot be published". I am able to "pull" the same spreadsheet into Sharepoint, using Create List, Import Spreadsheet. I have done the workaround in KB838703 with same results. Any other suggestions ? This has also been posted to the Sharepoint community site Thanks. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:03 -0700, "LeslieR" wrote: >In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to >Sharepoint), I get the m...

Publish Task List
Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file? Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file, retaining it's view characteristics? View it in Simple list view, add columns, do your grouping - using the Field Chooser and Group By box (on Advanced toolbar) Then you can print preview it - you'll get what you see when you print it! Judy Gleeson Acorn Training and Consulting "we're nuts about Outlook" www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm Cody Dawg <bfogelstrom@hotmail.com>...

How to prevent users changing details in Contacts List
Hi All, After entering the contact details in the contact form, How to preven users from changing the details through the Conacts List ?? We have customised the contact form for not entering the non-codepag 1252 characters into the form. But, there is a possibility that use may do the trick by entering the non-codepage 1252 characters into th contact details through contacts list by clicking on a particula record with the help of a mouse and directly editing there. As per our requirement, the contact details shall be synchronised t Siebel through Exchange Server. Please suggest me how to av...

Size of drop down in validation list
I have a validation list which contains about 50 elements. The drop down only shows 9 entries which I can then scroll through. Is there a way to get the drop down to show more entries? There is nothing below the cell which contains the validation list. Thanks for any help on this. There is no way to change the number of entries shown in a data validation drop-down list. I believe you can do so with a ComboBox control (i.e. from the Developer toolbar), but then additional code may be required to validate entries. dhstein;690747 Wrote: > I have a validation list...

Suggest Names/Auto Fill
This is driving me crazy. Outlook has picked up on an email address i incorrectly typed in Now anytime i try to type the correct address it suggest/auto fills the wrong name until i finish typing the right address. Is there any way to get outlook to stop doing this? Can we clear the bad name out?? Please advise Any names it should be trying to Autofill should be coming straight from your address book. So if you go into your address book and find the offending address, simply delete it and type in the correct one. Or, if you want, you can completely disable Autofill by going t...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for so...

Guide to setting up Resources and using Auto Accept Agent
I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept Agents to complete the process of people booking these resources? Thanks Please could someone advise on this? I am hoping to find someone with information ASAP. "Makor" wrote: > I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how > to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of > meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept...

A bug in Quote list with CRM v3?
With Contact or Account window open and quote tab is clicked, "Filter on - draft, won, closed..." feature is not working when "This Record only" is selected. But it works with the opportunities list. ...

Replacing signed drivers during development
I have just added a certificate to my driver. Will it be possible to replace this driver manually during the development process? It will be much easier if I can just replace the file and skip the entire driver installation process. I realize I could also use F8 during the boot process, but I am hoping that my familiar method will still work. > I have just added a certificate to my driver. Will it be possible to replace > this driver manually during the development process? kdfiles in windbg is a very efficient way to do this. After the initial successful install, ju...

Mail not received when certain user is on the To: or CC: list
Hi, I am using Exchange Server 2003 SP 1 (I believe) with XP clients running Outlook. Basically we have a problem sending email to a specific user when another specific user is in the cc or to field. IE. We have 5 employees If anyone in the company sends a message to Employee number 1 and employee number 5 is also in the message (either TO: or CC; field) then employees Number 2,3,4 and 5 will get it but not employee number 1. However employees number 1 can receive mail from all employees as long as employee number 5 is not in either the TO: or CC: field. Any help??? Thanks Check ...

Excel auto-fit
I accidently dragged and deleted the format width autofit option on my toolbar. I want it back. I know you can double click the column top to get the whole column to autofit; but sometimes I just want a cell to be the autofit width for the entire column. How can I get it back? You can reset toolbars under tools>customize>toolbars and reset Regards, Peo Sjoblom "NancyC" wrote: > I accidently dragged and deleted the format width autofit option on my > toolbar. I want it back. I know you can double click the column top to get > the whole column to autofit;...

auto Name #2
I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just like everybody else here) Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an email that day. Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature. Any other ideas? That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:eFm2BnF8FHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to ou...

CDOEX, CDOEXM and Listing Mailboxes
Hello, I've been Googling for ages and I'm stuck. I'm using CDOEXM in conjunction with System.DirectoryServices to automate Documenting an Exchange Organisations installation. However I want to basically list the mailboxes stored on an Exchange Server. I thought this would be something that CDOEXM could do but apparantly not. I wasn't confident with using WMI as it seems very basic for Exchange 2000 and this needs to support Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003. Any suggestions - or if theres a better Group to post the query let me know Much Thanks, Dave You can search A...

Possible To Circumvent Single-Response To Auto-Replies Via Outlook Rules?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6638F.C85E8A70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In my company, users contact the internal IT support center via several = means, not the least of which is by email. I am trying to set up an = Outlook client to auto-reply to every incoming email with a template = message I previously created. The problem is that when using Outlook = rules to accomplish this, I am limited by the same restrictions in place = when dealing with the 'Out Of Office'...

Auto Filter and Grouping
Is there a way for Auto Filter of columns to work when I'm using Groups as well? If not are there similar options? Thanks, Dan Foxley I used Data|Subtotal to create my groups (not data|group). And autofilter worked ok on it. The =subtotal() formulas do get confused by rows hidden by filter or by the outlining symbols. When I shared workbooks with others, I would only use one or the other--not both. It seemed to make life a little easier. If this doesn't help, you may want to explain what doesn't work when you try it. Dan Foxley wrote: > > Is there a way for Auto...

how do I list FrontPage pages by category?
I click "View > Reports > Categories," and select a category in the menu-box to the right. I consistently get "no files match the criteria specied" - which i know is untrue did you assign a category to a page(s)? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC29434F-71AE-41ED-BF76-9D5A1397552F@microsoft.com... > I click "View > Reports > Categories," and select a category in the > menu-box > to the right. I consiste...

auto fill
hi, i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro, code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D) and the second column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is the...

Auto Date Population #2
Hello Everyone - Here's what it is: I use an Excel-based form to order product. What want is to set up a chosen cell to show the date of the followin Tuesday, regardless of when I fill out the form (for instance, if were to fill out the form today - 7/20/04 - I would want the chose cell to read the date for the following Tuesday - 7/27/04. Under different circumstances, I would simply enter a formula to sho the date X days from today, but I don't always place the order on th same day. Can this be done? Thankx, C -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi for your...

Stopping Auto dial up
How can I stop Outlook autodialing to connect to my ISP every time I open or sync with my PDA? Thanks ...

How to determine second (and then third) highest value in a list #2
I've got an excel spreadsheet full of data, and I wanted to create a column that would tell me what the second highest value was, given a list of cells. For example, I've got 8 columns (columns K through R), with headers "Team 1" through "Team 8". Below that, on the following MANY rows, are numbers, associated with scores for the team in that column. I'd like to have a column that tells me what score was 1st place, which was 2nd place, and which was 3rd place. Finding the 1st place one is easy, using the =MAX(K4:R4). But I'm at a loss to determine...

PA not receiving meeting related request of manager when she is also on the invite list
Hello all, I am currently helping out a personal assistant who in turn is a delegate on her manager's calendar. For reference, both PA and manager are on Outlook2007. Email system is Exchange 2k10 for several months. The PA receives his meeting requests just fine. That is until she is ALSO on the invite list of the meeting request, in which case she now only gets one meeting request request for herself and NOT a second meeting request for her manager. Apparently this was working a few weeks ago such that she would have got both meeting request. Example. Person A send i...